• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Carl Fimble

Most calorific foods

I, for some reason read everything, including nutritional labels on food. I have not encountered a food which has a higher kcal count per 100grams than the gloriously delicious, and very Christmassy Ferrero Rocher :

603kcal/100g

https://www.ferrero.co.uk/ferrero-rocher

Can that be beaten? 

Thread partly inspired by @steppensheep's one on calories bought. Partly my me loving getting a box of Ferrero Rocher on my birthday or at Christmas.

Edited by Carl Fimble
the not he

1 minute ago, ILikeCake said:

Most nuts are very calorie dense.  Just checked Google and Macadamias are the highest at 718/100g.

Wow! I may have to replace the Ferrero Rocher in the fallout shelter with Macademia nuts!

4 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Seen them in costco this morning.

Oooh! Buy one and start a new thread to describe just how amazing it please. Photos of it as you work your way through it too. I'm imagining it would need to be attempted in multiple sessions, with lots of tea. 

I bet it's a fucking hollow shell with individual normal sized ones inside, or some other shitty disappointment. 

2 minutes ago, ILikeCake said:

Get both.

I'll need the get a fallout shelter first, and probably water and shit before luxuries. Only really got a blanket, some candles and a couple of Lidl dark chocolate bars arm, no nuts at all. 

Just now, Carl Fimble said:

Oooh! Buy one and start a new thread to describe just how amazing it please. Photos of it as you work your way through it too. I'm imagining it would need to be attempted in multiple sessions, with lots of tea. 

I bet it's a fucking hollow shell with individual normal sized ones inside, or some other shitty disappointment. 

I didn't buy one. It felt very light. Did almost get the 5 pack of ferrero rochers but didn't.
Bought a packet of coconut things wih chocolate on.  coconut macaroons apparently. They are bloody delicious and I will be disappearing to make a cuppa and have another one shortly.

15 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

I'll need the get a fallout shelter first, and probably water and shit before luxuries. Only really got a blanket, some candles and a couple of Lidl dark chocolate bars arm, no nuts at all. 

I see you have abandoned the island plan then?

39 minutes ago, ILikeCake said:

Most nuts are very calorie dense.  Just checked Google and Macadamias are the highest at 718/100g.

and they're my least favourite nut. Not much in the way of flavour IMO. I much prefer a walnut or cashew.

I eat a handful of each every night and since I started doing that (since summer) I find I can fall asleep within 10 mins of head hitting the piliow. Don't know why, but it works for me

But back OT. I'd imagine fudge is probably quite dense in calories

18 minutes ago, Thombleached said:

and they're my least favourite nut. Not much in the way of flavour IMO. I much prefer a walnut or cashew.

I eat a handful of each every night and since I started doing that (since summer) I find I can fall asleep within 10 mins of head hitting the piliow. Don't know why, but it works for me

Hmmm, might suggest that to my shit at sleeping wife.

Fudge surprisingly is 428kcal/100g, according to this website with some lovely looking cream pies at the top of the page :

http://www.fudgekitchen.co.uk/caring-for-fudge/

9_9

1 minute ago, The Masked Tulip said:

In the past week I have become addicted Tunnocks caramel wafer biscuits, especially as Home Bargains sell them so cheap. I may be pregnant.

You may well be hooked now, you lot should stay away from our food, Tunnocks stuff is mostly deep fried heroin coated in chocolate.

Just now, Carl Fimble said:

You may well be hooked now, you lot should stay away from our food, Tunnocks stuff is mostly deep fried heroin coated in chocolate.

I am.

There is a Welsh equivalent - Tregoes caramel waffles - which are delicious but I only have ate a handful in my entire life. I think the shape is not pocket friendly.

There probably should be some kind of war between the two.

tregroes3.jpg

27 minutes ago, Thombleached said:

Both are rich in magnesium - especially the cashews - which relaxes you and helps enable sleep.

1 minute ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I am.

There is a Welsh equivalent - Tregoes caramel waffles - which are delicious but I only have ate a handful in my entire life. I think the shape is not pocket friendly.

tregroes3.jpg

Yes, but we must fight together, once you have released yourself from the grip of your Tunnocks addiction anyway.

30 minutes ago, Thombleached said:

I thought that about sugar but its no where near the macadamia nut ...what the fuck they put in ferrero rocher i have not got a clue

Totally off topic but....

I'm on a bus, it's one of the dodgier of Edinburgh's busses though two idiots were at the front of the top deck. One was a boy of 18-20, the other a girl of similar age. Both mmature, him camp as could be, and loud, really loud. I had my tunes in so managed to ignore them for a while. The journey is long though and they eventually started to really piss me off, throwing an empty bottle at each other etc. I did not glare or say anything at first as I thought they, or the boy at least may have been developmentally retarded. I think they were just dicks though. He started saying "This is our stop, is it?", I though, then said "fingers crossed". They left the bus a stop or two later and as they went down the stairs the boy said "Byeee!" irritatingly, some guy in front of me said "bye, thank god" and another guy behind me said "fucking hell, you read my mind mate. Jesus,  is this what the future holds for us? pricks like that?"

Ha!

3 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Haggis around 250 per 100g.

Black Pudding around 300.

You can enjoy so much more proper food than that Ferrero shite Karl...

XYY

Oh I do, bacon rolls tomorrow then home made chocolate cake with loads of tea.

Haggis and black pusding are great, Ferrero Rocher have a special place in my memories though.

55 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I am.

tregroes3.jpg

A rip off of stroopwaffels. The only other contribution the Dutch have made to cuisine is proper pea soup (erwtensoep).

I used to think that if everything fell to pieces for me, I could make a fortune importing these two victuals, since NL is close by, and for some reason nobody's thought of doing this. Now half my imaginary business has imploded.