• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

I was attacked because of my accent...

Not a very good 'Brexit peole are violent and nasty'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-west-wales-41821004

Greek guy got beat up in Middlesbrough.

Sadly, you risk being beaten up if you have a Southern accent, Newcastle accent. York accent, yellow shoes, brown shoes, etc etc.

Violent boro thugs, of which there are 100s, really are not that discriminating.

Edited by spygirl

10 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Sadly, you risk being beaten up if you have a Southern accent, Newcastle accent. York accent, yellow shoes, brown shoes, etc etc.

Violent boro thugs, of which there are 100s, really are not that discriminating.

Years ago I was punched in Swansea for having a Welsh accent.

6 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Attaching accusations of racist motivations to anti-social behaviour hits a new low. If you photograph someone smashing up cars, then phone the police to report it in front of the perpetrator, there's a very high chance they'll attack you, your accent has got nothing to do with it.  You could have been born and bred in Middlesbrough, it would have made no difference (apart from the fact that you'd probably know not to act like that).

A friend of mine was attacked in Doncaster a while ago and it was because of where he is from. He wasn't from Doncaster. That's all the reason the locals need. Actually they don't even need that. He didn't report it as a hate crime. Perhaps he should?

Edited by the gardener

40 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

Attaching accusations of racist motivations to anti-social behaviour hits a new low. If you photograph someone smashing up cars, then phone the police to report it in front of the perpetrator, there's a very high chance they'll attack you, your accent has got nothing to do with it.  You could have been born and bred in Middlesbrough, it would have made no difference (apart from the fact that you'd probably know not to act like that).

This.

The Greek guy is a knob. Went out of his way to get beaten up and then moans about it.

Next he'll be walking round Brixton shouting that he hates nig**rs and then stand in abject wonder as he gets violently assaulted by multiple assailants.

Edited by the gardener

6 minutes ago, the gardener said:

This.

The Greek guy is a knob. Went out of his way to get beaten up and then moans about it.

Next he'll be walking round Brixton shouting that he hates niggers and then stand in abject wonder as he gets violently assaulted by multiple assailants.

FTFY

18 minutes ago, man o' the year said:

The only crap I had about being English in Wales while at uni in Swansea was from a New Zealander. 1 off arsehole out for agro.

A friend of mine got a fairly full on kicking while in the queue at a Swansea takeaway for saying someone's food smelt good as they were leaving.

Edited by Hail the Tripod

8 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

A friend of mine got a fairly full on kicking while in the queue at a Swansea takeaway for saying someone's food smelt good as they were leaving.

I was given an impressive kicking outside of a kebab van in Oxford years ago. Can't remember what my transgression was. Existing, I think.

1 hour ago, Sgt Hartman said:

I was given an impressive kicking outside of a kebab van in Oxford years ago. Can't remember what my transgression was. Existing, I think.

Those fugging gay mathematicians, eh? They can be pretty gippy:CryBaby:

"you're not from round here" and "go back to where you came from" 

two of the charming things twatty kids have told me since I've lived here. 

In fairness they used to say it the Bangla man too.

The dog walker I spoke briefly to the other day noted I must be from London.

12 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

It must be the Pearly outfit.

12 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

We say that to the people from the next town.  

4 minutes ago, One percent said:

We say that to the people from the next town.  

Gurt Clodney is still at war with Felching Barton round here.O.o

We meet at Beltane party festival, to trebuchet large musical intsruments at each other

Edited by MrPin

50 minutes ago, MrPin said:

My nice polite accent got off hennies kits off pretty quick during my time in Newcastle. They thought I was dead posh. The blurks thought I was dead hord. Must have been the Horley Davidson?

No just being there, reasonably presentable, under 40 and being able to stand up is enough on a Saturday night in Newcastle, or was in the 90s. 

18 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

One of the issues in Oldham is they say it to people who aren't from the same ward! 
So by virtue of being born over 100 miles away I am deemed foreign.

Residents of sink estates in South East London will beat senseless residents of neighbouring sink estates found on the wrong side of some random road. If they happen to have a friend from work or something who lives in the other estate, they have to keep it quiet and only meet up well away from either's "home turf". 

19 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

One of the issues in Oldham is they say it to people who aren't from the same ward! 
So by virtue of being born over 100 miles away I am deemed foreign.

18 minutes ago, MrPin said:

Gurt Clodney is still at war with Felching Barton round here.

We meet at Beltane party festival, to trebuchet large musical intsruments at each other

We call people from Scarborough Algerinos. O.o

http://www.seabritain.co.uk/scarborough-town-north-yorkshire