• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

Haha Gary Fucking Lineker

Eh?

His comment came after he was contacted by a member of the public who questioned how the 39-year-old was feeling in light of the well-publicised leak, which named Prince Charles and Shakira among the rich and famous who had 

If he is 39, I'm a monkeys uncle. 

13 minutes ago, blobloblob said:

Think he has form, and recently got done for another tax avoidance scheme too.

ypu cannot get 'done' for a tax avoidance scheme.

you can get done  in the court of public opinion for being a hypocritical cunt who suckles at the public teat paid for in part by taxpayers money but then uses legal loopholes to pay less tax than your binman.

4 minutes ago, wherebee said:

ypu cannot get 'done' for a tax avoidance scheme.

you can get done  in the court of public opinion for being a hypocritical cunt who suckles at the public teat paid for in part by taxpayers money but then uses legal loopholes to pay less tax than your binman.

Yes not him directly, the Ingenious Films scheme in which he had invested.

http://citywire.co.uk/new-model-adviser/news/beckham-and-rooneys-film-scheme-loses-700m-tax-appeal/a1021706

25 minutes ago, One percent said:

Eh?

His comment came after he was contacted by a member of the public who questioned how the 39-year-old was feeling in light of the well-publicised leak, which named Prince Charles and Shakira among the rich and famous who had 

If he is 39, I'm a monkeys uncle. 

Wiki has him as 56.

35 minutes ago, spygirl said:

The Mail's poppy is the wrong way round! Burn the witches!!!

To be fair to all these celebrities it's their accountants/financial advisors arranging all these things. Do you really think that they personally investigate all the ins and outs of each investment they make and every house they buy? They don't. They tell their advisor "I wanna 'ouse in Barbados. Sort it out!". Later they are presented with a form to put their scribble on and that's about the depth of their knowledge.

Once you've got a few bob then either your full-time job becomes managing your money or you just pay someone to do it for you.

I've got a portfolio or two of funds and other than a bit of research once in a while to ensure a bit of diversification when purchasing one I don't look at what shares etc they are invested in. If I had several million £ then I could well imagine I wouldn't even do that, I'd be enjoying my money instead.

5 minutes ago, the gardener said:

To be fair to all these celebrities it's their accountants/financial advisors arranging all these things. Do you really think that they personally investigate all the ins and outs of each investment they make and every house they buy? They don't. They tell their advisor "I wanna 'ouse in Barbados. Sort it out!". Later they are presented with a form to put their scribble on and that's about the depth of their knowledge.

Once you've got a few bob then either your full-time job becomes managing your money or you just pay someone to do it for you.

I've got a portfolio or two of funds and other than a bit of research once in a while to ensure a bit of diversification when purchasing one I don't look at what shares etc they are invested in. If I had several million £ then I could well imagine I wouldn't even do that, I'd be enjoying my money instead.

Check with accountant, before opening self satisfied trap?

2 minutes ago, wherebee said:

This.

You have lots of money, you can say to people - I don't want any tax efficient crap that a PAYE worker would not get.  Any grey issues, come check with me first.

All this ;oh, poor luvvies don't do numbers - bullshit.  None of them ever end up paying MORE tax by mistake, do they?

+1000

1 minute ago, Great Guy said:

Tbh, I honestly don't know why Walker Crisps still employ him. They must know half the country think he's a bell end. 

Another one of my "minor victory" boycotts.

None of their crispy confections shall pass til he's fucked off.

I concede that while these celebs are not financial wizards it would be easy to tell their advisors that for example, money they earn from work in the UK should be treated as normal earnings and taxed as such, not paid to an offshore company and then loaned back to them or other such wheeze.

I recant my defence of them. BURN THEM! BURN THEM!

1 minute ago, shindigger said:

Another one of my "minor victory" boycotts.

None of their crispy confections shall pass til he's fucked off.

Same here. I've written to Walkers to tell them about my boycott but not heard back from them. I'll have to escalate my email to the Managing Director.

14 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

Same here. I've written to Walkers to tell them about my boycott but not heard back from them. I'll have to escalate my email to the Managing Director.

Get a sack lineker petition. On the government website. :)

3 hours ago, the gardener said:

As someone who has been offered similar there is NO way any reasonably intelligent person could be under any illusion that these things are... above board. They sell it to you as "do you want to pay 2% income tax?" and are extremely vague in how they do it - alarm bells.

It is so obvious that they are up to something. To turn around and say "oh,  i thought it was normal to pay 4 grand tax on a million quid" is bollocks.