• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

BBC + Rickets. Again

Recommended Posts

Shock!

Horror!!!!!

Kids still getting rickets!!!!!!!

Tory/Brexit/Trump cuts to the NHS.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-shropshire-41863446/telford-mother-s-baby-son-died-after-developing-rickets

Sad as it is for the kid, the problem here is that black and brown people struggle to get enough Vit D from the UK's weedy sunlight.

Thats the fucking story.

The reason why the number of ricket cases is rising - at a fare clip - is due to the ever increasing number of black/brown people living in the UK.

Me, personally, Id not live South of Barcelona/Milan - just too hot for me; too pale.

There's a strong case to be made for really black people people not living North of those lines.

Im not all NF/Enoch but white people are designed to live in the top bit of the world. Black people in the centre, Brown people somewhere between. It takes a good few generations to adapt to the different sunlight.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here we go, from Wikipedia. 

Cases have been reported in Britain in recent years[16] of rickets in children of many social backgrounds caused by insufficient production in the body of vitamin D because the sun's ultraviolet light was not reaching the skin due to use of strong sunblock, too much "covering up" in sunlight, or not getting out into the sun. Other cases have been reported among the children of Muslim mothers, who cover their entire body and face, leading to a maternal shortage of vitamin D;[17][18] and people with darker skins need more sunlight to maintain vitamin D levels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shame.  Though I don't see the usual BBC spin on this story; more a genuine bit of informing people as I had no idea that you could die from rickets.  I thought it just weakened your bones.
 

Quote

 

Telford mother's baby son died after developing rickets

A mother whose baby son died after developing rickets has expressed her shock at the diagnosis.

Beverley Thahane had taken her child Noah to the GP and hospital on numerous occasions because he was ill, but he was not diagnosed until just before his death in January 2017.

Rickets, which affects bone development and in some cases the heart and brain, was thought to be largely eradicated.

But a new two-year study has found at least 50 children a year are getting the disease.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Frank Hovis said:

Shame.  Though I don't see the usual BBC spin on this story; more a genuine bit of informing people as I had no idea that you could die from rickets.  I thought it just weakened your bones.
 

 

Yes + No.

It was informative. But they fail to come out with the main reason - non White living in northern climes.

They just skirt around the causes ratehr than coming out with the main factor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

 

Sad as it is for the kid, the problem here is that black and brown people struggle to get enough Vit D from the UK's weedy sunlight

 

Exactly right.

It's not natural for people with dark skin to live so far north, we're on a similar latitude to Moscow ffs.

Fucking BBC 9_9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JackieO said:

Exactly right.

It's not natural for people with dark skin to live so far north, we're on a similar latitude to Moscow ffs.

Fucking BBC 9_9

Um, whilst I agree that skin colour is related and suited to latitude that wasn't actually my post Jackie!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Um, whilst I agree that skin colour is related and suited to latitude that wasn't actually my post Jackie!

Uh oh I was supposed to be quoting spygirl. Sorry about that. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scientists think that the first wave of Humans who moved into Europe towards the end of one ice age actually died out because of their darker skins and the resulting lack of Vit D.

Skeletons have been found, IIRC alongside the banks of the Danube, which clearly showing degenerative signs associated with D deficiency.

The pelvises of the females had also narrowed at the birth canal - another D deficiency sign - which would have made it very difficult if not impossible to to give birth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Scientists think that the first wave of Humans who moved into Europe towards the end of one ice age actually died out because of their darker skins and the resulting lack of Vit D.

Skeletons have been found, IIRC alongside the banks of the Danube, which clearly showing degenerative signs associated with D deficiency.

The pelvises of the females had also narrowed at the birth canal - another D deficiency sign - which would have made it very difficult if not impossible to to give birth.

Physical anthropology is a Cinderella discipline and the evidence is mostly non-existent.

For all they know the Neanderthal genes may well be the dominant ones in Europe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Shock!

Horror!!!!!

Kids still getting rickets!!!!!!!

Tory/Brexit/Trump cuts to the NHS.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-shropshire-41863446/telford-mother-s-baby-son-died-after-developing-rickets

Sad as it is for the kid, the problem here is that black and brown people struggle to get enough Vit D from the UK's weedy sunlight.

Thats the fucking story.

The reason why the number of ricket cases is rising - at a fare clip - is due to the ever increasing number of black/brown people living in the UK.

Me, personally, Id not live South of Barcelona/Milan - just too hot for me; too pale.

There's a strong case to be made for really black people people not living North of those lines.

Im not all NF/Enoch but white people are designed to live in the top bit of the world. Black people in the centre, Brown people somewhere between. It takes a good few generations to adapt to the different sunlight.

I have to disagree; of course black/brown people can live Oop Norf. Just like humans can - potentially - live on the moon. They just need to be aware of the adaptations necessary in order to survive in this new environment.

On the moon, they need to ensure that they have a constant supply of oxygen.

In England, black people may need to pop a Vit D pill on a regular basis. Nothing remarkable about it.

