• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

NHS fraud

Most of these people will have paid a shedload of tax into the NHS already (bennie claimants get it all free). So  to then be charged an additional £15 for a prescription because you happen to work, is despicable. Trying to avoid paying twice is not - it's common sense.

They have a whole department dedicated to this. Mr Dipsy was sent a letter accusing him of claiming an exemption for ESA fraudulently and telling him to stump up cash for the fine. He asked them for a copy of the prescription. It was signed illegibly, no indication that it was signed by the patient or the patients representative, he told them it was not his signature, they had no proof of who signed it and suggested fraud either at the pharmacy or surgery (the prescription was sent directly to the pharmacy by the surgery when he never requested it). Told them he would report to the Police is they pursued him, never heard from them again. 

2 hours ago, Dipsy said:

They have a whole department dedicated to this. Mr Dipsy was sent a letter accusing him of claiming an exemption for ESA fraudulently and telling him to stump up cash for the fine. He asked them for a copy of the prescription. It was signed illegibly, no indication that it was signed by the patient or the patients representative, he told them it was not his signature, they had no proof of who signed it and suggested fraud either at the pharmacy or surgery (the prescription was sent directly to the pharmacy by the surgery when he never requested it). Told them he would report to the Police is they pursued him, never heard from them again. 

Is Mr Dipsy trained in these things? Good call in asking for proof of signature, most people would just fold and pay regardless of fault.

2 hours ago, Virgil Caine said:

I have read the book and own the tee shirt on this subject

I have a severely disabled stepson who is entitled to Free Prescriptions on two grounds

a) He is paralysed down one side following a massive stroke so can't get up without assistance let alone leave his flat.

b)  He is in receipt of income related ESA

Even though he has got a valid Medical Exemption Certificate which runs until 2022 the useless fuckers in Newcastle are continually trying to fine him for non payment of prescription charges. I have even sent the clueless twats in the NHSBSA a photograph of the self same certificate  that they issued him and which I present to the pharmacist when I collect his medication  Hardly surprising that fraud is rife in the NHS given the morons who are administering it. It would be cheaper to sack the lot of them and just give the drugs away free. Anyway if the NHS continue in this persecution I may take the matter up formally with my MP. I might even suggest that this relentless pursuit of a severely disabled individual for a prescription charge of £8.50 might constitute a hate crime. 

What a terrible way to treat someone who has enough to endure in life.

A good idea to take it up with your MP. It’s unacceptable to be fined while holding an exemption certificate. I wonder how many others are being harassed?

Meantime here in Scotland prescription drugs are handed out like sweeties at no charge to all and sundry!

15 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

What a terrible way to treat someone who has enough to endure in life.

A good idea to take it up with your MP. It’s unacceptable to be fined while holding an exemption certificate. I wonder how many others are being harassed?

Meantime here in Scotland prescription drugs are handed out like sweeties at no charge to all and sundry!

Same in Wales.

Only the English get treated like shit.

So much for a United Kingdom

BTW the system for claiming exemption is Byzantine in complexity and is a make work scheme for bureaucrats that must cost a fortune to run. Moreover, most of the people fined are not guilty of 'despicable fraud' as that loathsome NHS creep claimed but simply forgetting to renew their certification when it expires since if they were they would be guilty of a criminal offence that would have to be investigated by the police and CPS not subject to civil process. It is just another attempt to treat essentially law abiding citizens as crooks while doing fuck all about the mass looting and criminality that goes on elsewhere in society 

Edited by Virgil Caine

More the case that Britain's a nation of junkies and just because the gear comes from Boots, rather than a tattooed bloke in a blacked out Audi Q7, doesn't mean its any less of a destructive addiction.

1 hour ago, Virgil Caine said:

Same in Wales.

Only the English get treated like shit.

