• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Alonso Quijano

Depeche Mode

Heads up an evening of Depeche Mode starting shortly on #BBC4.

One of my favourite bands Some great tunes over many years. Loved the early 80s stuff like See You, Blasphemous Rumours, Shake The Disease...

One of my favourite bands.

Loved the late 80s stuff (Black Celebration, Music for the Masses). Went off them when they changed their sound for Violator - I guess I just wanted to hear more of the same. Came back 10 years later and realised that actually Violator - and the next couple of albums - were their best work.

As an anecdotal, I've been unable to listen to their latest album (Delta Machine) to the end. Complete and utter dross IMO.

On 10/04/2017 at 20:26, blobloblob said:

Violator is an all-time classic album. Early stuff was a bit teenypop.

I liked the teenypop stuff. Infectiously poppy.

Funny how a song or songs can capture moments in your life - See You and Shake The Disease will forever take me back to love lost.