• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

Woefully penetrated

Recommended Posts

I wrote to her a few times to complain about the shite service. Nice to put a name and face together.

No idea why they are laying fibre for 50k homes. Nobody wants Talktalk, they only use it because they're sick of BT's inflated pricing.

" Broadband needs to be treated as a fourth ‘utility’ with sufficient capacity to allow data to flow at the volume, speed and reliability required to meet the demands of modern life. "

Go for it, and let's have the protections in place for when utilities don't work and you have to pay compensation. I await my cheque from Talktalk for the last month of hell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

I wrote to her a few times to complain about the shite service. Nice to put a name and face together.

No idea why they are laying fibre for 50k homes. Nobody wants Talktalk, they only use it because they're sick of BT's inflated pricing.

" Broadband needs to be treated as a fourth ‘utility’ with sufficient capacity to allow data to flow at the volume, speed and reliability required to meet the demands of modern life. "

Go for it, and let's have the protections in place for when utilities don't work and you have to pay compensation. I await my cheque from Talktalk for the last month of hell.

I went for Talk talk a few years ago because you could pay the line rental up front, meaning unlimited broadband was available for £12pm. But, you pay peanuts and you get monkeys. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, spunko2010 said:

I wrote to her a few times to complain about the shite service. Nice to put a name and face together.

No idea why they are laying fibre for 50k homes. Nobody wants Talktalk, they only use it because they're sick of BT's inflated pricing.

" Broadband needs to be treated as a fourth ‘utility’ with sufficient capacity to allow data to flow at the volume, speed and reliability required to meet the demands of modern life. "

Go for it, and let's have the protections in place for when utilities don't work and you have to pay compensation. I await my cheque from Talktalk for the last month of hell.

Going by the initial article, im surprised she did not say lay a thick brown cable...

I looked upher cv. She did sknething in marketing starting 2000 at carphone warehouse. Shed have been late 20s. No info before that.

Talktalk are beyong dire. They are well into criminally incompetent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought most of the cost of broadband was to cover the compliance costs of tracking everyone's internet usage and storing 10s of years of everybody's data?

Pre-legislation it wasn't uncommon for ISPs to offer a free service,  though admittedly there is a lot more infrastructure cost involved now that speed requirements are so much higher.

I guess my point is,  if you are unhappy with the cost, just like with petrol and energy bills..  it is probably the government to blame,  not the service providers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Libspero said:

I thought most of the cost of broadband was to cover the compliance costs of tracking everyone's internet usage and storing 10s of years of everybody's data?

Pre-legislation it wasn't uncommon for ISPs to offer a free service,  though admittedly there is a lot more infrastructure cost involved now that speed requirements are so much higher.

I guess my point is,  if you are unhappy with the cost, just like with petrol and energy bills..  it is probably the government to blame,  not the service providers.

No. Its to pay for BTs under funded  gold plated civil service pensions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Talk Talk really are fucking shite.

tbf I've got BT 'fibre optic' (well it technically is fibre optic to the cabinet .. then the shitty copper cable infrastructure from the cabinet to my door) and the service / speed / reliability has been really, really good. I waited until was coming out of a deal and went to BT on a cheaper deal, see how it goes in a years time.

I'm in a large conurbation though, so the so-called service out in the sticks is most likely to be utter shite.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We just moved house and having been with virgin for 15 years (not available in new place) I naively signed up with Talktalk. Connection day came and went and surprise surprise no fucking broadband. Whilst googling for a support number I discovered the thousands of unhappy customers and so decided to cancel. 2 hours with support passing me round their departments. It wasn't until I lost my rag told them where to put the £150 termination fee, I was still in cooling off period, and threatened them with court that they agreed to cancel. I still received a bill for £22 for 1 months service but can't be arsed not paying it and getting late payment charges and bad credit rating. Took 30 minutes to join Sky and hopefully will be connected on Friday! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To those who despise BT and Talktalk (for whatever reason) you can avoid both completely by using Virgin via cable. I had that when I was renting and the service was good both for support and connection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some good deals out there for mobile bb if your home can run on wifi alone.

Im on 3. 4g signal is about 41 mbps download and  27 upload.

30gb a month, all texts and airtime i need.

£15.

I have landline bb too 

2 minutes ago, Libspero said:

To those who despise BT and Talktalk (for whatever reason) you can avoid both completely by using Virgin via cable. I had that when I was renting and the service was good both for support and connection.

Also, if you live in a cable area, there are still some good "alternative" means of getting pay tv for a song.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, shindigger said:

Some good deals out there for mobile bb if your home can run on wifi alone.

Im on 3. 4g signal is about 41 mbps download and  27 upload.

30gb a month, all texts and airtime i need.

£15.

I have landline bb too 

Also, if you live in a cable area, there are still some good "alternative" means of getting pay tv for a song.

Rarely bother using my fixed line fiber any more here. The 4.5G across Cambodia on the Smart network means I am getting 100+ down at virtually all times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Edit to add that cost is $1/week. There some max useage limit, but I have never hit it. 

Many large downloads I usually to remember to connect to the Fiber, which costs a further $6/month from Digi, buts its woefully slow on that package.

Sounds like we have technology far in advance of your own!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably said it before, I've got TalkTalk. Never had an issue with it, always worked fine. 

Not doubting they are a bunch of cunts, but I've been on pretty much all the large networks over the years, BT, Virgin, NTL, Sky, all fine, it only ever becomes an issue when it goes tits up and then all of them to a man are a nightmare (the worst in my experience were BT, followed by Virgin). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had terrible experiences with BT and TalkTalk a few years ago so would never though them again. We are with Virgin now, fast and reliable, (relatively) decent customer service too. I was really quite impressed when our internet stopped working that they sent a man round, he found our box (router) was broken so gave us a new one. it was almost certainly broken by us too, oh, and they sent us a new box last week, faster or better in some way I think. Only thing is the cost, it started cheap but is at £40 a month now, I really must phone them and moan...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.