• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
The Idiocrat

The normalisation of female obesity

15 minutes ago, MrPin said:

It IS normal for some women to be fat. I don't understand some posters' obsession with fat ladies, but there will be a site for that, and magazines.

Fill yer boots!

Agreed there is sometimes a genuine medical condition.

Richard Griffiths / Uncle Monty said that he was so thin as a child that the doctors were concerned and decided to do an experimental treatment on his thyroid gland; possibly radiation but I forget.

Anyway they succeeded in slowing down his metabolism. They succeeded only too well and he went from being the skinniest kid in the class to the fattest and had to live with it his whole life.

Steroids also make you gain weight and are thrown around a lot.

Apart from that it isn't normal as any photograph up to even the 1980s will show you: there are hardly any fat people.

We all know why: cheap food, delivered takeaway, cheap booze, cars for everyone, smaller homes making people feel like miserable prisoners so that they comfort eat.

It now takes sustained effort not to be fat within that environment and that effort should be encouraged and applauded.

You don't want people hearing the message through the media that it's great to be fat because it really isn't.

Adele now looks like the star she always sounded like; good on her for doing something about it.

2 minutes ago, MrPin said:

I notice KFC has reopened for drive in meals, @Frank Hovis. The queue was incredible. That stuff will keep you fat.

That is actually a fast food that I like; though I don't eat it much for just that reason. I used to live near one in the 90s but I don't think I've had one in the UK this century.

I just don't do takeaways.

1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

That is actually a fast food that I like; though I don't eat it much for just that reason. I used to live near one in the 90s but I don't think I've had one in the UK this century.

I just don't do takeaways.

It's a once in a while thing. Last time I went to KFC was when I didn't want to join in with the corporate Xmas meal, 5 years ago.

Just now, Knickerless Turgid said:

I have never eaten a KFC meal.

True story.

I've never paid to go to a football match.

Just now, Knickerless Turgid said:

How do you manage to break in through the turnstiles?

Local games are free for everybody to see.