• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
longtomsilver

Hard Thieving Eastern Europeans

3 minutes ago, longtomsilver said:

I’ve got an annoying liberal sister and her arrogant French architect husband and they both like to rub under our noses their apparent success and faux upper middle class status. Diversity is their strength at least when it comes to employing cheap labour to carry out grandiose projects and put a floor on indigenous builders wagers. 

Well blow me they’ve well and truly got themselves bitten. They used an agency to supply cheap Romanian labourers to creat a new annex in their London pad and to avoid the chaos they took off to their holiday home in France. 

Top tip: if your leaving your property in the hands of unknown entities and give them the code to the alarm make sure it’s not the same code for the safe.

They’ve lost £20,000 cash (I gather some of that was readied to filter into the black economy, save tax init) and family heirlooms that really I shouldn’t want to put a price on.

Insurance is null and void as no sign of break in. As the builders bring there are circumstantial they are sitting on a loss that must be greater than the money they thought they’d save by avoiding the services of horrible middle aged indigineous white males (a quote made by my sister in the past but taken out of context for poetic licence). 

A modern day morality tale, sort of enforced charity to help the poor downtrodden masses in the poorer parts of the EU 

2 minutes ago, longtomsilver said:

I’ve got an annoying liberal sister and her arrogant French architect husband and they both like to rub under our noses their apparent success and faux upper middle class status. Diversity is their strength at least when it comes to employing cheap labour to carry out grandiose projects and put a floor on indigenous builders wagers. 

Well blow me they’ve well and truly got themselves bitten. They used an agency to supply cheap Romanian labourers to creat a new annex in their London pad and to avoid the chaos they took off to their holiday home in France. 

Top tip: if your leaving your property in the hands of unknown entities and give them the code to the alarm make sure it’s not the same code for the safe.

They’ve lost £20,000 cash (I gather some of that was readied to filter into the black economy, save tax init) and family heirlooms that really I shouldn’t want to put a price on.

Insurance is null and void as no sign of break in. As the builders bring there are circumstantial they are sitting on a loss that must be greater than the money they thought they’d save by avoiding the services of horrible middle aged indigineous white males (a quote made by my sister in the past but taken out of context for poetic licence). 

xD

Now that's something I always like to see, takedown of an arrogant Frenchie. 

13 minutes ago, longtomsilver said:

so far.

You're assuming theyve not took stuff theyve not found out about.

Or, there will be no ongoing crime.

My cousin is a barrister in that London. His wife is a Serbian "property developer". You can imagine the horror and hypocrisy. I wonder how he'd feel about a bunch of EE legalistas sleeping on his office floor in order to undercut him and his "lifestyle".

3 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

I had a safe once all i ever kept in it was a dark blue Tupperware container containing one of my turds ,i use to dream of the day some burglar fought for hours to open the safe to marvel at their swag ....it never come to fruition 

Rule number one don`t keep your valuables in your safe it`s the first thing they will nick  

What if you were in when the burglar struck, and he made you open it at knifepoint! :Sick1:

3 minutes ago, OurDayWillCome said:

I would keep telling them how wonderful, hardworking and trustworthy our Eastern European workforce are 😁

Indeed. Surely they must be racist bigots for jumping to conclusions like that. 

I recently employed a couple of Eastern Europeans to decorate the flat, would have used local people but none could be bothered to reply to emails or ring me back. 

Anyway, girlfriend was worried about leaving them the keys but in all honesty we have nothing worth nicking in there. 

As it happens it was all fine and they did a decent enough job for the price, I was actually a little disappointed they didn't nick the TV and Xbox as I'd have like to upgrade both to 4K.

2 minutes ago, gilf said:

I was actually a little disappointed they didn't nick the TV and Xbox as I'd have like to upgrade both to 4K.

You could be onto something!

Want the latest gadgets but your other half isn't having it, give us a call on:

0800 s-t-o-l-e-n 2 u-p-g-r-a-d-e

1 hour ago, longtomsilver said:

Diversity is their strength at least when it comes to employing cheap labour to carry out grandiose projects and put a floor on indigenous builders wagers. 

Jesus Christ. :o Was the annex completed?

My flat consists of worthless crap. Even I would be a bit wary of letting someone in to do work when I wasn't there and my CDs went missing.

37 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

I'd love to act all concerned and just keep asking them about it: "they took how much"?, "how long was it in your family?"

If they really are dickheads, in the coming of weeks say to them "I spoke to someone that had something similar happen to them, seemingly they had put excrement in the shampoo bottles and ketchup, did you check?"

It is not uncommon for burglars to take a dump, not in the toilet I might add.

Relative is ex copper and did stint in probation service, refused to have any burglars on his groups.

Crime rates are on the rise, get your security sorted out if it isn't, even if only as a deterrent to shift the problem elsewhere.

14 minutes ago, onlyme said:

It is not uncommon for burglars to take a dump, not in the toilet I might add.

Relative is ex copper and did stint in probation service, refused to have any burglars on his groups.

Crime rates are on the rise, get your security sorted out if it isn't, even if only as a deterrent to shift the problem elsewhere.

I've got fuck all to steal.