• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Dave Bloke

Huge victory for women in the equal pay war

the So-Called BBC's Mishal Husein claims to have won "a huge victory for poor women everywhere" in getting her salary bumped up to 650K the same as Jon Humphries. That's a 400K increase. I don't suppose the 6000 or so poor women who go out to work to pay her salary via the license fee would agree.

https://twitter.com/MishalHusainBBC/status/928888783830953984

Edited by davidg

Why not reduce the salaries of the male presenters.  Just sayin.  They wouldn't resign.  Interestingly Mishal gets paid a bomb every year to present the Law Society Annual Awards.

Tbh, £650k to present the news is absolutedly ludicrous. The only skill they really need is a good speaking voice and to be reasonably attractive. I honestly think £50k a year is ample for this type of skill set.

6 minutes ago, davidg said:

the So-Called BBC's Mishal Husein claims to have won "a huge victory for poor women everywhere" in getting her salary bumped up to 650K the same as Jon Humphries. That's a 400K increase. I don't suppose the 6000 or so poor women who go out to work to pay her salary via the license fee would agree.

Flippin 'eck

6 minutes ago, davidg said:

More the large number of poor women whove been jailed for not paying bbc license fee.

Bbc have jailed more mums than any 3rd world tinpot dictator.

As far as radio presenters go, id have a top end text to spee pch device reading out the scripts given to the presenters.

2 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

Tbh, £650k to present the news is absolutedly ludicrous. The only skill they really need is a good speaking voice and to be reasonably attractive. I honestly think £50k a year is ample for this type of skill set.

A pro text to speech application could do it.

10 minutes ago, Ina said:

Why not reduce the salaries of the male presenters.  Just sayin.  They wouldn't resign.  Interestingly Mishal gets paid a bomb every year to present the Law Society Annual Awards.

You could easily replace them all and within a week people would have forgotten these 'superstar presenters' even existed.

Honestly, there must be so many Unemployed actors working in Starbucks that could do this job.

This story has done a lot to make me stop paying my licence. I bet many people struggle to pay their licence and then the So-Called BBC gives out obscene salaries to bog standard presenters.

ffs, the salary for this presenter is equal to 4500 TV licences. It's about 20 hours work on minimum wage to pay for the TV licence.

20 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

The only skill they really need is a good speaking voice and to be reasonably attractive.

Mishal is on the radio, the only asset she had - being a reasonably attractive  gimmigrant, is completely wasted.

Edited by davidg

1 minute ago, davidg said:

Mishal is on the radio, the only asset she had - being a reasonably attractive third gimmigrant, is completely wasted.

She makes quite a few grammatical mistakes in her speech. Standards have slipped at the So-Called BBC. 

31 minutes ago, Ina said:

Why not reduce the salaries of the male presenters.  Just sayin.  They wouldn't resign.  Interestingly Mishal gets paid a bomb every year to present the Law Society Annual A

They managed that trick for some of their sports presenters

26 minutes ago, spygirl said:

More the large number of poor women whove been jailed for not paying bbc license fee.

Bbc have jailed more mums than any 3rd world tinpot dictator.

As far as radio presenters go, id have a top end text to spee pch device reading out the scripts given to the presenters.

A pro text to speech application could do it.

Spot on.

The So-Called BBC regularly had hundreds of women per year banged up for non payment of the TV license in the 1990s

The article should read a ' Huge Victory For Posh Oxbridge Educated Women' who will now earn the same as their equally Posh Male Oxbridge Colleagues all paid for by the peasantry of both sexes.

Edited by Virgil Caine

3 minutes ago, Virgil Caine said:

They managed that trick for some of their sports presenters

Spot on.

The So-Called BBC regularly had hundreds of women per year banged up for non payment of the TV license in the 1990s

The article should read a ' Huge Victory For Posh Oxbridge Educated Women' who will now earn the same as their equally Posh Male Oxbridge Colleagues all paid for by the peasantry of both sexes.

