• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

This land is my land, this land is your land....

http://www.guardian-series.co.uk/news/15652400.Borough_where_one_in_four_people_do_not_speak_English_as_first_language_given___1m_for_community_cohesion/

A borough where one if four people do not speak English as their first language has been given a £1 million grant to boost community cohesion.

Waltham Forest Council will receive the money to fund language classes and events to bring newcomers and long-term residents together.

i don't care about the grant, but one in four residents cannot speak English.  o.O  no wonder the bloody streets are gridlocked and my cockerney geezer mates are royally pissed off. 

From the article again, quoting a local councillor 

“Making new people arriving in our borough welcome is both fair and right [...] Taking action to protect the weakest and most vulnerable in society benefits every member of the community.

what?  So we let people in that cannot stand on their own two feet and the rest of us are expected to fund this madness?  

Have a read of the comments  

5 minutes ago, One percent said:

http://www.guardian-series.co.uk/news/15652400.Borough_where_one_in_four_people_do_not_speak_English_as_first_language_given___1m_for_community_cohesion/

A borough where one if four people do not speak English as their first language has been given a £1 million grant to boost community cohesion.

Waltham Forest Council will receive the money to fund language classes and events to bring newcomers and long-term residents together.

i don't care about the grant, but one in four residents cannot speak English.  o.O  no wonder the bloody streets are gridlocked and my cockerney geezer mates are royally pissed off. 

“Making new people arriving in our borough welcome is both fair and right [...] Taking action to protect the weakest and most vulnerable in society benefits every member of the community.

what?  So we let people in that cannot stand on their own two feet and the rest of us are expected to fund this madness?  

Have a read of the comments  

Not speaking English as your first language isn't the same as not speaking English. 

And from the same paper we have this:

http://www.guardian-series.co.uk/news/15648452.Waltham_Forest_and_Redbridge_have_some_of_the_highest_rates_of_homelessness_in_the_country/?ref=mrb&lp=16

Waltham Forest and Redbridge have some of the highest rates of homelessness of any areas in the country, according to new figures.

A study by housing charity Shelter has revealed the number of people who are living either on the streets or in temporary accommodation across all local authorities in England.

are the people in charge unable to see the consequences of unfettered immigration?  I guess not. 

4 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Stop immigration, stop non-contributory benefits for non-disabled, stop tax credits, and this country will have a gently falling population naturally cutting congestion, solving the housing shortage and the cost of housing, and making this a better country to live in with every single year actually being better than the last.

My only upside from that story is £1m is small change in terms of government spending. 

👍 out of reps. 

There is too much vested interest to stop immigration. It's the thing keeping the Ponzi scheme going. They don't want house prices to fall. 

2 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Stop immigration, stop non-contributory benefits for non-disabled, stop tax credits, and this country will have a gently falling population naturally cutting congestion, solving the housing shortage and the cost of housing, and making this a better country to live in with every single year actually being better than the last.

My only upside from that story is £1m is small change in terms of government spending. 

Optimistic. I reckon a massive recession would be triggered, it could go Greek as all the funny money drained from the system, and initially the population would fall very rapidly as chavski and scumski departed, workski would stay. Banks pay political parties and banks don't like recessions, so it won't happen.

Just now, swissy_fit said:

Optimistic. I reckon a massive recession would be triggered, it could go Greek as all the funny money drained from the system, and initially the population would fall very rapidly as chavski and scumski departed, workski would stay. Banks pay political parties and banks don't like recessions, so it won't happen.

Agree swissy.  Until they can't stop it happening. It is unsustainable. The infrastructure cannot cope now. How many more will they let in?  A million, two, a hundred million?  Parts already look like third world shanty towns. 

Then there is the cost. A massive deficit that they can only manage through printing. The Weimar Republic learnt that this is not a very sustainable approach. That one ended in a rather significant war iirc. 

1 minute ago, One percent said:

Agree swissy.  Until they can't stop it happening. It is unsustainable. The infrastructure cannot cope now. How many more will they let in?  A million, two, a hundred million?  Parts already look like third world shanty towns. 

Then there is the cost. A massive deficit that they can only manage through printing. The Weimar Republic learnt that this is not a very sustainable approach. That one ended in a rather significant war iirc. 

