• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

JackieO

Why do men love fishing?

Just now, The XYY Man said:

Puts fresh food on the table for the women-folk to cook.

It's the epitome of manliness...

XYY

What  - a fish? FFS

Bring back a wild boar and a southern woman might be impressed but a sodding halibut - I doubt it.

Northern jessie.

Just now, Frank Hovis said:

So, given that you know and understand the motivation can you answer Jackie's question:

Why don't, or do so few, women fish?

Better things to do with my time like cleaning house for the boss man. :P

Man against beast ..the hunter gatherer coming out also CP`s point is valid in a lot of cases 

I caught the fishing bug in my late teens early twenties  and took it to levels that could only be described as an obsession ,in fact i went fishing when i was twenty one and came back when i was in my mid thirties i even had a got at making a living out of it on more than one occasion   ,,,it`s just an occasional thing now

3 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

It boils down IMHO to sitting or standing in a beautiful place, in peace and quiet, with a vague purpose for being there for many hours.

Completely this.

Never underestimate the joy of just being left alone for a few hours, especially in a beautiful setting.

Bonus points if you actually catch something you can eat.

Just now, Long time lurking said:

Man against beast ..the hunter gatherer coming out also CP`s point is valid in a lot of cases 

I caught the fishing bug in my late teens early twenties  and took it to levels that could only be described as an obsession ,in fact i went fishing when i was twenty one and came back when i was in my mid thirties i even had a got at making a living out of it on more than one occasion   ,,,it`s just an occasional thing now

Trawlers or inshore?  

Just now, Cunning Plan said:

What  - a fish? FFS

Bring back a wild boar and a southern woman might be impressed but a sodding halibut - I doubt it.

Northern jessie.

:)

A wild boar for Christmas, or maybe her birthday is one thing - but allowing her to believe she is worth one every week is pure Southern folly...!

XYY

I liked fishing when I was a teenager gave me a good excuse to be out and about the countryside by myself, or a mate or two at the most, without my parents giving me any aggro about 'where have you been'.

2 hours ago, Cunning Plan said:

What  - a fish? FFS

Northern jessie.

Halibut are fucking huge. What women would not have a fit of the vapours if you slapped one of these down on the table:

b5b31-81662961194cd56580e2aaab5273eb8f--

5 minutes ago, Virgil Caine said:

My Mum used to work for a woman who had won numerous trout fishing contests.

Are you sure she didn't mishear and it was catfishing?