• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

The appropriation of white culture and identity

Just what we were posting about last week on the Americanisation thread!

Your post reminded me about dooking for apples at the girl guides. There were also apples hanging on strings and you had to try and bite them. Captain Cavey’s post on the other thread reminded me about being given monkey nuts when out guising. It shows how easy we forget things and how they used to be done!

Anyway all the Halloween stuff has been cleared on to sale racks for a few weeks now and it’s full steam ahead stacking shelves with tat for silly season (Xmas).

I wonder if the American Thanksgiving celebration will be targeted and brought to the uk next to try and fill the retailers coffers?

Edited by Economic Exile

8 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

Your post reminded me about dooking for apples at the girl guides. There were also apples hanging on strings and you had to try and bite them. Captain Cavey’s post on the other thread reminded me about being given monkey nuts when out guising. It shows how easy we forget things and how they used to be done!

Anyway all the Halloween stuff has been cleared on to sale racks for a few weeks now and it’s full steam ahead stacking shelves with tat for silly season (Xmas).

I wonder if the American Thanksgiving celebration will be targeted and brought to the uk next to try and fill the retailers coffers?

God, I hope not. 

Seeing this on face ache reminded me of our discussion on here. It seems we are not the only ones sad at the demise of our culture 

5 minutes ago, One percent said:

God, I hope not. 

Seeing this on face ache reminded me of our discussion on here. It seems we are not the only ones sad at the demise of our culture 

At least there’s hope that we’re not just a few people on a forum who think about stuff! 

An excellent forum IMO. It’s the only forum I’m a member of. Very interesting posting and info!

19 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

Ha, what have we got to be thankful for!

1 minute ago, Economic Exile said:

Hopefully TPTB have evaluated that trying to promote thanksgiving celebrations in the uk is a loser 

Yes, I don't want to have to eat turkey more than once year.

2 hours ago, Economic Exile said:

We already have it. It's called Black Friday. 

15 minutes ago, twocents said:

Penny for the Guy seems to have been pretty much phased out as well.

I do think this is a sad thing, but it is nice to not be harassed by the local little shits when going to the shop.

It's probably gone down hill since there seems to be more local little shits to be honest. Symptom of wider society?

6 minutes ago, Reebo said:

I do think this is a sad thing, but it is nice to not be harassed by the local little shits when going to the shop.

It's probably gone down hill since there seems to be more local little shits to be honest. Symptom of wider society?

Yes there seems to be more of them and even more obnoxious than before.  In that connection it's one fewer opportunity for them to practice their unpleasantness. 

Edited by twocents