• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Kurt Barlow

Arsehole Neighbours and Landlords

Just had my Landlord on the phone to tell me that the management committee of the flats have concerns about noise from children- apparently its terrible all the time.

I advised him that we leave the house by 7.30am and am not back until 6.00pm Mon - Fri. Maybe for 2-2.5 hours Jnr plays and is a bit noisy. While we try to keep it to a minimum its not easy with a 2 year old. He then goes to bed and occasionally wakes in the night.

At weekends we are out quite a lot and sometimes away

The LL then moves onto the issue of my Inlaws (from Oz) taying for 6 weeks and the 'extra' wear and tear. I asked where in the tenancy it states a time limit on guests and in any case please define the extra wear and tear?

He then starts banging on about restrictive convenants and all that.........

We are moving at Xmas but not giving him any advanced warning.

I'II lend you some depleted uranium, hide it in the cushion of his favourite chair and the problem will probably solve itself in about 9-12 months.

(I mean your LL, not your toddler, in case it's unclear)

Oddly I have a sort of thing where I think I ought not to stereotype all Landlords as bell ends, as if they're some sort of ethnic minority. I have no idea why as they're not an oppressed minority and they usually do al turn out to be bell ends.

10 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Can you not sub-let it to a bunch of Somali hot-bedders to really get the neighbours and the landlord a reality check.

Shame its not a house as this time of year you could have buried a present for him in the spring.

jk-flowers.jpg

Like it.

Might stick a load in the communal gardens - that will make a nice charge on the freehold.

54 minutes ago, Kurt Barlow said:

Just had my Landlord on the phone to tell me that the management committee of the flats have concerns about noise from children- apparently its terrible all the time.

I advised him that we leave the house by 7.30am and am not back until 6.00pm Mon - Fri. Maybe for 2-2.5 hours Jnr plays and is a bit noisy. While we try to keep it to a minimum its not easy with a 2 year old. He then goes to bed and occasionally wakes in the night.

The LL then moves onto the issue of my Inlaws (from Oz) taying for 6 weeks and the 'extra' wear and tear. I asked where in the tenancy it states a time limit on guests and in any case please define the extra wear and tear?

So you rent a flat but the LL has a say on the limit of occupants? Assuming it isn't a breach of fire regulations within the flat, tell him to go fuck himself. Why does he even know anyway?

LLs need to know their place, jumped up twats.

Just now, Northern Welsh Midlander said:

So you rent a flat but the LL has a say on the limit of occupants? Assuming it isn't a breach of fire regulations within the flat, tell him to go fuck himself. Why does he even know anyway?

LLs need to know their place, jumped up twats.

I did. Infact I pointed out that the I specifically discussed the issue of my inlaws coming to stay for 4-6 weeks with the letting agent and he said that was fine (the LL now directly manages)

1 minute ago, TheBlueCat said:

I’ve rented for several periods in the UK and every single landlord I had was a cunt. There’s something about the whole BTL thing that attracts them like flies to shit.

Same in Australia when we were there.

We are renting for one more year then buying irrespective of prices.

1 minute ago, Kurt Barlow said:

Same in Australia when we were there.

We are renting for one more year then buying irrespective of prices.

Honestly, it’s worth any price to escape the clutches of those vermin. Banks maybe awful too but will completely leave you along as long as you make your mortgage payments on time.

5 minutes ago, ccc said:

I'm sure the Landlord is a cunt. However specifically on the noise aspect - I can totally understand how one of your neighbours may have gone to them after being driven crazy having to listen to a child for a couple of hours each day being noisy. 

Hell is other people. It works both ways.

:D

I can hear them opening and closing doors (below me) and the people above I can hear their two kids running around on and off.

Cuts both ways.

7 minutes ago, ccc said:

I'm sure the Landlord is a cunt. However specifically on the noise aspect - I can totally understand how one of your neighbours may have gone to them after being driven crazy having to listen to a child for a couple of hours each day being noisy. 

Hell is other people. It works both ways.

:D

Satre. One of my favourite philosophers. :)

5 minutes ago, Kurt Barlow said:

I can hear them opening and closing doors (below me) and the people above I can hear their two kids running around on and off.

Cuts both ways.

Aye it does. Flats are just shite unless they're really well soundproofed.

3 minutes ago, One percent said:

Satre. One of my favourite philosophers. :)

He now runs a bus company in Yeovil.

Well he used to.

2 hours ago, Kurt Barlow said:

Welcome to life as a UK tenant, the bottom of the barrel. 

Elaborate please

1 hour ago, Chewing Grass said:

Can you not sub-let it to a bunch of Somali hot-bedders to really get the neighbours and the landlord a reality check.

Shame its not a house as this time of year you could have buried a present for him in the spring.

jk-flowers.jpg

50 minutes ago, One percent said:

Don't forget to leave the prawns in the curtain poles and under the floorboards. 

20 minutes ago, Green Devil said:

I doubt you can get that in home base though?

I've not tried. But I'd expect not.

The general point being though that, seeing as Kurt's landlord is being... unreasonable, Chewing Grass's, equally... unreasonable, suggestion of introducing said weed, would somehow create equality.

The desire/ability to attain of the weed would then probably seem to be related to the scale of 'arsehole-ness' that the landlord chose to employ?

How readily available the plant is, isn't the issue!

2 hours ago, One percent said:

Don't forget to leave the prawns in the curtain poles and under the floorboards. 

Unscrew light switch, bag of sugar in cavity followed by a tub of reptile food cockroaches.

Apparently.