• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Great Guy

Do you suffer pavement rage?

I have to admit I get fed up with the general inconsideration of people in pedestrian areas.

I've been in a shopping centre and then went to get a train. Someone walked straight out of a restaurant and was looking to his right the whole time and nearly crashed into me. Then I'm going through the barriers to get the train and some woman walks right in front of me to get me to get onto the train (there was a queue). Lol, I nearly tripped the woman up as I never altered my walking speed.

Then don't get me started on people that don't acknowledge you when you open a door for them or let them go first...

Just now, Great Guy said:

I have to admit I get fed up with the general inconsideration of people in pedestrian areas.

I've been in a shopping centre and then went to get a train. Someone walked straight out of a restaurant and was looking to his right the whole time and nearly crashed into me. Then I'm going through the barriers to get the train and some woman walks right in front of me to get me to get onto the train (there was a queue). Lol, I nearly tripped the woman up as I never altered my walking speed.

Then don't get me started on people that don't acknowledge you when you open a door for them or let them go first...

Try wandering around London. 

Yes, it is the Bain of my life.  Rude obnoxious people wandering around in a daze. 

The best approach is the 1000 yard stare as I'm convinced that especially on train concourses, some people will deliberately play chicken with you as they walk towards you. Not making eye contact spoils their game 

1 minute ago, Captain Cavey said:

I’m a very fast walker and have to plot a course through crowds by instantaneously calculating the dynamic trajectory of multiple pedestrians. This all goes to shit if some twat stops dead in the middle of the path in order to text.

I generally just plow through the cunt, or at least side swipe them. Bonus if the phone goes flying.

I’m sufficiently intimidating for this to work without repercussions.

That's pretty much my method. If you are walking straight at me but staring at you phone, you will meet a braced shoulder from a 6'4" 16 stone bloke.

I will of course apologise. 

I don't go to shopping centres anymore.

Yes.

Pavement twattery is as good an excuse as any to carry and use a taser.

Multiple zaps for the fuckwits who:

- Reach the top of an escalator and then stop as if confused about how they got there.

- Stop for a conversation in the middle of a busy thoroughfare.

- Gob on the pavement.

- Walk multiple dogs on a narrow pavement. 

- Teenagers should have their own lane clearly marked with the symbol of a massive mobile phone next to a raised middle finger.

Harumph.

3 minutes ago, Captain Cavey said:

I’m a very fast walker and have to plot a course through crowds by instantaneously calculating the dynamic trajectory of multiple pedestrians. This all goes to shit if some twat stops dead in the middle of the path in order to text.

I generally just plow through the cunt, or at least side swipe them. Bonus if the phone goes flying.

I’m sufficiently intimidating for this to work without repercussions.

Respect. :)

would you like to accompany my on my commute, like in a bodyguard type of way. 

The best one I had was two idiots on an escalator going down into the underground. They each had a massive suitcase. They stepped off the escalator, put their suitcases down. And stopped. Stood there blocking the bottom of the escalator. 

How the hell no one was killed or badly injured I will never know. It was horribly scary. 

2 minutes ago, Captain Cavey said:

I have to admit I've ploughed into people before. If it's a busy pavement I don't mind moving over to make space but if they act like I'm invisible I'll crash into them.

I have to admit I think middle aged woman are the most inconsiderate. I assume they think they are untouchable as they are female.. I think guys aren't as bad as they know if they skip queues etc it could kick off.

1 minute ago, Great Guy said:

I have to admit I've ploughed into people before. If it's a busy pavement I don't mind moving over to make space but if they act like I'm invisible I'll crash into them.

I have to admit I think middle aged woman are the most inconsiderate. I assume they think they are untouchable as they are female.. I think guys aren't as bad as they know if they skip queues etc it could kick off.

Skipping queues seems to be the favoured approach of 'guests' at least at train stations where you wait to swipe your Oyster card 

14 minutes ago, Captain Cavey said:

Exactly what I do, I'm a fairly quick walker. I get the random 'stoppers' too.

The pavements in my city are really crowded with street furniture: bus stops, waste bins and even those pain in the arse sandwich boards outside shops and by the market.

33 minutes ago, One percent said:

Respect. :)

would you like to accompany my on my commute, like in a bodyguard type of way. 

The best one I had was two idiots on an escalator going down into the underground. They each had a massive suitcase. They stepped off the escalator, put their suitcases down. And stopped. Stood there blocking the bottom of the escalator. 

How the hell no one was killed or badly injured I will never know. It was horribly scary. 

Anyone does that in front of me they get a very abrupt order - Move!

