• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Chewing Grass

Guilty pleasures - confess here

2 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Currently;  Fruit Pastilles - Fruit Infusions, whole bag till I feel sick.

fruit+pastille+infusions.jpg

Yes, nice. I would eat the whole bag too if I bought them.

I buy £1 worth of Lions licorice gums several times a month. 

When I'm really guilty i go to the Moffat toffee shop and buy a pounds worth each of licorice gums, midget gems, zoot/zeet? hard licorice and five basset licorice traffic light sticks. Eat them all within an hour.

Once I ordered large quantities of each of my favourites on the internet with the idea that I'd eke it all out. I didn't! Won't go into details but I never done that again 😁

I'm off to the Samye Ling Tibetan Monastry on Sunday for a chill out day.

Really I think the religious aspects of Buddhism are as bad as the rest. Although I do like Buddhist philosophy.

There, the hierarchy live in luxury while the monks live in dormitories and do all the work. Their choice....I'll forget all that and just enjoy the peace in a nice and interesting place!

1 minute ago, Economic Exile said:

Really I think the religious aspects of Buddhism are as bad as the rest. Although I do like Buddhist philosophy.

There, the hierarchy live in luxury while the monks live in dormitories and do all the work. Their choice....I'll forget all that and just enjoy the peace in a nice and interesting place!

Is that the one in Scotland that I've seen sometime in the past on telly?

10 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

You won't get radio, TV, papers, or Internet. You will get tea!

Sounds smashing! I watch the ducks. It's more interesting than the latest series on cable TV!

I like to trim my finger nails using my teeth, but leave them all hanging by a single thread.

Not sure if that is a guilty pleasure, a dirty habit of just fucking weird. Maybe all 3.

1 minute ago, MrPin said:

You won't get radio, TV, papers, or Internet. You will get tea!

Sounds smashing! I watch the ducks. It's more interesting than the latest series on cable TV!

It's a great place away from everything!

Lovely tearoom with proper coffee and tea and all home baking/homemade. Shop with Buddhist crap but interesting books. Veg gardens too. There are also peacocks wandering around and plenty of other wildlife. And a nice smoking place by the river where I can have a roll up and enjoy the peace and quiet and a chat with the other naughty smokers 🙂

46 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

Me and (the real) Mrs XYY got married in March 2009 not long after I'd been made redundant.

We had originally planned to take all the family up to Gretna Green and get married there - but my redundancy put the kybosh on that.

In the end, the finances meant that we got married in Hartlepool - but we hoped to at least get a honeymoon in Gretna. 

We had a budget of 500 quid for a honeymoon - and that doesn't get you much in Gretna Green.

But it did get us four days all-inclusive at the Queen's Hotel just ten miles up the road in Lockerbie. Close enough to Gretna - and half the price...!

By a pure fluke, our late-March wedding meant that we benefited from some crazy gulf-stream shit that gave us two days bright, warm sunshine and enabled us to walk around in jeans and t-shirts in Dumfries and Galloway in early spring 2009.

One of the places we found to visit - on the day we left for home - was the Kagyu Samye Ling Buddhist monastery. 

A truly fascinating and inspirational place that both of us will never forget.

You are blessed to live where you do EE - and I will admit that I am a tiny bit jealous.

Below is one of the many photos we took during our visit...

100_0686.thumb.jpg.da8b30c2b08cc6f43728c9a1e98812d4.jpg

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man

24 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

It's a great place away from everything!

Lovely tearoom with proper coffee and tea and all home baking/homemade. Shop with Buddhist crap but interesting books. Veg gardens too. There are also peacocks wandering around and plenty of other wildlife. And a nice smoking place by the river where I can have a roll up and enjoy the peace and quiet and a chat with the other naughty smokers 🙂

Sounds like Trago Mills, Liskeard.