DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

The people on ToS have go their wish

One percent

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They got their wish in 2007, to be fair. The government bankrupted the country by stepping in, I think they are out of options this time, but then with the level of incompetence and the rife backhanders who knows what will happen. It wouldn't shock me if Treason printed another £30bn to prolong the life support of her housebuilder friends.

well tw. is down about 3% today.when im feeling a bit naughty i go on lse and gentley poke the taylor whimpy boys.i do have a handfull i bought at 32p ,my latest dividend went in the bank at the start of this week and im going to spend it in weatherspoons hopefully tommorow.i love winding them up ,i hope some of the more arogent ones are buying them useing leverage pun intended.

On ‎09‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 07:54, One percent said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-41917884

house prices falling everywhere 

Thirteen years after I first starting thinking it was imminent and so didn't park my inheritance in a flat. Those arseholes wait until I'm balls deep into a mortgage on a family home til they let it go!

That's the thing though, it's our family home, we need it regardless of how much its worth. Thankful to be in this position, especially when the cost of renting is so high.

Is this really it though? I have been waiting so long, and they have pulled levers to prevent it so many times. 

3 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

Thirteen years after I first starting thinking it was imminent and so didn't park my inheritance in a flat. Those arseholes wait until I'm balls deep into a mortgage on a family home til they let it go!

That's the thing though, it's our family home, we need it regardless of how much its worth. Thankful to be in this position, especially when the cost of renting is so high.

Is this really it though? I have been waiting so long, and they have pulled levers to prevent it so many times. 

God only knows if they can keep the plates spinning. At some point (black swan event?) it will all come crashing down.

thats the difference though Carl.  This is your home. Imagine going a btl landlord?  May they crash and burn along with it. 

On ‎09‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 12:03, spunko2010 said:

They got their wish in 2007, to be fair. The government bankrupted the country by stepping in, I think they are out of options this time, but then with the level of incompetence and the rife backhanders who knows what will happen. It wouldn't shock me if Treason printed another £30bn to prolong the life support of her housebuilder friends.

Yes, that's true really. 

I'm more concerned with the state of the country around my home than house prices.

We will continue as we have been, dealing with the problems we face, but they'll be without purpose over there after a crash takes place.

That kinda rhymes, I think, sorta, didn't mean it. Maybe I'm one of those folk you get, a poetandidontevenknowit.

Anyway, hopefully Treason May and that lot just let it do it's thing this time. I'm not all that bothered though, the other threats we face interest me and engage me more.

7 minutes ago, One percent said:

God only knows if they can keep the plates spinning. At some point (black swan event?) it will all come crashing down.

thats the difference though Carl.  This is your home. Imagine going a btl landlord?  May they crash and burn along with it. 

Ah, so its not necessarily official, I read the So-Called BBC article and just assumed the falls reported down south and reports they were getting was IT. Surely if the So-Called BBC are pushing this line it must be true?

Does shit not spread from the south east into the rest of the country? 

xD

2 hours ago, Carl Fimble said:

Ah, so its not necessarily official, I read the So-Called BBC article and just assumed the falls reported down south and reports they were getting was IT. Surely if the So-Called BBC are pushing this line it must be true?

Does shit not spread from the south east into the rest of the country? 

xD

I think the top end might be down but not in the ordinary bits. 

House down the road from me, end of terrace in a nice but not fashionable area went on for 550k and they were fighting over it.  

4 minutes ago, One percent said:

I think the top end might be down but not in the ordinary bits. 

House down the road from me, end of terrace in a nice but not fashionable area went on for 550k and they were fighting over it.  

How big? How many bedrooms? Needing work or modern and clean inside? 

God!

A detached bungalow kinda thing near us is under offer at offers over £400k 4 bed, approx 130 sq M, needing everything done though inside, everything! I suppose its detached but still, will prob end up selling for £450k or not much less, possibly even more.

Madness, we are not detached and not so near that wizard woman, so our place is valued nowhere near those crazy numbers. 

Interesting listening to the current politictians .... need to build more ... reclassify house building debt as non-debt .... and then on the So-Called BBC Beeney says it is not a supply problem but an affordability / price problem and that however many houses are built in SE prices will not fall. Lots of joy on TOS about a couple of percent off and prices drops (before Xmas) when in the SE prices have increased by 40% in the last three years .... actual sold prices not asking. SInce the 'crash' in so-called peak 2007 prices in central London are up by 70 to 100%.

On 11/15/2017 at 14:02, One percent said:

whats going to be the blackswan though,trump doing something mad,china,bretex another country leaveing the euro ? i had high hopes it would be a pig country but they have gone quiet

6 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

whats going to be the blackswan though,trump doing something mad,china,bretex another country leaveing the euro ? i had high hopes it would be a pig country but they have gone quiet

Could be anything.  Soros trying to bankrupt the UK like in the late 80s?   Korea sending a nuke?  Treasonous May shooting dead the whole cabinet after a breakdown?  

We've just transferred the majority of our 20 years of savings to the solicitor this morning, complete on Thursday.

Cue black swan, massive hpc, our equity vanished into thin air, rates to the moon, joblessness, repossession and a life on the streets for us and our two young children.

As you can tell, I have every confidence in our decision :D :CryBaby:

sleepwello'nights
6 minutes ago, LC1 said:

We've just transferred the majority of our 20 years of savings to the solicitor this morning, complete on Thursday.

Cue black swan, massive hpc, our equity vanished into thin air, rates to the moon, joblessness, repossession and a life on the streets for us and our two young children.

Thanks, I can now start planning for my next move. 

Usually "they" wait for me to make my purchase just before prices fall, I'm really pleased that you've replaced me in this function. :)

Long time lurking
7 hours ago, LC1 said:

After seeing this http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-11-19/ecb-proposes-end-deposit-protection  i`m not going to be long behind you 

sleepwello'nights
1 hour ago, Long time lurking said:

After seeing this http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-11-19/ecb-proposes-end-deposit-protection  i`m not going to be long behind you 

Will this see a stampede into Bitcoin and other crypto currencies?

I simply don't understand them, I guess I should start reading up on them. Can anyone give me an idiots guide? 

On ‎16‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 09:19, One percent said:

Could be anything.  Soros trying to bankrupt the UK like in the late 80s?   Korea sending a nuke?  Treasonous May shooting dead the whole cabinet after a breakdown?  

Oumuamua starts to slow down. 

sleepwello'nights
3 hours ago, LC1 said:

(Sorry, I don't really understand it either)

I can't get over that BTC and the other Crypto Currencies are simply a classic bubble. They're being bought because the buyers think someone else will buy them at a higher price. BTW is anyone interested in some very rare tulip bulbs?

If I want some Bitcoins I go to a crypto currency exchange and give them some other currency for the Bitcoins. When I want to sell them I have to go to another currency exchange and sell them for another currency. What is the point?

Archived