Edited by Panther

Was in Sainsbury today and several women - men do not seem to do this - were using their shopping trolleys as weapons. Basically accelerating towards people with no intention of slowing, stopping or going to either side.

They just decide that they wish to go somewhere and if you are in their way then they will just hit people with the trolley.

I was so surprised by it that I didn't pull anyone up on it. Next time I will.

4 minutes ago, Panther said:

Anyone does that in front of me they get a very abrupt order - Move!

It all happened incredibly fast.  The people in front of me stopped, the escalator then deposited me into their backs and kept moving, the people behind me ploughed into my back and kept coming. I felt my legs being taken from under me. I could do nothing about it. It was a very, very, frightening experience. 

Luckily,  someone at the bottom had the foresight to do what you suggested and more importantly, picked up the suitcases. We all shot off the end of the escalator like a cork from a bottle. 

54 minutes ago, JFK said:

... people say I have a bad attitude ...

Don't make eye contact, they tend to move out of your way. Try it. 

On the occasions I've done the shoulder defence I feel guilty when I re-run it afterwards. Bit like road rage when I actually stop and confront the arsehole who annoyed me with their driving, I know I shouldn't but sometimes.........

To see organised pedestrians visit Japan and walk the pavements at the daily commute time. It is a remarkable sight.

To see worried pedestrians walk along the pavement in Japan at the daily commute time. While you will not get any direct eye contact every commuter will be looking at you from the corner of their eyes worried about your unpredictable path. I've always felt I was viewed as a pinball shot into the machine whose movements were viewed as totally haphazard and potentially hazardous.

Edited by Hopeful

24 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

Don't make eye contact, they tend to move out of your way. Try it. 

On the occasions I've done the shoulder defence I feel guilty when I re-run it afterwards. Bit like road rage when I actually stop and confront the arsehole who annoyed me with their driving, I know I shouldn't but sometimes.........

Haha :)  I tend to do the opposite, give them the 'scally stare'

41 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Was in Sainsbury today and several women - men do not seem to do this - were using their shopping trolleys as weapons. Basically accelerating towards people with no intention of slowing, stopping or going to either side.

They just decide that they wish to go somewhere and if you are in their way then they will just hit people with the trolley.

I was so surprised by it that I didn't pull anyone up on it. Next time I will.

Some fucking dozy twat was doing this the other night in Sainsbury's when I was getting supplies after training. He was dawdling along and doing that thing of turning his trolley around, without looking around to see who/what he may collide with.  Akin to a car turning from a junction without the driver looking. 

I could see this dopey twat was a shit for brains who didn't know what day of the week it was as I was following him and he was stopping/starting in the aisle.  So as he turned his trolley around, I had my foot out to gently block the legs.  He did look genuinely surprised and apologised so I just muttered 'ok', he was just a thick cunt instead of an arsey cunt.

Big pavement rage sufferer here. Phone zombies randomly stopping or changing course and people slowing walking abreast chatting blocking any way round are the worst.

Made worse when trying to navigate the underground or other enclosed space.

In general though, why do so many people walk so slowly nowadays?

I don’t know whether it’s rude self centred people or those generally unaware of their surroundings but I’ve noticed this more and more.

Maybe they’re related in this situation or one naturally leads to the other.... but even in other circumstances I’ve noticed a massive decline in situational awareness and people generally in a trance not apparently knowing what’s going on around them. 

5 minutes ago, Oskar said:

Big pavement rage sufferer here. Phone zombies randomly stopping or changing course and people slowing walking abreast chatting blocking any way round are the worst.

Obesity / general stupidity in looking at their phones / having useless irritating conversations walking along with their earphones in using the mic-earphone lead.

2 minutes ago, ste said:

I don’t know whether it’s rude self centred people or those generally unaware of their surroundings but I’ve noticed this more and more.

Maybe they’re related in this situation or one naturally leads to the other.... but even in other circumstances I’ve noticed a massive decline in situational awareness and people generally in a trance not apparently knowing what’s going on around them. 

It's astonishing.  You just watch the pavement and see about 50-75% people are walking along looking at their screens like some bit part extras in the Matrix.  The lack of awareness of someone just being able to walk right up to them and ripping their expensive phone out of their hands and legging it - maybe explains the huge rise in moped crime.

7 minutes ago, Oskar said:

My kids play hell with me and tell me that when shopping, one needs to walk slowly.  

What?  Why?  I want to get it over with as quickly as possible. 

1 minute ago, Malthus said:

People who stop just outside the doors of shops drive me nuts, think about which way you need to go before walking through the door and get the fuck out of the way 👍

People who shoot out of doors onto a busy street.  Then look at you if you don't stop,dead and let them out.