Generally not a full on tinfoilhatter but am beginning to wonder if this is actually the aim.

1 minute ago, swissy_fit said:

Generally not a full on tinfoilhatter but am beginning to wonder if this is actually the aim.

Well, there is always money to be earned from war, so plausible. I really cannot see any reason for allowing unproductive people in to live at the largess of the state. It makes no sense whatsoever. 

There must be a reason though, there always is. We just haven't identified it as yet. 

5 minutes ago, One percent said:

Well, there is always money to be earned from war, so plausible. I really cannot see any reason for allowing unproductive people in to live at the largess of the state. It makes no sense whatsoever. 

There must be a reason though, there always is. We just haven't identified it as yet. 

maxresdefault.jpg

Tell me again how you're going to destroy western Europe through mass sunni muslim immigration George!

3 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

maxresdefault.jpg

Tell me again how you're going to destroy western Europe through mass sunni muslim immigration George!

👍 feck. Out of reps again. 

Obama. I despise him more that I do Bliar and that's some feat.  

46 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

OK but the skis are more akin to us culturally than those from the stans who on top of making us pay for them want to destroy our way of life and kill us. 

54 minutes ago, One percent said:

Short term thinking?

The politician who shuts down immigration will be massively criticized - by the Left, by the bosses (Starbucks, Tesco, ...), by the banksters, by the So-Called BBC, etc... So an immediate and devastating shit-storm to ride through.

Whereas, the positive effects of stopping immigration will only become clear after a number of years, maybe a decade or more.

You can hear the sound KERCHING every time someone like that says something like that, in the context something so glib and meaningless - almost as if he's being paid to say it.

Edited by twocents

4 hours ago, swissy_fit said:

We are already at war and it's a significant war but not a traditional type of war and the guerrilla style attacks are coming increasingly thick and fast.

Edited by twocents

I'm not a believer in large scale conspiracy theories. I just don't think any of our leaders have the vision or ability to carry them out. They're nearly all short-term careerists. 

As pointed out above, no politician wants to be the one to clamp down on immigration. Just look at the global hysteria unleashed when Mr Trump proposed his travel ban.

As always, things will only change when the leaders themselves are affected. Eg, London only got a proper sewage system when things got so bad that Parliament had to close because of the stink in 1858. I think it will be the same with immigration. Only when we have Kibera-type shanty towns in every city in the UK, right by the homes of the great and good, and the public services have collapsed, will anything be done about it. 

4 hours ago, One percent said:

The Cultural Marxist will, on one hand, defend to the hilt the "God given right" for young migrant import males to go out on the mooch for young English Rose hymen to wear as some sort of metaphysical trophy necklace as part of a warped rite of passage. Yet on the other hand will openly demonise ol' Flo and Bob, who continue to live abandoned in this vortex of violent Videodrome decay, for having the temerity to object to the decline of their once-proud Ilford community, alas now overflowing with Albanian pimps and Imams walking the dog-shitted filthy concrete pavements that the local council refuses to clean, injecting skag in broad daylight outside Ilford town hall.

51 minutes ago, twocents said:

We are already at war and it's a significant war but not a traditional type of war and the guerrilla style attacks are coming increasingly thick and fast.

Thick - Parsons Green. Fast - London Bridge?

31 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

I'm not a believer in large scale conspiracy theories. I just don't think any of our leaders have the vision or ability to carry them out. They're nearly all short-term careerists. 

As pointed out above, no politician wants to be the one to clamp down on immigration. Just look at the global hysteria unleashed when Mr Trump proposed his travel ban.

As always, things will only change when the leaders themselves are affected. Eg, London only got a proper sewage system when things got so bad that Parliament had to close because of the stink in 1858. I think it will be the same with immigration. Only when we have Kibera-type shanty towns in every city in the UK, right by the homes of the great and good, and the public services have collapsed, will anything be done about it. 

If that comes about and it's definitely headed that way at the moment then it's unlikely that the traditional UK politicians will be in overall charge by then - just through voting numbers and weight of numbers.  London and elsewhere in Britain demonstrates the trend.  By then as much will be done to solve the problem as has been done in places like Kibera.  If anything is to be done about it has to be done soon - it's late but not quite too late.

