DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

The people on ToS have go their wish

One percent

TheCountOfNowhere
On 11/9/2017 at 07:54, One percent said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-41917884

house prices falling everywhere 

Blimey, everyone's alive.  I thought everyone had gone and bought a house.  Glad to see so many familiar avatars and a forum of sane people !!!

I'm still fighting the good fight on the other place but the place is in meltdown, the trolls are going mental because prices might fall and the locals ( me mainly ) are going mental because prices keep going up despite everyone knowing collapse is inevitable.

The stress is tangible on both sides.

I'm going to stick to twitter but it's good to see so many familair faces.

Best of Luck.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Blimey, everyone's alive.  I thought everyone had gone and bought a house.  Glad to see so many familiar avatars and a forum of sane people !!!

I'm still fighting the good fight on the other place but the place is in meltdown, the trolls are going mental because prices might fall and the locals ( me mainly ) are going mental because prices keep going up despite everyone knowing collapse is inevitable.

Best of Luck.

Welcome  :D

We have a great time here - join in.  the wine club on Friday nights is a bit tricky to organise as we all keep forgetting to name a wine and then purchase it.  But, we have all sorts of discussions which are illuminating and educational.  From cars, to hobbies, gardening.  Oh and we discuss the economy sometimes....

TheCountOfNowhere
2 minutes ago, One percent said:

Welcome  :D

We have a great time here - join in.  the wine club on Friday nights is a bit tricky to organise as we all keep forgetting to name a wine and then purchase it.  But, we have all sorts of discussions which are illuminating and educational.  From cars, to hobbies, gardening.  Oh and we discuss the economy sometimes....

Thanks for the warm welcome. 

I'll come and play as soon as house prices collapse :D 

For me to jump ship right now might be seen as a victory for the bullying trolls but I'll pop in now and again and see how you all are.

Just great to see some of the people I'd noticed had disappeared alive and well. 

The other place is pretty unpleasant at the mo, a sure sign something is going on.

I called the interest rate rise spot on and it's put the sh*tters up some of them, my man in the know tells me more  rate rises next year and a crash is nailed on.

They dont want to here it tho....

Cant say I didnt try and warn them.

1 minute ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

For me to jump ship right now might be seen as a victory for the bullying trolls but I'll pop in now and again and see how you all are.

Just great to see some of the people I'd noticed had disappeared alive and well. 

The other place is pretty unpleasant at the mo, a sure sign something is going on.

I called the interest rate rise spot on and it's put the sh*tters up some of them, my man in the know tells me more  rate rises next year and a crash is nailed on.

But I thought the whole raison d'être was a crash?  o.O  How times change...

I don't go on there anymore after being heavily moderated for joining this site.  Feck em...  

Keep up the good fight Count!

TheCountOfNowhere
2 minutes ago, One percent said:

But I thought the whole raison d'être was a crash?  o.O  How times change...

I don't go on there anymore after being heavily moderated for joining this site.  Feck em...  

Keep up the good fight Count!

The locals WANT to hear it but are being drowned out by property owners ( trolls to you and me ).

I'll keep going to the end though, which aint far off now.

I only joined up to say hello to The Masked Tulip, i've missed him postings.

Take care and see you all on the island one day.

Thanks

TheCountOfNowhere
20 minutes ago, UmBongo said:

Holy crap. It's TheCount!

Welcome, sir. :)

Thanks, but to be fair, I could be an imposter troll nutter.

I dunno how to prove it is me other than to say I fucking hate estate agents :D

6 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Best of Luck.

But are you the real count, we are currently under attack from trolls from the other place....

Either way "Welcome", but if youre a troll we will find you out !

6 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

There are more home owners on the TOS than HPCers now. 

And all those that are HPCers have given up ever hoping to get a tiny place for 4-5 times salary.

I'm aware of various law firms where residential conveyancing fees are 50% off target for November 2017 and 20% down overall for 2017.  Suggests falling volumes in the non new build market.  New build figures remain buoyant although this may change as the stamp duty exemption for FTBs may mean that FTBs move towards the second hand market as the builders appear to pay the stamp duty for most people.

19 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

we will follow the yanks and they are talking of 3 or 4 rises next year....pisser

20 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Best of Luck.

Welcome sir, good to see you.  I still look on ToS, but seeing as my account is restricted and posts require 'approval' I don't bother really now. 

23 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Thanks, but to be fair, I could be an imposter troll nutter.

I dunno how to prove it is me other than to say I fucking hate estate agents :D

Hey Count we'll know it really is you when we get a posting in BIG RED CAPITALS

2 hours ago, Ina said:

Hey Count we'll know it really is you when we get a posting in BIG RED CAPITALS

you mean like

LIAR LOANS

but that IIRC is Eric Pebble, we will know when the Venger Bot arrives when each post is five pages long and says 'renter-saver', 'it's a market' and 'prices at the margins' a minimum of 30 times.

