• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

Boris the buffoon strikes again

Boris

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-41890885

A charity fears a British-Iranian woman held in Iran could have her prison sentence doubled following remarks made by the foreign secretary.

Boris Johnson told a Commons committee that Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe, who was arrested at Tehran Airport in 2016, was "teaching people journalism".

The Thomson Reuters Foundation said she was seeing family and urged Mr Johnson to correct his "serious mistake".

The Foreign Office said the remarks could not justify new charges.

Mrs Zaghari-Ratcliffe is currently serving a five-year sentence after Iran tried her on charges of trying to overthrow the government. She denies all the allegations against her.

heard her husband being interviewed on the radio about this. He was incredibly magnanimous given the potential damage the buffoon may have caused. 

4 minutes ago, dgul said:

They really don't like Boris.

Does anyone? 

Bullington boy. 

Oh and he only backed brexit as he thought it would give him a straight shot to the leadership  his is apparently a remoaner  

IMG_0858.JPG

Just now, One percent said:

Why do you not believe the narrative?  

We've been lied to a lot in the past about innocents abroad who get arrested by (yah boo) nasty foreign regimes - then it turns out they were doing a bit of work for 6 on the side.

2 minutes ago, davidg said:

We've been lied to a lot in the past about innocents abroad who get arrested by (yah boo) nasty foreign regimes - then it turns out they were doing a bit of work for 6 on the side.

Fair enough but there are also cases where people have been stupid/naive/innocent. What sets this aside?  Not saying that this is innocent. 

Boris is still a buffoon 

4 minutes ago, davidg said:

^

This

9 minutes ago, One percent said:

Why do you not believe the narrative?  

There is a very strong muslim supporter base behind this as well as her local muslim MP

The story has been pushed hard in the UK MSM with every attempt to portray a totally innocent "family woman" it was pushed a little too hard so i started to suspect it was a ruse to curry public support, i dont believe the daughter is being forced to remain in Iran in all likelihood she is free to go and has been since day 1 

Edited by WorkingPoor

Just now, WorkingPoor said:

There is a very strong muslim supporter base behind this as well as he local muslim MP

The story has been pushed hard in the UK MSM with every attempt to portray a totally innocent "family woman" 

Ah, ta. So do you think it is linked to the spat between Iran and other countries in the region?  

Not sure on the intricacies of this womans situation but my opinion of Boris has certainly changed from a few years back.

When he was mayor I went along with the notion that he was a bit of a lovable rogue. A sort of dappy labrador that shits on the carpet once in a while but is such an earnest thing that you forgive him the odd transgression. 

I'll completely admit I was wrong. Since brexit, Boris has proved himself to be an utter reptile of the highest order. His speech after brexit was a fucking insult to anyone outside of the M25 and think Boris would happily sever this island across the middle somewhere around Watford as long as he could sit on the Iron Throne to the south. The rest of us can drift off into oblivion for all he gives a fuck.

An arch agitator and a fucking liability for the UK as a whole.

9 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

Not sure on the intricacies of this womans situation but my opinion of Boris has certainly changed from a few years back.

When he was mayor I went along with the notion that he was a bit of a lovable rogue. A sort of dappy labrador that shits on the carpet once in a while but is such an earnest thing that you forgive him the odd transgression. 

I'll completely admit I was wrong. Since brexit, Boris has proved himself to be an utter reptile of the highest order. His speech after brexit was a fucking insult to anyone outside of the M25 and think Boris would happily sever this island across the middle somewhere around Watford as long as he could sit on the Iron Throne to the south. The rest of us can drift off into oblivion for all he gives a fuck.

i heard he is a bit "touchy feely" at parties too 

bit of a creep by all accounts

the "buffoon" persona is all an act 

nasty bastard 

11 minutes ago, One percent said:

Ah, ta. So do you think it is linked to the spat between Iran and other countries in the region?  

From what i read they see BBC Persia as a threat 

(and she was working for them) 

Although now claiming to have been in the employ of Reuters Thompson

You have to question why the So-Called BBC would have a "BBC Persia" what's the aim? why wouldnt the "BBC World Service" suffice? 

Do they have a BBC Yemen etc? 

Edited by WorkingPoor

14 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

He's always be a thundercunt, albeit a mild entertaining one up until Brexit.

40 minutes ago, WorkingPoor said:

i heard he is a bit "touchy feely" at parties too 

bit of a creep by all accounts

the "buffoon" persona is all an act 

Very true. He's very hands on... lots of dirty laundry already aired in public and much to come.

I heard his father give a speech once for which he was utterly unprepared, did the "Boris bluster" technique for 20 minutes to fill in time. I realised that Boris's style is completely bogus and borrowed from his father.  He's no fool (Eton scholar): but don't think for a moment that Brexit is anything other than a vehicle for him.

Not sure that I really understand where this dislike of Boris stems from.

Yes he headed up the Brexit campaign,  but afaict it was just because they were leaderless and seemingly had no chance of winning. Yes, it probably was his chance to take a leadership role and prove he had what it takes..  he sort of proved it a bit too well!  He didn't have a clue what to do one they won..  which was perhaps the only disappointment (especially as a leaver)...  disappointing,  but never the less perfectly understandable under the circumstances.  Boris gets in trouble because he is prepared to make comment where others would dodge the question or become shrinking violets..  I'd rather have someone brash and honest than slippery and devious any day of the week.

1 hour ago, Libspero said:

Not sure that I really understand where this dislike of Boris stems from.

Yes he headed up the Brexit campaign,  but afaict it was just because they were leaderless and seemingly had no chance of winning. Yes, it probably was his chance to take a leadership role and prove he had what it takes..  he sort of proved it a bit too well!  He didn't have a clue what to do one they won..  which was perhaps the only disappointment (especially as a leaver)...  disappointing,  but never the less perfectly understandable under the circumstances.  Boris gets in trouble because he is prepared to make comment where others would dodge the question or become shrinking violets..  I'd rather have someone brash and honest than slippery and devious any day of the week.

My view is that he is slippery and devious with the brash honesty merely a cloak, a persona he adopts. 

Entitled and privileged twat who I would not trust to run a bath. 

9 hours ago, One percent said:

Fair enough but there are also cases where people have been stupid/naive/innocent. What sets this aside?  Not saying that this is innocent. 

Boris is still a buffoon 

Yes, he should keep quiet really.

Before dustbin visited Glastonbury as the messiah, Boris visited around the site with Billy Bragg (can't see that hapenning these days).

Favourite bit is when he's at the stone circle "See, that person's selling mushrooms. This is the pinacle of right wing ideologies."

Husband is getting a bit uppitty, is it because his public sympathy campaign has been exposed?

http://www.cityam.com/275268/pressure-piles-boris-johnson-over-nazanin-zaghari-ratcliffe

Covertly teaching journalism is considered a crime in Iran. The charge has been strongly denied by her employer, Thomson Reuters Foundation, and her husband.

Her husband Ratcliffe told BBC Radio 4’s Today programme that he wanted Johnson to retract his comments in parliament "rather than in a phone call to his counterpart... and say clearly that Nazanin wasn’t training journalists and that she was just there on holiday".

Edited by WorkingPoor