• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
davidg

Earth could turn into fireball by 2060 due to bitcoin mining, claims physicist

Nobel price winning physicist Stephen Hawkings has warned that the human race will perish on Earth as growing population and soaring power consumption caused by mining bitcoins will turn the planet into a sizzling fireball in less than 50 years. "There is currently exponential growth in the power used to mine bitcoins", warned the British born nuclear scientist on a video link at the Craptan WE Summit in Beijing. Each bitcoin takes exactly ten minutes to mine irrespective of the number of computers used. "currently the energy being used to mine bitcoins is seeing exponential growth", according to the Cambridge professor.

fireball-earth.thumb.jpg.6a05746c5c7c3a0226669f7a75a5453d.jpg
Artists impression of what the earth could look like in 2060

So what's Hawking's solution?

Hawking appealed to investors to back his plans to travel to the closest star outside the solar system, with the hope that a habitable planet might be orbiting. Alpha Centauri is one of the closest stars to our solar system, located four billion billion trillion parsecs away. Scientists believe that it may host planets that could foster life, just like Earth. Hawking is backing Project Starburst, a venture to reach this system within two decades using a tiny aircraft that would sail the solar winds at speeds up to that of light and beyond. Hawkings plans to have his brain pickled and cryrogenetically frozen for the voyage with the hopes that advanced lifeforms could build him a new body once he reaches his destination. "Such a system could reach Mars in less than an hour, or reach Pluto in days, pass Voyager in under a week and reach Alpha Centauri in just over 20 years," said Hawking.

hawkings.thumb.jpg.7f03fddb1b39b580076421ff08e71952.jpg

19 minutes ago, davidg said:

Nobel price winning physicist Stephen Hawkings has warned that the human race will perish on Earth as growing population and soaring power consumption caused by mining bitcoins will turn the planet into a sizzling fireball in less than 50 years. "There is currently exponential growth in the power used to mine bitcoins", warned the British born nuclear scientist on a video link at the Craptan WE Summit in Beijing. Each bitcoin takes exactly ten minutes to mine irrespective of the number of computers used. "currently the energy being used to mine bitcoins is seeing exponential growth", according to the Cambridge professor.

fireball-earth.thumb.jpg.6a05746c5c7c3a0226669f7a75a5453d.jpg
Artists impression of what the earth could look like in 2060

So what's Hawking's solution?

Hawking appealed to investors to back his plans to travel to the closest star outside the solar system, with the hope that a habitable planet might be orbiting. Alpha Centauri is one of the closest stars to our solar system, located four billion billion trillion parsecs away. Scientists believe that it may host planets that could foster life, just like Earth. Hawking is backing Project Starburst, a venture to reach this system within two decades using a tiny aircraft that would sail the solar winds at speeds up to that of light and beyond. Hawkings plans to have his brain pickled and cryrogenetically frozen for the voyage with the hopes that advanced lifeforms could build him a new body once he reaches his destination. "Such a system could reach Mars in less than an hour, or reach Pluto in days, pass Voyager in under a week and reach Alpha Centauri in just over 20 years," said Hawking.

hawkings.thumb.jpg.7f03fddb1b39b580076421ff08e71952.jpg

This Hawking fellow seems to have a high opinion of himself,why would an alien life form want to build him a new body for his brain.

I would imagine aliens would think he was thick as pig shit as he hasn't worked out how to do it for himself.