• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Libspero

Pet Owner Fined And Banned From Keeping Cats

10 minutes ago, Libspero said:

It'll be interesting to see what the DOSBODs take is on this story..   

Full article:  http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/11/17/pet-ban-owner-tried-heal-cats-wounds-honey/

My take is,  loopy old lady tries to heal cats leg with honey when she should really have taken it to the vet and just had it put down.

For her sins she is banned from keeping cats and fined £600 quid.

Am I the only one thinking that the punishment is a little bit harsh?  She obviously thought she was doing the right thing even if she was a couple of frogs short of a box.

IMHO,  the RSPCA should have asked the police to take the cat away and have it put down..  then explained to the lady why it was wrong and told her if she did it again she would be prosecuted for cruelty.  There is no mention that she had ever done anything similar previously or had any qualification suggesting that she should have been able to identify that the cat actually had cancer.

Perhaps my low opinion of the RSPCA in their somewhat over zealous role as an independent gestapoesque police force is clouding my judgement ?

Behave with the bloody old. She is not that much older than me. :ph34r:

I think it's very harsh.

At what point did we as humans decide that we know what is best for animals rather than the animals themselves? A cat in the wild that gets cancer will go on until it drops, probably in pain and probably starving, but that's the natural death that they would expect. Instead, we decide it's better to take the cat to the vet's, have it operated on, and fill it full of chemical drugs which may or may not make any difference, but quelle surprise, cost a lot and make the vet and the manufacturer very wealthy.

That's the kind thing to do, apparently. I suspect many cats disagree quite heartily.

Seems unnecessarily harsh. RSPCA can be funny buggers. As the recent expose on them (panorama was it?) reveals, the corporate face (and legal team) behind the RSPCA are a bunch of grade-A jizz wizards, prosecuting wherever possible for whatever cirucmstances they deem qualifies.

But then at a branch level, the people working there and genuine, caring people that just love animals and appreciate others who share their outlook.

Iniquitous busy-bodies, these Animal welfare orgs. I watched a doco once about the American version of the RSPCA featuring a raid on a premises where birds were being bred for cock-fighting, in the course of which scores of healthy cockerels were seized. When asked what would happen to them now, one of the overwieght uniformed she-buffoons informed the camera that they would all have to be "euthanized". What was the bloody point then?

Edited by Turned Out Nice Again

3 hours ago, Hopeful said:

As far as I see it, while probably a bit dopey, she was following RSPCA advice

The article says the cat had a wound that went as deep as its tendons, so most likely, it looked like a Cavity Wound in the owner's eyes

Personally, I would give both Blacky's owner and the RSPCA some training in how to treat animals as animals

Great find.

And that's a stupid prosecution.

I don't have the huge downer on the RSPCA that some do but they need to take a good look at what they are actually there for if they're wasting time and money on something like this.

I also don't call 58 old!

Or 68 for that matter.

Wouldn't be surprised if these types of stories, which are dubiously on the increase, can be traced back to the pro-hunting or pro-meat lobbies PR machines feeding them to a wider audience. Not saying they are't true, but I'm sure many of you have heard of the "PETA kills dogs" thing -- suspend your inclination to take a side here, and instead ask who or what is behind such a well funded campaign... 

http://www.petakillsanimalsscam.com/

[Warning: graphic but a must visit IMO]

PETAKillsAnimals.com is run by the disingenuously named Center for Consumer Freedom (CCF), a front group that's funded by KFC, Outback Steakhouse, Philip Morris, cattle ranchers, [...]

Then again I have wondered why the RSPCA have started whoring their brandname out to things that are obviously inherently cruel, such as "barn eggs"; could it be to try to avoid the situation PETA finds itself in with the egg/meat lobbies funding mega campaigns against them.

I'm a cat lover, but that's harsh. The bloody RSPCA are a menace - I won't donate to them. Honey does having antiseptic and anti-bacterial properties, so she wasn't being deliberately cruel in my view, just misguided as to how effective it could be on a deep wound.

The RSPCA like to take prosecutions in various areas, get the local animal loving nuts out to protest at the court and then make a killing in local donations. If you see a person collecting for the RSPCA, please spit on them.

The law should be changed to insist that all their prosecutions go through the CPS for some consistency untainted by money.

Edited by Byron

Charities.

Where do I start...?

OK, check out the accounts - freely available on-line - of the Royal National Lifeboat Institution.

They can clearly afford plenty of lifeboats that they don't bother buying.

Next time some chugging fucker acting on behalf of the RNLI comes near you, nut the cunt...

XYY

5 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Charities.

Where do I start...?

OK, check out the accounts - freely available on-line - of the Royal National Lifeboat Institution.

They can clearly afford plenty of lifeboats that they don't bother buying.

Next time some chugging fucker acting on behalf of the RNLI comes near you, nut the cunt...

XYY

The stories I hear, it's as corrupt as any other so-called charity. Shame as it once had an honourable approach.  

I don't give to Charity, any charity. 

