Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

The normalisation of female obesity


Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, Fully Detached said:

It's interesting that this normalisation of female obesity seems to have coincided with an expectation on men to buff up and get in shape. At the same time as women are busily celebrating the fact that they're fat, young lads are hitting the gym and getting all insecure that they aren't more muscular.

Yep - when I'm in bars with blokes around me who are say 10-15 years younger than me, it's obvious how tough the competition is - a big percentage of them are obviously hitting the gym in a big way. Again, 15 years ago when I was 18 none of us went anywhere near a gym - I didn't even know anyone who lifted weights.

Blokes in better shape hitting on women in worse shape!

Edited by JoeDavola
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

She thought it said Demand Butter

It's not like we're taking the piss of random overweight women in the street. Its the fact that she's trying to promote her gluttonous lack of self control as  positive lifestyle that is reeping

Posted Images

1 minute ago, JoeDavola said:

Yep - when I'm in bars with blokes around me who are say 10-15 years younger than me, it's obvious how tough the competition is - a big percentage of them are obviously hitting the gym in a big way. Again, 15 years ago when I was 18 none of us went anywhere near a gym - I didn't even know anyone who lifted weights.

Blokes in better shape hitting on women in worse shape!

Indeed, it's a funny old world we're living it at the moment. I have a growing feeling that as a society we're probably far less happy now than we ever have been, and that's manifesting in these bizarre perversions of normality.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Yep - when I'm in bars with blokes around me who are say 10-15 years younger than me, it's obvious how tough the competition is - a big percentage of them are obviously hitting the gym in a big way. Again, 15 years ago when I was 18 none of us went anywhere near a gym - I didn't even know anyone who lifted weights.

Blokes in better shape hitting on women in worse shape!

The answer here Joe is not to go out to bars. There are still a ton of women at yoga classes, and almost no men.  Last class I went to there were 40 women there, and I was the only bloke.  A single bloke in moderately good shape would totally clean up. 

Edited by SCC
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fully Detached said:

Indeed, it's a funny old world we're living it at the moment. I have a growing feeling that as a society we're probably far less happy now than we ever have been, and that's manifesting in these bizarre perversions of normality.

Swings and roundabouts.  In the 60s and 70s men got easily the best deal out of dating / relationships / marriage so women started standing up for themsleves and men started backing down and now after forty years of sustained pressure (legal (divorce laws, child custody), propaganda (body shaming, fat accepatnce), academic (gender studies, feminism studies)) women get easily the best deal out of d / r / m. 

And now the manosphere has begun to get men standing up for themselves, with the first wave being the growth in the refusal by men to get married, so the pendulum will start swinging the other way again.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Frank Hovis said:

Swings and roundabouts.  In the 60s and 70s men got easily the best deal out of dating / relationships / marriage so women started standing up for themsleves and men started backing down and now after forty years of sustained pressure (legal (divorce laws, child custody), propaganda (body shaming, fat accepatnce), academic (gender studies, feminism studies)) women get easily the best deal out of d / r / m. 

And now the manosphere has begun to get men standing up for themselves, with the first wave being the growth in the refusal by men to get married, so the pendulum will start swinging the other way again.  

Good point. What would be really great would be if the pendulum could just settle down in the middle, then we could all be happy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SCC said:

The answer here Joe is not to go out to bars. There are still a ton of women at yoga classes, and almost no men.  Last class I went to there were 40 women there, and I was the only bloke.  A single bloke in moderately good shape would totally clean up. 

My last hot yoga class i just took my top off as there was no point having it on. Dripping !!

I have no idea if the burds in the class felt nauseous or liked my sweaty body. None of them vomited which is a good sign. 

1 minute ago, Fully Detached said:

Good point. What would be really great would be if the pendulum could just settle down in the middle, then we could all be happy.

Not just on this subject but on others such as the pc culture etc - the early to mid 90's were clearly a hot spot for me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Fully Detached said:

Good point. What would be really great would be if the pendulum could just settle down in the middle, then we could all be happy.

