• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Thombleached

I have a compulsion, a dark secret

Whever I go shopping and using the self serve I always (without fail) steal a new "posh" bag. I've no idea why I do it but I do know that the boot of my car looks like I'm about to clean up a murder.

AIBU?

1 minute ago, Thombleached said:

Whever I go shopping and using the self serve I always (without fail) steal a new "posh" bag. I've no idea why I do it but I do know that the boot of my car looks like I'm about to clean up a murder.

AIBU?

If you’re doing it then so will I. No honour among thieves. I resent paying 10p for an un(re)usable bag when 5p so called social tax took the biscuit.

Just now, One percent said:

That comes later once he has drawn you in and groomed you with his exotic tales of posh bags. o.O

God damn you 1p, I was cocked and ready then!

1 minute ago, longtomsilver said:

If you’re doing it then so will I. No honour among thieves. I resent paying 10p for an un(re)usable bag when 5p so called social tax took the biscuit.

Morrisons are the easiest should be so inclined - they keep the posh'uns right by the self-serves

7 minutes ago, longtomsilver said:

As I'm antisocial can I claim a 5p tax refund?.

24 minutes ago, longtomsilver said:

I also resent paying 10p for an un(re)usable bag.  I think they're supposed to replace them for free if damaged.  We've been through loads. I keep telling the girlfriend next time we go shopping we'll get the split bags swapped. She always responds with who the hell gets 10p bags swapped, we're not doing that. It's the principle I tell her...she always bins them before I get chance.

1 minute ago, Northern Welsh Midlander said:

Always take a bag from the local orange coloured store... I really think the shops don't give a crap.

Bloody hell, shows how naive I am. I always dutifully press the screen to say how many I've taken. Ive visions of being done for shoplifting if I take one bo.O   

3 hours ago, Thombleached said:

AIBU?

I love self checkout. I get rid of my small change.

I can also diddle the ststem and get free stuff.

Just now, One percent said:

Bloody hell, shows how naive I am. I always dutifully press the screen to say how many I've taken. Ive visions of being done for shoplifting if I take one bo.O   

"Oh I pressed it! Your stupid machine must be on the blink! Didn't notice it hadn't charged me as I just put my card on the doodad..."

3 hours ago, Thombleached said:

AIBU?

You were being perfectly reasonable - until you used the letters A,I,B and U to ask the question "Am I Being Unreasonable"..?

Sorry mate, but at that point, your credibility disappeared faster than a monkey running through friggin' Hartlepool...!

;)

XYY

I wouldn't do it but it strikes me that a 450g of cheap tomatoes weighs the same as a 450g tin of salmon. 

How many people scan and print out barcodes from cheaper stuff and stick it on pricier items?

Strikes me as a very simple way of reducing the food bill.

16 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

I wouldn't do it but it strikes me that a 450g of cheap tomatoes weighs the same as a 450g tin of salmon. 

How many people scan and print out barcodes from cheaper stuff and stick it on pricier items?

Wasnt there a guy done for nicking 20 od thousand pound off B&Q doing similar 

He was printing out receipts for stuff  then going to the store picking up the item and returning it to the returns counter to get a refund

Was it you :D 

19 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

Used to happen before the advent of self-service as the checkout operator would never notice. Supermarkets would get done a lot with a print out of a 35cl whisky barcode being stuck over the barcode on a 1tr bottle.

You would also think supermarkets might have learnt from the security issues of customers bringing their own bags. You might recall years ago they all flogged subsidised branded plastic crates that went in a special trolley that you then put straight into the car. They disappeared due to a popular buy one get one free fraud that developed.

Two accomplices would use the crate trollies to do an identical shop and memorise how the crates were packed. One would go through the checkout and pay then take the trolley out and quickly shove it in a van. They would then go back in meet with the accomplice take over their trolley, which was often, underneath the top layer of groceries, stuffed with booze and razor blades, and go back to the same checkout operator's till and pay for an extra single item they said they had forgotten. Obviously prior to the crates, for the scam to work, the contents of the second trolley would need to be bagged up.