On 11/17/2017 at 15:46, spunko2010 said:

Wouldn't be surprised if these types of stories, which are dubiously on the increase, can be traced back to the pro-hunting or pro-meat lobbies PR machines feeding them to a wider audience. Not saying they are't true, but I'm sure many of you have heard of the "PETA kills dogs" thing -- suspend your inclination to take a side here, and instead ask who or what is behind such a well funded campaign... 

http://www.petakillsanimalsscam.com/

[Warning: graphic but a must visit IMO]

Then again I have wondered why the RSPCA have started whoring their brandname out to things that are obviously inherently cruel, such as "barn eggs"; could it be to try to avoid the situation PETA finds itself in with the egg/meat lobbies funding mega campaigns against them.

the RSPCA like many animal welfare organisations is now 'more about money'

Take RSPCA assured (previously freedom food) salmon  for example, - The RSPCA turns a blind eye to the shooting of seals on its salmon farms, but please 'just don't shoot large numbers' because, after all, it's all about the RSPCA selling the logo to raise money.

You might think the Assured logo would be an award for good standards rather than something you buy, but as it the award is just a commercial product, like many 'good feeling' accreditations, the RSPCA has an eye on being saleable to the industry as much as it does on animal welfare.

Snippets from the RSPCA Assured licence page

Licence fee is based on the price you sell the product at, excluding VAT.

Licence fees must be paid quarterly. Businesses submit a licence fee return form and RSPCA Assured will send an invoice for the licence fee owed.

Sales quantities and values will be audited annually and if further licence fee is due it will be payable immediately, plus interest.

I have no problem with seals being shot. If people want cheap farmed salmon it is inevitable. I do have a problem with farmed salmon, an environmentally destructive industry like most fish farming. Stop the salmon farming and there will be no seal shooting - win-win. Now there is an RSPCA campaign I'd support.

Edited by Hopeful

1 minute ago, Hopeful said:

Take RSPCA assured (previously freedom food) salmon  for example, - The RSPCA turns a blind eye to the shooting of seals on its salmon farms, but please 'just don't shoot large numbers' because, after all, it's all about the RSPCA selling the logo to raise money.

You might think the Assured logo would be an award for good standards rather than something you buy, and as such, like many 'good feeling' accreditations, the RSPCA has an eye on being saleable to the industry as much as it does on animal welfare.

Snippets from the RSPCA Assured License pages

At some point enough people are going to realise that charities are a scam.  I don't see then having a long future. 

Mind, tha luvvie fest of telling the poor to "give us yer fucking money" appears to have raised more than ever. Again. 

On 17/11/2017 at 09:27, Turned Out Nice Again said:

Iniquitous busy-bodies, these Animal welfare orgs. I watched a doco once about the American version of the RSPCA featuring a raid on a premises where birds were being bred for cock-fighting, in the course of which scores of healthy cockerels were seized. When asked what would happen to them now, one of the overwieght uniformed she-buffoons informed the camera that they would all have to be "euthanized". What was the bloody point then?

Its like when Foot and mouth hit farms.

You get these Interview the farmer thing where they go 'And you had a really bad time dutring foot and mouth;

;Yes, I had 1000 cows, they were all put down; Farmer than turns away in tears.

Im like, hold on, these were beef cattle. They are only a couple of months before going to the salughter house FFS.

And the compo was more than the fucking cows market price.

7 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Its like when Foot and mouth hit farms.

You get these Interview the farmer thing where they go 'And you had a really bad time dutring foot and mouth;

;Yes, I had 1000 cows, they were all put down; Farmer than turns away in tears.

Im like, hold on, these were beef cattle. They are only a couple of months before going to the salughter house FFS.

And the compo was more than the fucking cows market price.

Don't be silly, they were all family pets. They would all sit round the fire at night together. All 1000 of them. 

I've been thinking about this for some time now. Is there a website that simply has all the necessary information accounted in order to make an informed choice as to whether to donate?

that way if a chugger stops you. You can say "now it's time for me to ask you some questions, if the answers are acceptable, I'll consider donating...

1) how much is your ceo compensated 

2) how many individuals earn more than x

3) what % of donations arrive at the intended destination "

then you can check their answers on your phone

18 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

Take RSPCA assured (previously freedom food) salmon  for example, - The RSPCA turns a blind eye to the shooting of seals on its salmon farms, but please ' just don't shoot large numbers' because, after all, it's all about the RSPCA selling the logo to raise money.

You might think the Assured logo would be an award for good standards rather than something you buy, but as it the award is just a commercial product, like many 'good feeling' accreditations, the RSPCA has an eye on being saleable to the industry as much as it does on animal welfare.

Snippets from the RSPCA Assured licence page

I have no problem with seals being shot. If people want cheap farmed salmon it is inevitable. I do have a problem with farmed salmon, an environmentally destructive industry like most fish farming. Stop the salmon farming and there will be no seal shooting - win-win. Now there is an RSPCA campaign I'd support.

People love cheap shitty farmed carcinogenic "Scottish" salmon grown in huge vats. It's not going to change, the RSPCA may as well make money off it.