The problem - if there is a problem - is PC nonsense "never say anything negative about non-whites". White people who go to Australia need to trowel on the sunfactor 5000 - the So-Called BBC will have no trouble highlighting this. But stating that black people living in Glasgow should pop Vit D pills? Can't say that, it's racist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Physical anthropology is a Cinderella discipline and the evidence is mostly non-existent.

For all they know the Neanderthal genes may well be the dominant ones in Europe.

 

Maybe so. That does not negate Homo Sapien skeletons clearly found with degenerative illnesses such as TB and greatly narrowed birth canals. It makes absolute sense that Homo Sapiens moving into Europe from sunnier climes at such a time would have suffered massive D deficiency.

This is not an argument about Neanderthals versus Homo Sapiens.

:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just put vitamin D in milk already.

Problem solved for those at risk, and the rest of us get a vitamin D kick that'll most likely do more good than harm.

It's so easy, that it's bordering on criminal that it's not being done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

 

Maybe so. That does not negate Homo Sapien skeletons clearly found with degenerative illnesses such as TB and greatly narrowed birth canals. It makes absolute sense that Homo Sapiens moving into Europe from sunnier climes at such a time would have suffered massive D deficiency.

This is not an argument about Neanderthals versus Homo Sapiens.

:)

Agreed!

I was seeing some elements of the "Out of Africa" theory of human evolution there and I can't resist stepping in to point out that it is just a theory and may have no more supporting it than differential preservation of the evidence.

There was a similar fallacy in earlier archaeology where it was believed that in the Neolithic and Bronze ages that people lived up on the hills because that's where their monuments / forts were with the theory that the valley bottoms were uninhabitable owing to dense woodland and boggy conditions.

As techniques progressed it was found to be nonsense and the only reason evidence hadn't been found in the valleys was because of silting and subsequent use of this best land.

I'm putting my inner pedant back in its box now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Scientists think that the first wave of Humans who moved into Europe towards the end of one ice age actually died out because of their darker skins and the resulting lack of Vit D.

Skeletons have been found, IIRC alongside the banks of the Danube, which clearly showing degenerative signs associated with D deficiency.

The pelvises of the females had also narrowed at the birth canal - another D deficiency sign - which would have made it very difficult if not impossible to to give birth.

Yep.

Lack of Vit D weakens bones which led to pelvis's cracking during child birth.

Again, the rise in rickets is caused by the rise of balck/brown people living in the UK.

The rise in in skin cancer in Oz is down to the the number of whites living there.

the So-Called BBC make a fuss about the 2nd one but dont mention the 1st one.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SpectrumFX said:

Just put vitamin D in milk already.

Problem solved for those at risk, and the rest of us get a vitamin D kick that'll most likely do more good than harm.

It's so easy, that it's bordering on criminal that it's not being done.

Well, again the lack of Vit D is along skin colour.

Stuff like lacing corn flakes with iron and folic acid are aimed at defiencies that affect all people.

Putting Vit D in milk would only be required for brown/black. The number of brown/blasck people in the UK has only been a recent 0- last 40-50 years thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Well, again the lack of Vit D is along skin colour.

Stuff like lacing corn flakes with iron and folic acid are aimed at defiencies that affect all people.

Putting Vit D in milk would only be required for brown/black. The number of brown/blasck people in the UK has only been a recent 0- last 40-50 years thing.

Most white people don't have enough vitamin D either - even the palest of the pale can't make it between October and April and we're all being told to cover ourselves in sunscreen the rest of the year. We're unlikely to reach the point of rickets but that doesn't mean we're not deficient.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

Agreed!

I was seeing some elements of the "Out of Africa" theory of human evolution there and I can't resist stepping in to point out that it is just a theory and may have no more supporting it than differential preservation of the evidence.

There was a similar fallacy in earlier archaeology where it was believed that in the Neolithic and Bronze ages that people lived up on the hills because that's where their monuments / forts were with the theory that the valley bottoms were uninhabitable owing to dense woodland and boggy conditions.

As techniques progressed it was found to be nonsense and the only reason evidence hadn't been found in the valleys was because of silting and subsequent use of this best land.

I'm putting my inner pedant back in its box now.

There does appear to be an underlying assumption that our ancestors were stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Well, again the lack of Vit D is along skin colour.

Stuff like lacing corn flakes with iron and folic acid are aimed at defiencies that affect all people.

Putting Vit D in milk would only be required for brown/black. The number of brown/blasck people in the UK has only been a recent 0- last 40-50 years thing.

Aren't half the people on here taking vitamin D in herculean quantities?

xD

Deficiencies have been linked to other health issues e.g. it may be a factor in triggering MS. So it's not just rickets.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, BLOOLOO said:

There does appear to be an underlying assumption that our ancestors were stupid.

Yep.

The worst example I've seen was some academic deciding to try to replicate some of the Inca block shaping; which he was obviously going to be great at because he was clever and had read lots of books about it.