So much for a United Kingdom

BTW the system for claiming exemption is Byzantine in complexity and is a make work scheme for bureaucrats that must cost a fortune to run. Moreover, most of the people fined are not guilty of 'despicable fraud' as that loathsome NHS creep claimed but simply forgetting to renew their certification when it expires since if they were they would be guilty of a criminal offence that would have to be investigated by the police and CPS not subject to civil process. It is just another attempt to treat essentially law abiding citizens as crooks while doing fuck all about the mass looting and criminality that goes on elsewhere in society 

Same in NI.  Given out like sweets and 1 in 9 are on DLA.  Now that is massive large scale fraud if there ever was.

http://www.irishnews.com/news/2016/09/16/news/northern-ireland-dla-bill-tops-1-billion-697321/

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/bill-for-free-prescriptions-soars-to-440m-in-northern-ireland-35316018.html

Edited by montecristo

8 hours ago, spunko2010 said:

Is Mr Dipsy trained in these things? Good call in asking for proof of signature, most people would just fold and pay regardless of fault.

No it's more my line of work but he wasn't going to let them get away with it. We're also raising it at the surgery as we think there is something dodgy going on there.

Fraudulent NHS Employees:

Vasco-Knight was a former nurse who rose through the ranks of NHS management until she became the Chief Executive of Torbay NHS Foundation Trust, which runs Torbay Hospital and other units in South Devon and the South Hams.

She was awarded a CBE in the 2014 New Year's honours list and paid a total of £197,000 for her work at the trust and her one day a week equality job.

She was the NHS's most senior black executive, having enjoyed a meteoric rise which led to her being the deputy chief executive at Derriford Hospital in Plymouth before taking up the top job at Torbay Hospital.

Vasco-Knight, aged 53, of The Seasons, Runcorn, and her husband Stephen, aged 45, of the same address, both admitted a single count of fraud on the fourth day of their trial in January.

She was jailed for 18 months, suspended for two years and ordered to do 250 hours unpaid community work and her husband was jailed for ten months, suspended for two years and ordered to do 150 hours unpaid community work.

She has received in patient treatment at a mental health unit since admitting her guilt.

And won't pay back the money she's stolen.

http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/plymouth-news/attempt-make-disgraced-former-hospital-700839

17 hours ago, Virgil Caine said:

I have read the book and own the tee shirt on this subject

I have a severely disabled stepson who is entitled to Free Prescriptions on two grounds

a) He is paralysed down one side following a massive stroke so can't get up without assistance let alone leave his flat.

b)  He is in receipt of income related ESA

Even though he has got a valid Medical Exemption Certificate which runs until 2022 the useless fuckers in Newcastle are continually trying to fine him for non payment of prescription charges. I have even sent the clueless twats in the NHSBSA a photograph of the self same certificate  that they issued him and which I present to the pharmacist when I collect his medication  Hardly surprising that fraud is rife in the NHS given the morons who are administering it. It would be cheaper to sack the lot of them and just give the drugs away free. Anyway if the NHS continue in this persecution I may take the matter up formally with my MP. I might even suggest that this relentless pursuit of a severely disabled individual for a prescription charge of £8.50 might constitute a hate crime. 

This is such an accurate description of the modern welfare state. It exists as much to provide jobs for bureaucrats (scroungers) as it does for the recipients (ordinary folk who often have been dealt a bad hand).

There is no shortage of money to provide free prescriptions to everyone. Indeed, I think I read that 90% of prescriptions were given free anyway. This petty, priggish, bourgeois obsession over trifles is pathetic. Sack the scroungers, streamline the system and provide basic first-world services for free. Very very simple.

6 minutes ago, billfunk said:

This is such an accurate description of the modern welfare state. It exists as much to provide jobs for bureaucrats (scroungers) as it does for the recipients (ordinary folk who often have been dealt a bad hand).

There is no shortage of money to provide free prescriptions to everyone. Indeed, I think I read that 90% of prescriptions were given free anyway. This petty, priggish, bourgeois obsession over trifles is pathetic. Sack the scroungers, streamline the system and provide basic first-world services for free. Very very simple.

Charity sector is the same the main people most charities are keeping, from being homeless on the streets, is the people that work for them.

12 minutes ago, billfunk said:

Sorry to be a pedant, but it is never free.