Yes, but unlikely.  The people pushing it at either end are the extremists - man-haters or women-haters - and what they're saying is always going to strike some chords.

I dipped into a MGTOW forum a few years ago, a lot of it was downright offensive about women but some threads had me thinking "Hmm, they have a point with that".

The prime example is what a lemon marriage now is for men, particularly men with wealth, whether inherited or self made, or with possible high earning power.  In the event of divorce you lose half of it or more, as John Cleese showed recently, even if it's not your fault.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

There are loads of cases of squaddies with severe and permanent knee and hip problems.

Most of it is caused by the stupidly heavy kit that they are required to yomp around with.

I know it would cost money but the army really should be making every effort to lighten their kit as they are literally crippling their soldiers.

It's interesting to see UK soldiers in Afghanistan hulking around 80lbs of kit fighting Taliban with an ak47 over their shoulder, a bit of bread in their pocket and cruising about on a Honda cub.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, SCC said:

I think that's a tad unfair. I suspect her clothes are sagging under the weight of water/gravity. See here for a more normal pic. 

https://www.popsugar.co.uk/celebrity/Dirty-Dancing-Remake-Pictures-2017-43408261?utm_medium=redirect&utm_campaign=US:GB&utm_source=www.google.co.uk

Yes, she is a lass who will probably have to watch her weight after children/as she gets older - but she's by no means obese. 

Fair, hadn't seen any other pictures.  she's still a bit chubby though.  hard enough to lift

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Fully Detached said:

I think this is as much about the destruction of masculinity as the rise of girl power. Girls can be whatever they want, blokes have to conform to the image the girls set. Maybe it's revenge for the repression of women throughout history. Quite a lot like the destruction of whiteness we're starting to see - blacks calling for reparations and what have you.

Excellent post. I think a big factor is that it basically says girls don't have to make any effort, so they can self-indulge because "they're worth it" (there's a reason that narcissstic advertising slogan has been so successful). My teenage son is already hitting the gym and plays lots of sport, although I like to think that's more out of sef-respect than feeling pressured by female-centric society. Indeed, self-respect is obviously something a lot of these huge women lack.

15 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Yes, but unlikely.  The people pushing it at either end are the extremists - man-haters or women-haters - and what they're saying is always going to strike some chords.

I dipped into a MGTOW forum a few years ago, a lot of it was downright offensive about women but some threads had me thinking "Hmm, they have a point with that".

The prime example is what a lemon marriage now is for men, particularly men with wealth, whether inherited or self made, or with possible high earning power.  In the event of divorce you lose half of it or more, as John Cleese showed recently, even if it's not your fault.

Quite right, and life does indeed cycle between extremes. Hence alt-right in response to the left going too far. I think you're right in that a lot of men are waking up and this will grow. I am teaching my son that he should be proud of his gender and its achievements (watched Apollo 13 the other day - all male heroes) and to spot when the media berates it. I'm not into MGTOW and certainly not PUA but red pill makes sense as it is centred on male self-respect and the reality that there are some great women out there but a lot of nasty ones that a self-respecting man would not accept. It'll take 20 years but it's swinging back again towards the centre.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure.  There is an ancient history of adoration of the overweight female (well, apparently, I wasn't there at the time), eg the Venus of Willendorf:

047bf4bff131b787c38c03a0b24241f1.jpg

Perhaps there is a kind of 'switch' (ie, epigenetics) which makes fat women more attractive at certain environmental times, allowing some people to find them attractive all the time (eg, Benny Hill)? Perhaps women see this more often than men (when comparing their own mate-attractiveness with others).

[Of course, it is possible that these ancient figurines are actually part of a neolithic fat-shaming cult.  Certainly the girl who modelled for the above didn't want to be recognised...  Anyway, who knows...]

