• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
wherebee

The media and Naming/No Naming

Recommended Posts

Here is a good example to use to pose a question I have:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/nov/04/man-charged-with-attempted-of-seven-year-old-girl

You'll notice that the man has been charged only.  He is named - fully - and his age given.

Yet in lots of cases where minority offenders are arrested and charged for murder, rape, etc,, no name is given in the media until much later in the court process, if at all.  My personal view is that this is due to anti-white racism in the MSM, seeking to conceal non-white offender names - but I could be wrong.  Anyone who knows the UK law care to comment?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, This Time said:

The media aren't allowed to name offenders who are minors.

Thanks, TT.  I didn't know that.

But...I see cases where the offenders are adults and still no naming goes on.  Other reasons?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, wherebee said:

Thanks, TT.  I didn't know that.

But...I see cases where the offenders are adults and still no naming goes on.  Other reasons?

To be fair to editors on the MSM, it's hard to spell/pronounce those mumbo jumbo names!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, wherebee said:

Thanks, TT.  I didn't know that.

But...I see cases where the offenders are adults and still no naming goes on.  Other reasons?

You're also not allowed to name the victim. I read a few different versions of this story and some of them said that they weren't naming the suspect because that would identify the victim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Napoleon Dynamite said:

Another strange (and possibly related) one here:

http://www.wilmslow.co.uk/news/article/16593/cctv-appeal-following-theft-of-curtains-from-handforth-dean-store

3 girls shoplifted and got caught on CCTV.  The images available are tiny and you have to fill in a form (on the police website) to view larger ones.

Why?

They must be under-age and you may be a pervert.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

They must be under-age and you may be a pervert.

Ah ok. That'd explain it.

Although I'd have to cover a lot more of internet before I'd have to resort to pictures of those three to satisfy my perversions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/4/2017 at 13:46, wherebee said:

Here is a good example to use to pose a question I have:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/nov/04/man-charged-with-attempted-of-seven-year-old-girl

You'll notice that the man has been charged only.  He is named - fully - and his age given.

Yet in lots of cases where minority offenders are arrested and charged for murder, rape, etc,, no name is given in the media until much later in the court process, if at all.  My personal view is that this is due to anti-white racism in the MSM, seeking to conceal non-white offender names - but I could be wrong.  Anyone who knows the UK law care to comment?

As others have said it is often to do with the age of the accused, if they are under 18 (or possibly 16 - can't recall) then they must not be named until they are of age. However the media organisation can choose to withhold the names of adults if they so wish, you see this quite a lot in my local newspaper as they don't name "asylum seekers" involved in the recent crime wave in Kent, even though they are older than 18. The reason for doing so is dubious, I suspect because they don't want to be labelled as "rayciss".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These stories leaking out - how can they go to court if the story has been half told to the media?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-41885898/my-rape-claims-were-ignored-by-commons
"She was raped multiple times and when he left the next morning..."

She went to the police and reported it to the clerk of the house of commons. It was someone who worked for an MP. 

What did the police do? 
 

Edited by sarahbell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, sarahbell said:

These stories leaking out - how can they go to court if the story has been half told to the media?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-41885898/my-rape-claims-were-ignored-by-commons
"She was raped multiple times and when he left the next morning..."

She went to the police and reported it to the clerk of the house of commons. It was someone who worked for an MP. 

What did the police do? 
 

Yeah. What did they do?

The story does not add up. Crime number? Investigating officer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Northern Echo is terrible for not naming sex attacks by black brown men.

They see it as a duty to hide the names.

Fortunately they are tardy on turning the comments ofg, so the jungle drums write it up.

There is an ethnic migrant sex crime wave in mboro and darlo at the mo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Northern Echo is terrible for not naming sex attacks by black brown men.

They see it as a duty to hide the names.

Fortunately they are tardy on turning the comments ofg, so the jungle drums write it up.

There is an ethnic migrant sex crime wave in mboro and darlo at the mo.

Turning Swedish 

Middlesborough twinned with Malmo 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Similar Content

    • By Dipsy
      https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2018/aug/01/restaurant-boycott-called-out-cultural-appropriation
      Should I stop cooking my own curries - mine are probably more authentic than the crap served up in most curry houses - but I don't want to offend anyone? Do these people have nothing else to worry about?
    • By Fischer
      Surprised no thread on this (can't see one).
      WARNING. Webpage below contains picture of Diane Abott.
      https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-44995171
      Who's going to decide what a troll is.
      Very dangerous.
      People who have not been convicted of any offence could be barred from office (eg Watson, Arkaad)
    • By Melchett
      Another thread crosser. I honestly couldn’t decide which of the obvious threads to stick it in - maybe people with more time on their hands can cross post? 
      Anyway, if you care about your health and make sure you aren’t a bloated sack of lard you are apparently benefiting from thin privilege.
      The self delusion levels here are enormous. Let’s flip it. So, do people going into most places to eat (where you are never really sure if you are getting healthy food even if it looks like it might be) benefitting from fat privilege? 
      The gulf between reality and what these morons want to be reality is getting so great you’d need a vessel capable of faster than light travel to cross it.
      https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/article/d5f083b6-d043-471a-94d0-9c3c5af97689
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.