4 minutes ago, satch said:

you mean like

LIAR LOANS

but that IIRC is Eric Pebble, we will know when the Venger Bot arrives when each post is five pages long and says 'renter-saver', 'it's a market' and 'prices at the margins' a minimum of 30 times.

And quotes posts each of us made on day one of the forum. o.O

6 minutes ago, One percent said:

And quotes posts each of us made on day one of the forum. o.O

... and as you posted  March 25 (not sure of the exact time) .... 'are we part of the dark web?' with the important bits highlighted in bold 

1 minute ago, satch said:

... and as you posted  March 25 (not sure of the exact time) .... 'are we part of the dark web?' with the important bits highlighted in bold 

You are clearly not up to standard as you would know exactly, to the second, when the post was made.  

If only I could be that organised with my record keeping. 

• 3 weeks later...
TheCountOfNowhere

Just popped into say MERRY CHRISTMAS

BTW, I PM'd The masked tulip on ToS to confirm it is me, but he's not replied.

So watch out for the Swansea troll xD

Long time lurking
7 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

I think he`s on TOS naughty step

28 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Merry Christmas Count!

Yes, anyone could be fake, maybe Spunko is an imposter even..?

TheCountOfNowhere
1 minute ago, Long time lurking said:

It's all gone a bit quiet over there....everyone knows something is coming, no one knows what to do but we all know buying a house right now is a mugs game.

See you all next year, it'll be a cracker me thinks

1 minute ago, Carl Fimble said:

Merry Christmas Count!

Yes, anyone could be fake, maybe Spunko is an I posted even..?

It's hard to be real when we are all fake originally.

I expect Sky News to confront me any day now tho 

https://news.sky.com/story/sky-news-confronts-trolls-who-targeted-tory-brexit-rebel-anna-soubry-11177060

How irresponsible are the MSM !!!

1 hour ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

It's all gone a bit quiet over there....everyone knows something is coming, no one knows what to do but we all know buying a house right now is a mugs game.

https://news.sky.com/story/sky-news-confronts-trolls-who-targeted-tory-brexit-rebel-anna-soubry-11177060

Anna Soubry is totty.

1 hour ago, Long time lurking said:

A dangerous place for them have him in.

7 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Have a good one Count.  All I can add is anecdotally the income from residential conveyancing in many Law firms countrywide has fallen off a cliff in the last 2 months.  Sure sign of what's coming.

Was speaking to a colleague when deals with new build purchases.  He said 50% of purchases are done via HTB.  Of the remaining 50% he reckons builders' part exchange schemes are a big motivation for purchasing new build as people can't be arsed dealing with estate agents and having to show scores of people round.  In addition builders tend to give them a good price for a trade in.

I've thought for years that it is the big builders e.g. Persimmon that have kept HPC at bay and contributed to keeping prices artificially high.  In unfashionable parts of Yorkshire a 4/5 bedroom new build detactched sells for c£400k.  The effect is that house prices in the surrounding area are dragged up by new build.  When it crashes it will catastrophic for new build owners who need to sell quickly.  I remember on TOS someone did some very good analysis on drops in new build when people try to sell them.

9 minutes ago, Ina said:

Was speaking to a colleague when deals with new build purchases.  He said 50% of purchases are done via HTB.  Of the remaining 50% he reckons builders' part exchange schemes are a big motivation for purchasing new build as people can't be arsed dealing with estate agents and having to show scores of people round.  In addition builders tend to give them a good price for a trade in.

I've thought for years that it is the big builders e.g. Persimmon that have kept HPC at bay and contributed to keeping prices artificially high.  In unfashionable parts of Yorkshire a 4/5 bedroom new build detactched sells for c£400k.  The effect is that house prices in the surrounding area are dragged up by new build.  When it crashes it will catastrophic for new build owners who need to sell quickly.  I remember on TOS someone did some very good analysis on drops in new build when people try to sell them.

My home town in Yorkshire, apparently over 70 percent of new builds are sold to incomers. That market is finite I would think.  

Just look at all the new build finished and languishing on the market 

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/find.html?includeSSTC=true&sortType=2&viewType=LIST&channel=BUY&index=0&radius=0.0&numberOfPropertiesPerPage=399&locationIdentifier=USERDEFINEDAREA^{"polylines"%3A"}hnkIz|wB{Emc%40oT%3FjLih%40pSqNnUwXbU|SoAl`A{]zi%40yOeI"}

Archived