• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Frank Hovis

Saudi Arabia intercepts ballistic missile northeast of Riyadh - reports

Yay - I beat TMT to it!

https://www.rt.com/news/408804-saudi-intercept-missile-riyadh/

Nothing bar the title yet but is this the Yemen proxy conflict between Iran and Saudi losing the proxy?

Edit:

Unconfirmed reports have emerged suggesting that a ballistic missile launched from Yemen was intercepted near Saudi Arabia’s capital, Riyadh. There have also been reports of a loud explosion heard at the capital’s airport.

Edited by Frank Hovis

30 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Yay - I beat TMT to it!

Give me a break. Took me ages to light the blue touch paper. I need to lie down now.

This is siginificant because it means that Iran is now supplying bigger missiles to the Yemeni 'rebels'.

Of course, it could all be rubbish and made up by the Saudis who are desperate to get the US to have a pop at Iran, re-introduce the embargo on Iran and stop Iranian oil exports which, ahem, would push the price of oil up and enable Saudi to sell off their oil company before the oil runs out.... Gosh, that is a long sentence...

6 minutes ago, One percent said:

Oh good.  If they are wiped from the face of the earth, they will not be able to fund the mosques that promote terrist attacks on uk soil. 

Every cloud and all that 

Having been to KSA, i do not believe the people think like that.

1 minute ago, Virgil Caine said:

Riyadh is quite a distance from the Yemen border so it is a fair way for a missile to travel.

Supposedly it exploded near the airport so bloody good shot all things considered. My first thought is false flag.

What next - a missile lands in the diplomatic quarter killing lots of American and British families?

1 minute ago, One percent said:

Are they not funding the Sunni mosques in the uk?  Are not many of these mosques hotbeds of radicalisation?  Weren't those who carried out the attack on the twin towers Saudi?  Wasn't bin laden Saudi?  

Sorry pinny but I've no sympathy whatsoever. 

Obviously, I was not important enough to deal with the government, just ordinary people.

20 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Give me a break. Took me ages to light the blue touch paper. I need to lie down now.

This is siginificant because it means that Iran is now supplying bigger missiles to the Yemeni 'rebels'.

Of course, it could all be rubbish and made up by the Saudis who are desperate to get the US to have a pop at Iran, re-introduce the embargo on Iran and stop Iranian oil exports which, ahem, would push the price of oil up and enable Saudi to sell off their oil company before the oil runs out.... Gosh, that is a long sentence...

Oh look - Trump is supposedly pleading that the Saudis to IPO their oil company on the NYSE and not on the FTSE.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/nov/04/donald-trump-saudi-oil-company-new-york-stock-exchange

There's a dilemma for the Guardian - evil City of London or evil Trump?

26 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Oh look - TMT in VERY cynical mode - someone just happened to be standing outside of his car pointing his camera at some building and happens to captures the Saudi anti-missile missiles launching.

Well it`s bonfire night (well the fierwork displays are tonight)

5 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

Oh Pinny why are you so naïve to think that government policies ever reflect the desires and wishes of the people?

Pinny is a kind and genuine soul who does not see bad in people. It's a strength rather than a weakness. 

I sometimes wish I was less cynical. 

6 minutes ago, One percent said:

Pinny is a kind and genuine soul who does not see bad in people. It's a strength rather than a weakness. 

I sometimes wish I was less cynical. 

I know, people are not bad, but we all have the potential to commit evil and it becomes very evident when people are in a position to exert control.

Look at this for evidence https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment