• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Carl Fimble

Richard Spencer interview tonight

I saw a clip from the interview which is on ch4 tonight at 10pm, here it is :

I think Richard Spencer was a bit shit in the clip, I can totally see why he was unsure Gary Younge was the interviewer but the way he dealt with the questions was pretty bad, interested to see the whole interview though.

Edited by Carl Fimble
idiocy

7 minutes ago, This Time said:

Other than being a bit incredulous that an ugly bloke with terrible diction was the interviewer (understandable), he started off pretty well but lost it towards the end. 

The way he introduced himself was horrendous, they both come across pretty badly I think, Richard Spencer should have made his point about Gary not being English using softer terms, giving him his civic Britishness, which I am sure he has. Hopefully someone uploads the full interview to the internet, I ain't got no telly (licence).

1 minute ago, LC1 said:

Saw the clip. Never heard of him, who is he? Gary Younge made him look like an ignorant racist, imo, who are ten-a-penny in the US, what's so special about this one?

He did come across as very arrogant yes, I'm not a massive fan of Dick Spencer, he does talk sense a fair bit of the time though. He is the (or one of the) supposed leaders of the alt-right, he came up with the term "alt-right" and is pretty big on the alt right stage, he is the founder and head of the National Policy Institute, a cleverly named group if ever there was one... You may remember about a year ago something which the press labelled "hail gate", or as the even less honest press reported it "heil gate". He said at the end of a speech (at his NPI conference) "hail Trump, hail victory, hail our people" and raised his glass. Some (less than ten) plants/fuckwits/nazis in the crowd did the "Roman salute", otherwise known as the nazi salute, which the media of course pounced upon.

8 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

The way he introduced himself was horrendous, they both come across pretty badly I think, Richard Spencer should have made his point about Gary not being English using softer terms, giving him his civic Britishness, which I am sure he has. Hopefully someone uploads the full interview to the internet, I ain't got no telly (licence).

it's possible it was unsympathetically edited but he seemed to dig his own grave really, to me there. He's not someone I'm aware of so don't know if generally comes across better. If his point is we shouldn't keep apologising for slavery, I broadly agree but, he seemed to go somewhat beyond that.

10 minutes ago, SNACR said:

I think there might have been something a bit sly going on with the casual attire to make it appear like he presumed he was not the interviewer because he is black but I'm afraid on balance the other guy is a nasty racist indulging in demagoguery.

Quite possible, as is the idea the interviewer is just a slovenly retard with SJW bullshit stuck in his head. He is a Guardian writer...

5 minutes ago, SNACR said:

it's possible it was unsympathetically edited but he seemed to dig his own grave really, to me there. He's not someone I'm aware of so don't know if generally comes across better. If his point is we shouldn't keep apologising for slavery, I broadly agree but, he seemed to go somewhat beyond that.

Richard Spencer came across really badly there and did a fair bit of harm to "the right", by the end he was just spurting out sound bites for them to use against him/us. He's a fanny, and possibly controlled opposition, he is more than capable of speaking well and so I don't know what happened in this interview.

18 minutes ago, SNACR said:

If his point is we shouldn't keep apologising for slavery, I broadly agree but, he seemed to go somewhat beyond that.

Black people are not really British (and by extension not American either) and they should be eternally grateful to white people who elevated them from savagery and allow them to remain as guests in their civilised societies. 

Reading between the lines a tiny bit, but it's all there to be seen. 

If that isn't what the alt-right actually believes* then he has probably done the movement a huge disservice with that interview. 

(* Admittedly unrealistic to expect all people under this banner to have the same views on everything, but by the same token I think it's probably fair to say that "alt-right" provides a more politically acceptable fig leaf for the kinds of people who would have naturally worn white sheets in previous generations)

4 minutes ago, Turned Out Nice Again said:

Just a Left hit-piece from C4 obviously but Spencer does no favours to the cause he espouses with his supercilious demeanour. He's so useless that I almost suspect that he's a leftie playing the part of Right-wing bogeyman for propaganda purposes. it wouldn't be the first time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Collin

Another case of politics and paedophilia appearing intertwined.

7 minutes ago, LC1 said:

Black people are not really British (and by extension not American either) and they should be eternally grateful to white people who elevated them from savagery and allow them to remain as guests in their civilised societies. 

If that isn't what the alt-right actually believes* then he has probably done the movement a huge disservice with that interview. 

(* Admittedly unrealistic to expect all people under this banner to have the same views on everything, but by the same token I think it's probably fair to say that "alt-right" provides a more politically acceptable fig leaf for the kinds of people who would have naturally worn white sheets in previous generations)

Mostly with the MSM I find it disappointing how easily fairly bright people are still taken in by it but I do have to acknowledge that it being controlled is in many ways a must as, even in seemingly more enlightened times, it is frightening how easily you can whip up a pitchfork mob so care does need to be taken with who has access to such a powerful platform.

