• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Fossildog

Northallerton Terror Alert

Bizarre story in my local rag concerning two 14 year olds who have been arrested and charged with terrorism offences and conspiracy to commit murder. This is very strange as Northallerton is a very sleepy town. Will be interesting to see what details emerge from this, I would imagine there will be reporting restrictions in place due to the age of the people in question

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/15634429.Northallerton_Terror_Alert__Schoolboys_charged_with_conspiracy_to_murder/

Yes, it's unlikely we will ever know what it's all about.

Mind, I can actually feel quite cheerful about life in Darlington until I get sucked into looking at the Northern Echo. Still, at least you get the occasional good news story.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/15634259._He_has_enriched_our_lives__say_Darlington_couple_who_took_in_young_Syrian_fleeing_warzone/?ref=mr&lp=7

15 minutes ago, eight said:

Mind, I can actually feel quite cheerful about life in Darlington until I get sucked into looking at the Northern Echo. Still, at least you get the occasional good news story.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/15634259._He_has_enriched_our_lives__say_Darlington_couple_who_took_in_young_Syrian_fleeing_warzone/?ref=mr&lp=7

ha the comments on that article could be cut and pasted from DOSBODS! This couple seem to be the founders of DAR, a group dedicated to welcoming refugees. They strike me a a little naive, although maybe I am being a little disingenuous.

Edited by Fossildog

14 minutes ago, eight said:

Cowardly draft dodger; he should be in prison:

The evening before he fled the country, the student was facing the threat of forced enlistment into President Bashar al-Assad’s army, where: “I would be killed or have to kill others.”

16 minutes ago, eight said:

A Darlo couple who's lived have been enriched by  Syrian refugee?

Have they got him working in their travelling farm building robbing gang then?

1 minute ago, spygirl said:

A Darlo couple who's lived have been enriched by  Syrian refugee?

Have they got him working in their travelling farm building robbing gang then?

They love the hummous

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-34164828/migrant-crisis-british-couple-offer-home-to-family

Here they are. doing he signalling in 2015

Shes a special needs teacher.

Pair of them are Quakers.

'Martin is a self-employed consultant based in the North of England with 20 years of research experience in community development, housing, social care and health. He is an associate of the Priority Estate Project and a consultant social scientist with NEQOS (The North East Quality Observatory System). Martin has extensive experience of combining research approaches including data analysis in SPSS alongside highly interactive qualitative research techniques. He has developed and managed his own consultancy for over ten years and was previously Assistant Director of the Northern Consortium of Housing Authorities. '

Social housing. So they are embarking on a make work for themselves scheme.

14 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Social housing. So they are embarking on a make work for themselves scheme.

Exactly. As are many, many others.

Edited by onlyme

1 minute ago, One percent said:

I wonder how many years it took for him to go from 18 to 25?

I think they way it works with them is, 0-15 years at normal pace but then it slows down for the next 10-20 years, its something to with the will of Allah or something.

Just now, MrPin said:

Christ almigthy. You could blow the whole place up and still do only three quids worth of damage.

It is very much upmarket compared to Darlington. Has a Bettys tearoom and Barkers dept store and everything

Just now, Fossildog said:

It is very much upmarket compared to Darlington. Has a Bettys tearoom and Barkers dept store and everything

Can you but a posh cup of coffee, and then throw away the everlasting cup, to annoy the neighbours? That's posh.

Back to topic, what are your guesses on this?

1) Two British Muslim kids caught singing up on the interweb?

2) Two immigrant kids, placed in foster care, planning an attack.

3) Two non muslims kids messing around and getting caught up.

Id guess 2).

Norhallerton, bar curry house, hardly a Muslim hotspot.

3 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

Cowardly draft dodger; he should be in prison:

He moved home repeatedly..

(According to the story that was because his home was bombed)

If so how could he be enlisted.  He'd rather run to the countries bombing his own country?  It must add up I suppose.

At least he didn't seem to be claiming to be a political leader like one "refugee" on another thread - after misleading his landlady in a story written by the landlady.

At any rate how could he put up living with people so hideously white. 

Edited by twocents

3 hours ago, Fossildog said:

ha the comments on that article could be cut and pasted from DOSBODS! This couple seem to be the founders of DAR, a group dedicated to welcoming refugees. They strike me a a little naive, although maybe I am being a little disingenuous.

The comments bit is already closed now.  Although you can still find 22 comments using the side link.

Edited by twocents

19 minutes ago, twocents said:

The comments bit is already closed now.  Although you can still find 22 comments using the side link.

ha I'm not surprised, the comments on there get a bit lively, especially when the council gets a mention.

11 hours ago, spygirl said:

Back to topic, what are your guesses on this?

1) Two British Muslim kids caught singing up on the interweb?

2) Two immigrant kids, placed in foster care, planning an attack.

3) Two non muslims kids messing around and getting caught up.

Id guess 2).

Norhallerton, bar curry house, hardly a Muslim hotspot.

My guess is two native Brit kids with a half baked plan to blow up a school and nothing more. At my school, not that far away, two kids modified an ornamental cannon for similar purposes and loosed a couple of shots at the sports hall for a similar purpose and got suspended for a week. Times have changed!

28 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

My guess is two native Brit kids with a half baked plan to blow up a school and nothing more. At my school, not that far away, two kids modified an ornamental cannon for similar purposes and loosed a couple of shots at the sports hall for a similar purpose and got suspended for a week. Times have changed!

I went to school with a couple of lads who spent their days planning how to make a pipe bomb to blow up our music teacher, they really didn't like music lessons. Guess they'd be on a list nowadays even they are hideously white.

6 hours ago, TheBlueCat said:

Farm kids, shotguns, fertiliser, barn to make stuff.

Anti terrorist police seems OTT.

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/trial-date-set-for-northallerton-schoolboys-accused-of-plot-to-murder-teachers-and-children-1-8891578

'They spoke only to confirm their names, dates of birth and to confirm their identities as British.'

Ive not heard of this. Is the reporter mangling the process?

Or was there some need to state their nationality?

Ive never heard of anyone having to make that clear esp  when their name was Wayne Cleckthaite or something.