• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
sarahbell

co2 extraction

Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-41816332
 

"If you have to pay $100 per tonne of CO2 that makes roughly 25 cents per litre of gasoline," said Jan Wurzbacher.

It can capture about 900 tonnes of CO2 every year. It is then pumped to a large greenhouse a few hundred metres away, where it helps grow bigger vegetables.

Unfortunately, that does feck all to remove CO2 or address climate change. The only way to redress our contribution to rising CO2 is to send the C back to a long term store, such as back to the geological store from where it was recentlly, extracted. Growing veg just removes the C until the veg is eaten and the C respired back to CO2, whether eaten and respired by you, or by microbes as you or the veg rots. So the scheme just puts a very small lag in the system. Still, they'll claim C credits, which is what it's all about. A fraud.

Edited by Hopeful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hopeful said:

A fraud.


Yes where as planting trees and not cutting them down captures carbon until the trees fall down all on their own. Or is chopped up and burnt or turned into bog paper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

Unfortunately, that does feck all to remove CO2 or address climate change. The only way to redress our contribution to rising CO2 is to send the C back to a long term store, such as back to the geological store from where it was recentlly, extracted. Growing veg just removes the C until the veg is eaten and the C respired back to CO2, whether eaten and respired by you, or by microbes as you or the veg rots. So the scheme just puts a very small lag in the system. Still, they'll claim C credits, which is what it's all about. A fraud.

No, the solution to rising co2 is to produce less co2.

Everything we do seems to be about adapting technology to allow us to continue doing everything the same way.   We have a problem with car emissions?  Electric cars!  Oh, but also car density... Self-driving electric cars!  The solution to the car problem is for people to travel less.

Similarly for house heating (have colder houses), travel (fly abroad less), manufacturing (buy less junk).

But we keep on having these 'marvellous' things that allow us to continue behaving badly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dgul said:

No, the solution to rising co2 is to produce less co2.

Everything we do seems to be about adapting technology to allow us to continue doing everything the same way.   We have a problem with car emissions?  Electric cars!  Oh, but also car density... Self-driving electric cars!  The solution to the car problem is for people to travel less.

Similarly for house heating (have colder houses), travel (fly abroad less), manufacturing (buy less junk).

But we keep on having these 'marvellous' things that allow us to continue behaving badly.

Well yes, but I did say 'redress our contribution'. If you could bury C and liberate O as fast as we extract C and oxidise it, all would be hunky dory. That scheme of fans and veg does nothing, however, but it will probably attract money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, dgul said:

No, the solution to rising co2 is to produce less co2.

Everything we do seems to be about adapting technology to allow us to continue doing everything the same way.   We have a problem with car emissions?  Electric cars!  Oh, but also car density... Self-driving electric cars!  The solution to the car problem is for people to travel less.

Similarly for house heating (have colder houses), travel (fly abroad less), manufacturing (buy less junk).

But we keep on having these 'marvellous' things that allow us to continue behaving badly.

The biggest twattyness of all is these "world leader meetings" where they all fly in from the rest of the planet. Set an example you bunch of carbon producing shits!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

The biggest twattyness of all is these "world leader meetings" where they all fly in from the rest of the planet. Set an example you bunch of carbon producing shits!

And the High Priest of Climate Change  Al Gore even when he is not flying  .... According to the report, compiled from public records requests and information from the Nashville Electric Service, Gore’s 20-room, 10,070-square-foot, Colonial-style mansion consumed an average of 19,241 kilowatt-hours per month—more than 21.3 times that of the U.S. household average of 901 kilowatt-hours monthly. In the 12-month period from August 2016 through the end of July, Gore burned through 230,889 kWh of electricity, including 66,159 kWh just to heat his swimming pool. The latter alone is enough, the report says, “to power six average U.S. households for a year.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.