• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Chewing Grass

Eyes - look at and into them

I judge people by what their eyes and faces do, as such I pick up on things others tend to miss and can quite accurately judge whether what people say is above board or not.

Trump yesterday was a classic example, watch the eyes, where the focus and what they avoid.

This tells me he is not really interested in what he is talking about i.e. there were other reasons for the actions taken.

It would be interesting to go through older footage prior to or after significant events and compare what was said and the facial/eye cues to what was subsequnetly revealed.

Blair would be an interesting and somewhat challenging bloke to analyse.

41 minutes ago, chronyx said:

I was around 13 when I became aware of Blair, and I thought he was an odious self-serving slimy little shit then.

Not sure what the challenge is. xD

You know how with some people you just have to look at them to know they are a wrong 'un? 

I remember when Blair was elected, everyone was ecstatic apart from me. When questioned why I said something like:

"You trust this guy? Just look at him, he looks like he should be flogging timeshare in Tenerife!"

The guy doesn't have eyes, merely windows into the blackest depths of hell.

2 hours ago, Sgt Hartman said:

You know how with some people you just have to look at them to know they are a wrong 'un? 

I remember when Blair was elected, everyone was ecstatic apart from me. When questioned why I said something like:

"You trust this guy? Just look at him, he looks like he should be flogging timeshare in Tenerife!"

Well done you, assuming you haven't rejigged your own memory in your own favour as most people apparently do.(not being insulting, it's a real human phenomenon, memory is read/write, google and check if you doubt me. )

Regrettably I distinctly remember being taken in by Blair until at least about 1998/1999,maybe a year or two longer. A good learning experience. As this is shameful I assume I haven't rejigged this memory!

In retrospect, Blair's only good point was that he wasn't the fucking Tories. After several years of Tory bribes and sex scandals, it could only get better. Except nothing much changed.

I don't think New Labour knew who Kier Hardy was either! And they certainly knew nothing about "labour"

7 hours ago, Sgt Hartman said:

There's a video on Youtube of him doing what he does best.

5 hours ago, swissy_fit said:

Well done you, assuming you haven't rejigged your own memory in your own favour as most people apparently do.(not being insulting, it's a real human phenomenon, memory is read/write, google and check if you doubt me. )

Regrettably I distinctly remember being taken in by Blair until at least about 1998/1999,maybe a year or two longer. A good learning experience. As this is shameful I assume I haven't rejigged this memory!

I wasn't taken in either. But that's because I've always been a complete cynic about politicians (aided no doubt by anarchist upbringing). It was good to finally get the Tories out in 97 though as it seemed like they'd never go. I feel it would probably be a good idea to bring a max two terms to parties as well as prime ministers to the UK as it seems regardless of which side it is - after a couple of terms the real corruption seems to set in and they start taking the piss. 

Similarly, I was hardly celebrating when Obama got and thought the peace prize was utterly ridiculous.  For a politician, I felt he probably was a cut above the rest in terms of likeableness.  No idea how good he was otherwise. 

Edited by SCC

5 hours ago, swissy_fit said:

Like has been said I've always had a pretty healthy cynicism of PM's. Essentially all you seem to be doing is waiting for them to cock up spectacularly or get mired in some scandal, it's a cyclical process and it never seems to change.

Blair however, can't quite put my finger on it but I didn't like him from the off. He seemed to have too many teeth in his smile. Strangely enough I think he reminded me of someone I used to work with who was also a lying, mendacious arse.

I'll fully admit to not even coming close to predicting just how much of an arse he'd turn out to be.