• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

Ed Milliband prepares his retunr to politics

There is a great irony is a 'world leader' (nearly) showing off his skills by appearing to sing a song, whilst the actual singing takes place elsewhere and by others.

Just now, Chewing Grass said:

Precisely, but how many of todays schoolkids and graduates have a fricking clue who Kier Hardy was or what he stood for!

I wondered whether that would fall on stony ground!o.O

8 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Precisely, but how many of todays schoolkids and graduates have a fricking clue who Kier Hardy was or what he stood for!

Wasnt he a burlesque dancer? With the balloons and feathers?

6 minutes ago, One percent said:

Well youse lot are no better, it's Hardie. B|

I went to a comprehensive so my grammar is appaling and my spelling can be a bit wayward.

Head teacher wore a deer stalker had and was waiting for retirement, half the teachers were hippies so taught us freee thinking and discussion rather than what we were supposed to be studying. Geography teacher taught us how to play Canasta and the History teacher was the Soviet Unions biggest fan.

Working in engineering all the above has stood me in good stead over the years as I can generally analyse and solve problems the degree boys can't.

1 minute ago, The XYY Man said:

No.

That was Manny Shinwell...

XYY

Im getting the Labur party mixed up with some half arsed end of the pier show these days.

What with Ed Dancing Balls.

And Jezza doing his 'One foot in the grave' routine.

And Diane Abbot doing the bearded lady//fat lady on a bike thang.

3 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

No.

That was Manny Shinwell...

XYY

Anyhow, i I remember correct, you voted for Tony 'Find the ball under the cups; Blair.

2 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

I went to a comprehensive so my grammar is appaling and my spelling can be a bit wayward.

Head teacher wore a deer stalker had and was waiting for retirement, half the teachers were hippies so taught us freee thinking and discussion rather than what we were supposed to be studying. Geography teacher taught us how to play Canasta and the History teacher was the Soviet Unions biggest fan.

Working in engineering all the above has stood me in good stead over the years as I can generally analyse and solve problems the degree boys can't.

Comprehensive for me too and what you say resonates. Our geography teacher had a very large PE slipper. He would write SID backwards on it with chalk. Anyone who misbehaved, or to whom he just took a disliking to, walked round with SID on their bum for the rest of the day.. 

1 minute ago, spygirl said:

Im getting the Labur party mixed up with some half arsed end of the pier show these days.

You've not lived until you've heard the original version of "Don't Leave Me This Way" by Harold Wilson and the Red Notes...

3 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Anyhow, i I remember correct, you voted for Tony 'Find the ball under the cups; Blair.

xD  sums them up well

Just now, The XYY Man said:

You've not lived until you've heard the original version of "Don't Leave Me This Way" by Harold Wilson and the Red Notes...

You're mixing 50s/60s Black/soul music with some washed up never been singing 'My old man'.

Ive been watching the old TOTP on BBC4.

I liked Thelma Houston cover.

Big girl, no bra, dancing. You were spoil  in the 70s.

22 minutes ago, spygirl said:

You're mixing 50s/60s Black/soul music with some washed up never been singing 'My old man'.

Not quite - but that you mentioned the Thelma Houston version showed you at least got the song, if not the joke.

The original hit-version of "Don't Leave Me This Way" was by Harold MELVIN and the BLUE Notes.

Harold WILSON was leader of the Labour Party through the 60s and early-70s - and Prime Minister of 2 Labour Governments of the time. Labour's colour is RED

Can you now see how my cunning juxtaposition of key words created the name on a fictional singing group - Harold Wilson and the Red Notes - that sounded plausible in a list of ex-Labour MPs who ended-up singing in the Northern clubs...?

No...?

See me after class you daft cunt...

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man