Whereas the Inca craftsmen would have spent generations perfecting their skill and passing it to their descendants who then marginally improved it each generation.

The stone the academic was working on looked barely altered after a whole day on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, BLOOLOO said:

There does appear to be an underlying assumption that our ancestors were stupid.

The article below references the use of advanced memory techniques in illiterate populations. We don't know the half of it.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/aeon.co/amp/ideas/this-ancient-mnemonic-technique-builds-a-palace-of-memory

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, SpectrumFX said:

Aren't half the people on here taking vitamin D in herculean quantities?

xD

Deficiencies have been linked to other health issues e.g. it may be a factor in triggering MS. So it's not just rickets.

 

 

Im on vitd.

More to stop me feeling down from nov to march.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Similar Content

    • By Frank Hovis
      I know that we have similar BBC threads but this looks like something new - a whole generation waking up to the way that means testing is impoverishing people who have worked and enriching those who haven't.
      The over 75s have a vast latent power in this country owing to their voting numbers and their very vulnerability giving them near-immunity from heavy hamded policing and custodial sentences.
      If there becomes real traction to this protest - a mass refusal to pay - then the So-Called BBC will have no choice but to back down.  They are not going to drag hundreds of thousands of over 75s through the courts because they will become genuinely hated by the population and the government will have little choice but to strip the So-Called BBC of its official status.
       
      https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/overwhelming-85-senior-citizens-revolt-17263055
      As one said:
      https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/sweary-gran-says-wont-pay-17261133
       
      There was an example on the radio yesterday, though I don't have a link, of NHS Cornwall now means-testing transport for elderly wheelchair users going to non-urgent medical appointments.
      The means-testing comprises whether you are on pension credit; if you aren't then you are paying for your transport and that means £160 a pop.
      If you have worked for 35 years so you have a full state pension - coincidentally £160 per week - even if you have no other income or savings then you are paying that £160 yourself.  So no food or heating that week.
      However if you have not worked or only worked a few years - freebies all round.
      For anybody who hasn't read about pension credit on other threads - it brings you up to the state pension level if you have no other income.  So they have as much coming in as anybody whose only penson is the state one.  And then get all the freebies on top so will be a lot better off.
      Why work?
       
      Something is rotten in the state of Britain.
       
    • By Frank Hovis
      Anyone who watched Eggheads before 2016 will remember him.  I confess I could find him irritating but he brought something different to a programme that coudl be a bit staid.

       
      In 2016 he was accused of sexual assault, which the story records as being "false" rather than his merely being acquited.
      However on the basis of this false allegation he was sacked by the So-Called BBC from his main source and went bankrupt in 2018.
       
      He has AIDS for thirty years and now thinks that the stress of the legal cases, bankruptcy, and potnetially becoming homeless on top of the disease means he feels he hasn't long left. 
      Bankruptcy
      https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8538692/former-eggheads-star-cj-de-mooi-could-be-made-homeless-after-murder-extradition-battle-leaves-him-bankrupt/
      Today's story.
      https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/8910773/eggheads-cj-de-mooi-dying-aids-homeless/
       
      This is shocking treatment by your caring Auntie Beeb.  Potentially an employer would suspend you whilst the case was ongoing, for both their benefit and yours, but who fires you on the day you are exonerated? 
      They are an absolute shower of self-serving bastards so here is another reason to refuse to pay the licence fee.
       
      On a different issue I hadn't known that he was also very good at chess and also a proper actor.  This however caught my eye; I don't think even Sepp Blatter behaved like ths:
       
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CJ_de_Mooi
       
    • By Frank Hovis
      A good news story for a change.  Whilst of course cancelling doesn't necessarily equate to a permanent opt out, as is the case for the moe discerning DOSBODders like @JoeDavola, @Harley and, well modesty prevents, some of these will be that and that looks like the obvious reason for the upward trend - in a world of on-demand streaming who needs a licence?
      So how many don't pay the television tax?
      Well the figure quoted below is 25.8m licences.
      Per the ONS there were 27.2m housholds in the UK in 2017 https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/families/bulletins/familiesandhouseholds/2017
      The best estimate I can find for over 75 licence housholds, so currently free, is a fifth of licences.  But I'm not linking to it as it was in the guardian. Say 5.2m.
      So that adds up to:
      27.2m households 1.4m without a licence - 5% 5.2m with a free licence - 19% 20.6m with a paid for licence - 76% And they're losing them from that 76%; nobody with a free licence is likely to just give it up.
      It used to be that the ONS didn't even collect data on TV licence holding as so few didn't have them.
      The charming threatening letters I get from the TV licensing people used to quote the number of households with licences but have ceased to do that as the number is falling.
      5% withouta licence is significant and that figure is only going to go one way as the current crop of schoolkids rarerly watch TV.
      Hurrah!
       
       
      https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6660177/Netflix-effect-sees-nearly-MILLION-Britons-cancel-TV-licence-year.html
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.