 

 

Edited by dgul
Link to post
Share on other sites

She is only 20 as well. A typical woman of that size at age 20 would likely be seriously overweight by their 30s. I had a look at my old school yearbook prompted by this thread, there were only 2 girls in the year as big as her.

May I recommend badminton or beach volleyball/hall volleyball? As well as being excellent sport/recreation for the gentleman who is maybe no longer up to playing football with 21 years olds, there are also always lots of energetic younger women around.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, dgul said:

I'm not sure.  There is an ancient history of adoration of the overweight female (well, apparently, I wasn't there at the time), eg the Venus of Willendorf:

Perhaps there is a kind of 'switch' (ie, epigenetics) which makes fat women more attractive at certain environmental times, allowing some people to find them attractive all the time (eg, Benny Hill)? Perhaps women see this more often than men (when comparing their own mate-attractiveness with others).

[Of course, it is possible that these ancient figurines are actually part of a neolithic fat-shaming cult.  Certainly the girl who modelled for the above didn't want to be recognised...  Anyway, who knows...]

Interesting point, but then what is the explanation for the size zero female trend a few years ago? - basically women with no curves looking like pre-pubescent boys. It certainly wasn't straight men who were putting pressure on them as it looks awful. It seems to definitely be that it is women who put immense pressure on other women on how they should look. Another example: the coco the clown makeup look of young women these days, no men find that attractive, young or old. It is the pressure women put on eachother to conform, and as alluded to in several posts above, the media and business willing to take advantage of them too.

Edited by The Idiocrat
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, The Idiocrat said:

Interesting point, but then what is the explanation for the size zero female trend a few years ago? - basically women with no curves looking like pre-pubescent boys. It certainly wasn't straight men who were putting pressure on them as it looks awful. It seems to definitely be that it is women who put immense pressure on other women on how they should look. Another example: the coco the clown makeup look of young women these days, no men find that attractive, young or old. It is the pressure women put on eachother to conform, and as alluded to in several posts above, the media and business willing to take advantage of them too.

Yes.  I've decided that women don't know what men look for in them, the same way that men don't know what women look for in them.  Both sides are bonkers most of the time.

But, there might an environmental switch that triggers fat-loving (frequent famines) and stick-loving (always feast), both influenced by society's particular fetishes at any point in time (possibly driven by individuals who's epigenetic switch has broken).

Edited by dgul
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, The Idiocrat said:

Excellent post. I think a big factor is that it basically says girls don't have to make any effort, so they can self-indulge because "they're worth it" (there's a reason that narcissstic advertising slogan has been so successful). My teenage son is already hitting the gym and plays lots of sport, although I like to think that's more out of sef-respect than feeling pressured by female-centric society. Indeed, self-respect is obviously something a lot of these huge women lack.

Quite right, and life does indeed cycle between extremes. Hence alt-right in response to the left going too far. I think you're right in that a lot of men are waking up and this will grow. I am teaching my son that he should be proud of his gender and its achievements (watched Apollo 13 the other day - all male heroes) and to spot when the media berates it. I'm not into MGTOW and certainly not PUA but red pill makes sense as it is centred on male self-respect and the reality that there are some great women out there but a lot of nasty ones that a self-respecting man would not accept. It'll take 20 years but it's swinging back again towards the centre.

Yes that's actually going to be quite a huge thing, I think. We'll end up in a situation where the majority of the lads have huge self respect and the natural happiness that comes from being healthy (excluding those who get the whole bigorexia thing), and the majority of girls with almost zero genuine (i.e. not from the "I'm worth it" mantra) self respect and the natural unhappiness that comes from being unhealthy.

Which comes back to Frank's point about the pendulum swinging. I guess as some point the lads will decide the 8-stone-soaking-wet look is more than acceptable in a world where the girls don't feel the need to make any effort.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, dgul said:

Yes.  I've decided that women don't know what men look for in them, the same way that men don't know what women look for in them.  Both sides are bonkers most of the time.

