DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

Interest rate rise at noon

spunko

2 minutes ago, twocents said:

The BoE/Carney says it'll be the last increase for some time but they're hardly able to predict UK inflation from one month to the next.

Carney just says what is required to crash the pound.

3 minutes ago, Green Devil said:

Carney just says what is required to crash the pound.

Yes.  The other thing that might influence rates is if there's a general election soon and Corbyn takes over and he's going to borrow massively.  Even more massively although who knows how much borrowing the tories really have planned - maybe just as much as Corbyn

Fully Detached

Non event really, isn't it? Surely Carney's just giving himself some room to cut again when the next recession comes along.

Still, I'd like to congratulate the fucking cock on finally losing his rate raise cherry. I bet his butt stings from it all the same.

The rate rise seems to have done some good. My weekly search of Shropshire and Notts is showing quite a few new houses and reductions over the weekend. Another rate rise please MPC and make it a big one you bastards!

On 06/11/2017 at 20:14, Oskar said:

The rate rise seems to have done some good. My weekly search of Shropshire and Notts is showing quite a few new houses and reductions over the weekend. Another rate rise please MPC and make it a big one you bastards!

I'd also like to see it but really can't.

I was however very interested in a discussion on my local radio yesterday lunchtime where the talk show host and their economics expert were both sagely agreeing that the political policy of ever increasing house prices to make people feel richer and win votes couldn't continue and that this was now "widely accepted" because people were seeing that with even starter houses trading at 10x average salaries in some areas that their children had no chance of buying a house without parental help.

I was shocked as they were both entirely agreeing; none of the usual ramping.  It sounded like a real sea change has happened in wider opinion and I really wouldn't be surprised to see a political party come out with a policy of "measured decline" in house prices for the benefit of young people.

It's taken an age but it has got there.

On 11/6/2017 at 20:14, Oskar said:

I've been looking to remortgage, all of the prices quoted before the rise are still being advertised, but once you read the small print they're going to put them up next month in most cases. No idea how that can be legal, but hey ho.

6 hours ago, spunko2010 said:

I've been looking to remortgage, all of the prices quoted before the rise are still being advertised, but once you read the small print they're going to put them up next month in most cases. No idea how that can be legal, but hey ho.

be quick then and get the rate locked in. A lot of providers seem to allow you to arrange a new deal a month or two early if you stay with them. At least they did 3 years ago when we got our new (and hopefully last) deal.

• 1 month later...
TheCountOfNowhere
On 02/11/2017 at 12:30, Green Devil said:

Unwound to emergency level.

I noticed TOS has crashed.

I expect the count is going crazy typing away about Rate rises....

Righto back to important things, did anyone notice Bitcoin hit 7350 USD :)

I am watching BTW.

I predicted that rate rise months ago.  I predict a whole lot of pain for the over levered next year.

No one wants to listen, the trolls are bricking it and still they attack.

I'm just sitting back now and watching it all happen.

The arguments have all been done to death but we are at a water shed moment.

Bit coin has double since your post....£100K of bit coin in 210 would make you the richest man who ever lived....but it's not a bubble.

P.S. I'll be back next year so no taking the piss. Brilliant I can say "piss".

20 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

I am watching BTW.

I predicted that rate rise months ago.  I predict a whole lot of pain for the over levered next year.

No one wants to listen, the trolls are bricking it and still they attack.

I'm just sitting back now and watching it all happen.

The arguments have all been done to death but we are at a water shed moment.

Bit coin has double since your post....£100K of bit coin in 210 would make you the richest man who ever lived....but it's not a bubble.

P.S. I'll be back next year so no taking the piss. Brilliant I can say "piss".

On the surface nothing has changed, but this chart from Zerohedge stood out, it has taken a long time to bottom out but if the trend in rates continues on its current trajectory then there are bubbles all over the place ready to prick. Everyone still thinks the central banks will come back in and buy everything still and all will be right in the world and that inflation (well at least by the fiddled figures) won't come back. 

rates_divies2%20(1).png

Archived