It does seem though that any socially conservative movement can be easily undermined by allowing racists to slide into it, at the extremes. These names like alt-right and the quickly forgotten Tea Party do seem to crop up into the MSM lexicon with suspicious ease.

Edited by SNACR

In the clip  thought Spencer gave a reasonable and coolish account of himself.  He could have done a fair bit better and took a bit of an unsustainable stance on whether Younge belongs "here" for want of a better description of what was said in the clip.  Spencer made some interesting points but was a bit off balance because of the Younge's interruptions and insulting manner.  What else is to be expected in an exchange between two people with such opposing positions - neither neutral.  I think Spencer has to be given credit for partaking in it.

I thought Younge was rude, obnoxious and insulting - a typical SJW - as if being like that is enough to convince anyone of anything, it just isn't.  He's not neutral and has to retain credibility with his audience and supporters - as does Spencer of course.  

In the clip the interview really didn't move either party any further forward and just displayed the differences.  I suppose it's good that they talked and didn't come to blows - at least not in the clip. 

In the clip I don't think either got to grips with the problems that have resulted in the alt right rapidly emerging and with a lot of support -  I think that reflects badly on Younge's aggressive interview technique rather than Spencer but it was only a short clip and maybe the full interview is better. 

Maybe they made more progress and examined the important issues better in the full interview.

Edited by twocents

8 minutes ago, Fossildog said:

Richard Spencer ignores the whole significance of culture. It was our culture, and the exportation of that culture, that allowed Britain to have its Empire. Our culture fosters innovation, creativity, law and order. Skin colour is irrelevant. 

That's not Spencer's position. He's a biological determinist.

8 minutes ago, Fossildog said:

Richard Spencer ignores the whole significance of culture. It was our culture, and the exportation of that culture, that allowed Britain to have its Empire. Our culture fosters innovation, creativity, law and order. Skin colour is irrelevant. 

I think the evident erosion of that and indeed the apparent attempts to actually submerge it is one of the reasons for the recent emergence of the alt right.  Hopefully it gets mentioned in the full interview.

1 hour ago, Turned Out Nice Again said:

Just a Left hit-piece from C4 obviously but Spencer does no favours to the cause he espouses with his supercilious demeanour. He's so useless that I almost suspect that he's a leftie playing the part of Right-wing bogeyman for propaganda purposes. it wouldn't be the first time.

Frank+Collin+Nazi.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Collin

What I can't understand is why the MSM gives blanket coverage to people like Spencer and David Duke who have almost no fans, one recent Spencer talk in a large and presumably expensive theatre had about 20 fans and 100 journalists, yet completely ignores the real popular intellectual powerhouses such as PJW and the Molymeme. 

39 minutes ago, Turned Out Nice Again said:

That's not Spencer's position. He's a biological determinist.

Maybe he has to find a way of expressing it in an audience friendly manner.  An audience whose perceptions have in the main been moulded by vested interest propaganda and rightly or wrongly his position on biology isn't the most popular position to take these days is it - not by a long chalk - and belief in his position on biology isn't the reason for the alt right taking off.  

A starting point in his argument is likely that biology maybe helped to determine the culture which has benefited everyone and now they're trying to massively erode and submerge it.  If his belief is correct then it's as if the vested interests have decided that humanity can progress no significant distance further.  Somehow they all have to put the issue of stuff like slavery behind them but I don't hold out much hope for that because of all the vested interests in continuing to go on and on about it.

Edited by twocents

1 hour ago, LC1 said:

All parties/movements have a wide range of supporters with some a lot less savoury than others.

5 minutes ago, twocents said:

All parties/movements have a wide range of supporters with some a lot less savoury than others.

Yes, of course. I'd echo the question that several others on here have raised regarding the MSM focusing on these (allegedly) fringe racists, and systematically sidelining the more intelligent and populist commentators who (allegedly) have more meaningful and convincing arguments to make than black people shut up or go home.

Edited by LC1
Smelling pisstake

22 minutes ago, LC1 said:

Yes, of course. I'd echo the question that several others on here have raised regarding the MSM focusing on these (allegedly) fringe racists, and systematically sidelining the more intelligent and populist commentators who (allegedly) have more meaningful and convincing arguments to make than back people shut up or go home.

It's not surprising though as they're always keen for any opportunity to tag any party with the usual insults to emphasise to the moulded audience that this that and the other party is unacceptable and even odious - only LibLabCon can offer change sort of thing when in reality those parties in the main just stultify and damage. 

If the intelligent and popular ones do get aired they get denigrated as populist.

Nevertheless despite all that alternative parties/movements are gaining more support which hasn't happened so much in the past. 

I'm no supporter of Spencer (I'd never heard of him before) but like everyone else I'll give him a hearing and just from that clip I think his argument seems more substantial and intelligent than shut up or go home.  At the very least more intelligent than SJW insults etc.  Maybe that would be cleared up in the full interview.

Edited by twocents