But, there might an environmental switch that triggers fat-loving (frequent famines) and stick-loving (always feast), both influenced by society's particular fetishes at any point in time (possibly driven by individuals who's epigenetic switch has broken).

I came to the conclusion some time ago that women have given up on using men's opinions as a barometer, and instead started using women's opinions instead. Maybe that explains why some girls go out with virtually everything on display yet seem to think that blokes have no right to be attracted to that or have any sort of opinion about it whatsoever.

What I find quite hard to understand is why would you lay yourself open to judgement from your own, fiercely competitive sex, when in the majority of cases, you're seeking a partner of the far less complicated opposite sex.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Fully Detached said:

I came to the conclusion some time ago that women have given up on using men's opinions as a barometer, and instead started using women's opinions instead. Maybe that explains why some girls go out with virtually everything on display yet seem to think that blokes have no right to be attracted to that or have any sort of opinion about it whatsoever.

What I find quite hard to understand is why would you lay yourself open to judgement from your own, fiercely competitive sex, when in the majority of cases, you're seeking a partner of the far less complicated opposite sex.

Among the many falacies about "feminist marketing" (eg. all women are naturally empathetic and considerate) is that women look after eachother through the "sisterhood". It's men who are naturally much more team players and the biggest back-stabbers I have seen in the workplace and in the world of love are females on eachother. An obvious one is that most women say they would rather have a male boss than a female one (and I've had several female bosses over the years, and they were all nothing short of excellent except for the bullying, pompous narcissist who ran an off licence chain and treated her staff like minion shits - I was on a summer student job and took it upon myself to tell properly her what a cow she was in order to stand up for the permanent staff - I was escorted off the premises with a smile my face whilst the shop manager thanked me and patted me on the back).

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sgt Hartman said:

Anecdotal but I've got a few female friends that shared houses with male flatmates and female flatmates. 

Without exception they said they would rather flatshare with boys, one of them went as far as to say she found living with six other girls "a complete fucking nightmare".

In my last year of uni, I made the mistake of offering a room to a girl I knew who was in a bit of a pickle with accomodation so I offered to help her out. I knew she could be a bit hard work but I thought it was workable.

Nothing, absolutely nothing could have prepared me for the levels of utter sociopathy and bitchiness that followed once she got her claws into the other female flatmates. I could write an essay on it but I'll just say I was seriously made to regret my decision and learnt an important lesson in life about how some people operate.

I'm still mates with the two guys from the house and, when we meet up, I buy them a beer once in a while to apologise for putting them through that. 

 

Flat full of blokes + lino floor in the bathroom = peace and harmony. And not too much smell of piss.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Too much victim culture, male or female. Sloping shoulders! Won't take responsibility. Sometimes you make a mistake and there's nobody to blame but your bloody self for the outcome. Been there several times. Get up again.

Feminism has become a parody of what it was.

Of course women should have a vote, and the right to own property. Of course they should be employed in a job because  they are as good as any bloke in the same role. In my experience I think we have that.

If you think you are a victim, you will be!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MrPin said:

Too much victim culture, male or female. Sloping shoulders! Won't take responsibility. Sometimes you make a mistake and there's nobody to blame but your bloody self for the outcome. Been there several times. Get up again.

Feminism has become a parody of what it was.

Of course women should have a vote, and the right to own property. Of course they should be employed in a job because  they are as good as any bloke in the same role. In my experience I think we have that.

If you think you are a victim, you will be!

 

Thanks Pin -- this is a great point.

As a middle class white guy I sometimes consider myself blessed* -- in that every time I make a mistake, or something bad happens, or someone is cross with me, I am clear at all times in my own mind that I am to blame.  But that empowers me to try to avoid that thing happening in the future by behaving in a different way, trying in a different way, etc.  While I'm sure that anyone in a different demographic group sometimes is actually discriminated against, there will always be an internalised cry of 'it isn't fair', whether it is discrimination or not -- this encourages a 'victim' state of mind even where there should be none.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • spunko featured this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...