I can't agree on the conspiracy aspect and I generally agree with the opinions on that subject expressed by others earlier in the thread - it's a pretty open and blatant conspiracy taking place without the consent of the people.  There's been no vote on mass immigration for instance.  I do respect your right to hold your opinion of course.  

13 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

The Cultural Marxist will, on one hand, defend to the hilt the "God given right" for young migrant import males to go out on the mooch for young English Rose hymen to wear as some sort of metaphysical trophy necklace as part of a warped rite of passage. Yet on the other hand will openly demonise ol' Flo and Bob, who continue to live abandoned in this vortex of violent Videodrome decay, for having the temerity to object to the decline of their once-proud Ilford community, alas now overflowing with Albanian pimps and Imams walking the dog-shitted filthy concrete pavements that the local council refuses to clean, injecting skag in broad daylight outside Ilford town hall.

30 years ago ilford was seen as posh. It was one of the areas that the east end working class made good moved to. Round by Vallentines park, the houses are huge. Very nice a lot of them are were. Sadly, like you say, it's a complete shit hole.

I had to take my daughter in a couple of years ago to do her theory driving test. The first time I've been for a few years. It resembled a third world country and also very unsafe. It was very enriching and enriched. o.O

30 years ago ilford was seen as posh. It was one of the areas that the east end working class made good moved to. Round by Vallentines park, the houses are huge. Very nice a lot of them are were. Sadly, like you say, it's a complete shit hole.

I had to take my daughter in a couple of years ago to do her theory driving test. The first time I've been for a few years. It resembled a third world country and also very unsafe. It was very enriching and enriched. o.O

When I last went up there, all the larger houses no longer had gardens, they had been tarmaced or graveled over as is common with the incomers.

1 minute ago, spunko2010 said:

When I last went up there, all the larger houses no longer had gardens, they had been tarmaced or graveled over as is common with the incomers.

Sad. The houses round the west side of valentines park, directly looking over the park and the streets coming away had fantastic houses. I ofte n dreamt of living there. We couldn't afford it and now, I'm really glad we couldn't. 

11 minutes ago, One percent said:

Sad. The houses round the west side of valentines park, directly looking over the park and the streets coming away had fantastic houses. I ofte n dreamt of living there. We couldn't afford it and now, I'm really glad we couldn't. 

Even in those days I believe that a lot of those big houses were being used for bedsits and flats -  London and places like Ilford were quite crowded then but nothing like now.

I imagine they've been even more subdivided internally and are much more over-occupied since those days.

Edited by twocents

5 minutes ago, twocents said:

Even in those days I believe that a lot of those big house were being used for bedsits and flats -  London and places like Ilford were quite crowded then but nothing like now.

The big Edwardian ones yes but there is also a little estate of 30s houses which always took my fancy

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/40-20+Emerson+Rd,+Ilford+IG1/@51.5697328,0.0677384,3a,75y,191.58h,78.39t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sMR_kB16M1EmVjBewjcN5-Q!2e0!4m6!1m3!3m2!1s0x47d8a6eca177173b:0xc43348b56666db9b!2sValentines+Park,+Ilford!3m1!1s0x47d8a6ec40de387f:0x2eb961ca56e393e8

sadly, a quick skip with google street view shows that a lot have had an ethnic makeover  (you can tell by the prison like railings surrounding a lot of the properties  why does the council allow this vandalism?)

The big Edwardian ones yes but there is also a little estate of 30s houses which always took my fancy

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/40-20+Emerson+Rd,+Ilford+IG1/@51.5697328,0.0677384,3a,75y,191.58h,78.39t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sMR_kB16M1EmVjBewjcN5-Q!2e0!4m6!1m3!3m2!1s0x47d8a6eca177173b:0xc43348b56666db9b!2sValentines+Park,+Ilford!3m1!1s0x47d8a6ec40de387f:0x2eb961ca56e393e8

sadly, a quick skip with google street view shows that a lot have had an ethnic makeover  (you can tell by the prison like railings surrounding a lot of the properties  why does the council allow this vandalism?)

Check the names of the councillors?  If that doesn't show anything of significance then perhaps they just don't know how to deal with people from possibly different cultures who will just ignore the rules to suit themselves.  Maybe they tried and gave up.  Maybe there's money involved and the sound KERCHING in the background - etc.