HMRC and the Licence Fee is all about extracting the maximum possible revenue out of the people  without provoking civil unrest.  The opium of the masses in 2017 is Strictly not religion.  I worked at Wakefield Magistrates' Court in the 80 s and 90 s.     Watching those poor women being sent down makes me a revolutionary to this day.

Just now, Ina said:

HMRC and the Licence Fee is all about extracting the maximum possible revenue out of the people  without provoking civil unrest.  The opium of the masses in 2017 is Strictly not religion.  I worked at Wakefield Magistrates' Court in the 80 s and 90 s.     Watching those poor women being sent down makes me a revolutionary to this day.

Have you any factual data on this. Ive tried backing up my rants to people about the amount of women they lock up but cant quite find any trustworthy  facts online.

1 minute ago, Ina said:

How do the magistrates sleep at night? They must know that what they are doing is deeply morally wrong. I guess they are just following orders. 

1 minute ago, Poseidon said:

Have you any factual data on this. Ive tried backing up my rants to people about the amount of women they lock up but cant quite find any trustworthy  facts online.

I don't only anecdotal.  I genuinely believe it is suppressed for obvious reasons.

4 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4130060/More-women-men-jailed-TV-licenses.html

According to a freedom of information request, 20 women and 19 men were jailed in 2015 for failing to pay their fine.

Quite an interesting angle on the story. If campaigners against the So-Called BBC can successfully brand the tax as an attack on women then bbc is in trouble.  

12 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

It was pretty common in the 1990s.

In one year 292 women got jailed for non payment about a third of the total.  

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/courts-jail-845-for-not-paying-tv-licence-fines-1428836.html

It is no longer a criminal offence though presumably you can still be jailed for non payment of a JS or similar civil court order.

I would not mind the TV license if there was anything worth watching and the So-Called BBC did not spunk the money way on the likes of Lineker and Husain who will be earning more in a year than most of the population do in two decades. the So-Called BBC is the state broadcasting version of the civil service and employees like Husain should be paid similar salaries to Civil Servants. If they want private sector salaries they should work for the Commercial channels.

Edited by Virgil Caine

12 minutes ago, whitevanman said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4130060/More-women-men-jailed-TV-licenses.html

According to a freedom of information request, 20 women and 19 men were jailed in 2015 for failing to pay their fine.

Quite an interesting angle on the story. If campaigners against the So-Called BBC can successfully brand the tax as an attack on women then bbc is in trouble.  

It was much higher decades ago.  In 2017 TPTB wouldn't dare.

12 minutes ago, Virgil Caine said:

It was pretty common in the 1990s.

In one year 292 women got jailed for non payment about a third of the total.  

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/courts-jail-845-for-not-paying-tv-licence-fines-1428836.html

It is no longer a criminal offence though presumably you can still be jailed for non payment of a JS or similar civil court order.

I would not mind the TV license if there was anything worth watching and the So-Called BBC did not spunk the money way on the likes of Lineker and Husain who will be earning more in a year than most of the population do in two decades. the So-Called BBC is the state broadcasting version of the civil service and employees like Husain should be paid similar salaries to Civil Servants. If they want private sector salaries they should work for the Commercial channels.

Interesting the 2 blokes who wrote Yes Minister and Yes Prime Minister were employed by the so called BBC in the sixties and not the Civil Service.  The late great Anthony Jay stated it was no different to working at the Home Office.

8 minutes ago, Ina said:

Interesting the 2 blokes who wrote Yes Minister and Yes Prime Minister were employed by the so called BBC in the sixties and not the Civil Service.  The late great Anthony Jay stated it was no different to working at the Home Office.

Over staffed, wrongly staffed, unresponsive to change, expensive, etc.

1 hour ago, davidg said:

Mishal is on the radio, the only asset she had - being a reasonably attractive  gimmigrant, is completely wasted.

You clearly missed her chairing the leadership debate. Many of us understand now why they put her behind a desk. Sometimes it's best not to see behind the curtain.