• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

sarahbell

What could be in the budget?

What would make the budget worth having?

Raise the VAT threshold? Would people declare more money if it didn't take it over the VAT threshold?

Add a 20p coffee tax for every cup sold? (Could apply equally to all hot drinks as to not discriminate)

Add an online order tax to any company not registered in the UK and paying tax on a UK basis. 

Unclear what you're asking here; what could be in the budget or what would make it worth having?

The former? Christ knows. Something that hands shitloads of taxpayers' money to big business to fuck us over with. Again. Then we're told it's the best thing ever.

The latter? Simplification of tax in some way, but I'm not expecting it.

I'm surprised at your comment about VAT given the recent noises about lowering the threshold, or are you cynically suggesting that they will do the opposite as reaction has been so bad?

2 minutes ago, Inoperational Bumblebee said:

Unclear what you're asking here; what could be in the budget or what would make it worth having?

The former? Christ knows. Something that hands shitloads of taxpayers' money to big business to fuck us over with. Again. Then we're told it's the best thing ever.

The latter? Simplification of tax in some way, but I'm not expecting it.

I'm surprised at your comment about VAT given the recent noises about lowering the threshold, or are you cynically suggesting that they will do the opposite as reaction has been so bad?

What you'd put in it.

I don't know. But hearing how people know people (and from own experience of builders) they all are desperate to stay under the threshold so raise it. Remove some of the burden of small business by removing VAT.
And then slap more of it on the big duckers who don't pay tax properly.

I wouldn't give a shit about how much tax starbucks paid on their "profits" if they were paying out 20p a cup VAT. Provided of course that they didn't invent avoidance methods for that too. I spose there's lots of VAT carrousel fraud that goes on now. 

Thinking about the lowering of the registration for vat - who will this hit?

Assuming most small traders WILL pass it on (can a one man band take an £8k loss of profit hit), who uses these type of people?

The wealthy older generation

BTL Landlords.

Most other people will be doing it themselves. So might not be all bad.

1 minute ago, One percent said:

That made me laugh, they are stupid enough to try it. 

It's ok though, we will just end up living in houses like this

Ooh I quite like that, save on window cleaning

6 minutes ago, One percent said:

That made me laugh, they are stupid enough to try it. 

It's ok though, we will just end up living in houses like this

IMG_0864.JPG

The direction things seem to be going it might be the safest alternative.

5 hours ago, Lone Lurker said:

Reduce all tax by 50%

Reduce all spending by 75%

Reduce all public sector pay above £30,000 by 75%

I would prefer the smallest government possible.

Government get out of my life >:(

Reduce the number of MPs.  Cameron did promise that.  Promises promises.

7 hours ago, Cunning Plan said:

Thinking about the lowering of the registration for vat - who will this hit?

Assuming most small traders WILL pass it on (can a one man band take an £8k loss of profit hit), who uses these type of people?

The wealthy older generation

BTL Landlords.

Most other people will be doing it themselves. So might not be all bad.

IR35

And when you think about the reported logic behind this (they think to many people are deliberately staying below the threshold and this is restricting growth)  it`s not that crazy IMO ..but i think thats just a blag 

It`s just a tax grab

2 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

IR35

And when you think about the reported logic behind this (they think to many people are deliberately staying below the threshold and this is restricting growth)  it`s not that crazy IMO ..but i think thats just a blag 

It`s just a tax grab

Surely most contractors working under IR35 are working for larger companies so VAT is irrelevant?

38 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

Scrap the zero rate band for employer's national insurance. Make it payable on every £ paid.

12 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

Scrap student fees and replace it with a 1% employer's NI surcharge on anyone who went to university, whenever they went.

Goddamn CP, you're on fire!

1 minute ago, Cunning Plan said:

Surely most contractors working under IR35 are working for larger companies so VAT is irrelevant?

For the larger companies but not for the contractor who has just entered into the vat system who will have very little in the way to claim back ?

Just now, Inoperational Bumblebee said:

Goddamn CP, you're on fire!

I haven't even mentioned the 5% employer's NI surcharge on non nationals. That would make employers think twice and help to offset the cost of immigration.