• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Frank Hovis

Apollo 17 - was this one faked?

I'm certainly not claiming that they all were faked but it was a ludicrously expensive programme which had already won the propaganda war and in which the public had lost interest.

So why not trim the budget a little by faking one when nobody's paying much attention?

There are two strands to this; today's visor reflection of a man "On the moon" without a spacesuit:

467AFF9900000578-5095949-image-a-3_15110

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5095949/Apollo-moon-landing-fake-photo-excites-conspiracy-fans.html

And the accidental showing of the man made structure that saw the live feed cut.  It's far more simple to explain this man made structure as being on earth than on the moon.

xbuilding-on-the-moon_300x300.jpg.pagesp

https://www.alternatememories.com/historical-events/24-science/194-nasa-broadcast-a-building-on-the-moon

You don't need many to be in on it: fake the feed, fake the instrument readings.

It's interesting that the MSM are starting to report it without reference to Conspiraloons.  If the truth does eventually come out that the moon landings were staged / fake,  then the electorate will quite rightly wonder what else various governments have lied to the people about.   Things will never be the same again.

14 minutes ago, Ina said:

It's interesting that the MSM are starting to report it without reference to Conspiraloons.  If the truth does eventually come out that the moon landings were staged / fake,  then the electorate will quite rightly wonder what else various governments have lied to the people about.   Things will never be the same again.

Everything. Keep it simple, whatever you are told by the authorities, assume the opposite. 

1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

I'm certainly not claiming that they all were faked but it was a ludicrously expensive programme which had already won the propaganda war and in which the public had lost interest.

So why not trim the budget a little by faking one when nobody's paying much attention?

There are two strands to this; today's visor reflection of a man "On the moon" without a spacesuit:

467AFF9900000578-5095949-image-a-3_15110

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5095949/Apollo-moon-landing-fake-photo-excites-conspiracy-fans.html

And the accidental showing of the man made structure that saw the live feed cut.  It's far more simple to explain this man made structure as being on earth than on the moon.

https://www.alternatememories.com/historical-events/24-science/194-nasa-broadcast-a-building-on-the-moon

You don't need many to be in on it: fake the feed, fake the instrument readings.

I think you can also see his footsteps in the dust as he's walked over the top of the hill/mound.

At 8:40pm the cameras, which were being operated remotely from earth, panned across the moonscape and showed a huge rectangular structure in the distance between some hills. Without warning, the feed was cut for 20 minutes. Cronkite exclaimed "That looks like a man made object!". Footage showing the astronauts which was recorded earlier was then shown instead.

When Cronkite returned, he said that apparently the camera had recorded a part of itself.

In those days you were asked to believe any old garbage explanation that they tried to put across on most anything.  There was no alternative - the dissonance was often massive and straight out of Alice in Wonderland. 

For whatever reason I dare say it might have even been intentional for such such a monolith to be briefly seen bearing in mind the iconic movie 2001: A Space Odyssey had a black monolith as a mystery theme and that movie had only been distributed a few years before in 1968. 

Incidentally for missions that cost so much that "Rover" looks just cobbled together out of old rusty bins etc and bits and pieces from the local scrapyard like something out of the movie Mad Max. 

Those two pyramid shaped bits of rock in the foreground of the second photo look a bit man made/artificial as well and these days I think there are are plenty of youtube movies etc about the symbology of pyramids.

Edited by twocents

The moon landings both happened and were faked. In my mind this is barely even a "conspiracy". I would be incredibly surprised if this wasn't the case.

The US had spent gazillions to get a man on the moon and win a propaganda victory against the USSR. I find it impossible to believe they would not bung Kubrick, or whoever, a few extra million in order to provide decent pictures of the great victory. What happens if their 1960s telecommunications equipment went down for an hour at the wrong time? All their proof just went out of the window. Like they would allow that to happen.

7 minutes ago, billfunk said:

The moon landings both happened and were faked. In my mind this is barely even a "conspiracy". I would be incredibly surprised if this wasn't the case.

The US had spent gazillions to get a man on the moon and win a propaganda victory against the USSR. I find it impossible to believe they would not bung Kubrick, or whoever, a few extra million in order to provide decent pictures of the great victory. What happens if their 1960s telecommunications equipment went down for an hour at the wrong time? All their proof just went out of the window. Like they would allow that to happen.

I think this is the most likely scenario. The Soviets would have exposed a fake landing, they would have been listening in and been able to trace the rocket - if they had evidence of a scam they'd have loved to get one over on the US.

17 minutes ago, Dipsy said:

I think this is the most likely scenario. The Soviets would have exposed a fake landing, they would have been listening in and been able to trace the rocket - if they had evidence of a scam they'd have loved to get one over on the US.

The Soviets had already put satellites in orbit around the moon (they took the first pics of the far side!) - and they were building their own moon rocket, the N1. And the Americans would nevertheless have faked (some of) the moon landings, knowing that within a couple of years the hated commies would be able to take close-up photos of all the alleged landing sites?

Furthermore, it would have been obvious that in the future space travel would become easier.. and the conspiracy would inevitably be exposed.

EDIT: just wanted to add that something kind-of along those lines of what Frank suggested did actually happen: the Apollo program was halted very suddenly, with rockets half-built on the production line. Reasons: the public was losing interest, the cost was astronomical, and the Saturn V rocket was estimated to have a 1 in 10 chance of making a giant firework on each flight - so they decided to quit while they were ahead.

Edited by DeepLurker

35 minutes ago, Dipsy said:

Unless their claimed enmity is also something of a scam - and not wanting to stir up a nest with a powerful neighbour.  At any rate the western MSM would just have laughed - who took any notice of Tass and Pravda.

Interestingly considering their grographical proximity I don't think they've ever been officially at war.  Plenty of sabre rattling broadcast in the MSM along with competition within other countries around the world but no official war as far as I'm aware.  Not like next door neighbours Britain, France and Germany etc.

On the one hand bitter enemies and on the other hand cooperating very closely in the International Space Station with more plans in the future - it might have been in their interests to keep quiet in the interest of their own space ambitions - maybe see how things pan out. 

Even so you never know if it suits them they might still "unexpectedly" suddenly discover something that proves some fakery.

Edited by twocents

1 hour ago, Ina said:

If the truth does eventually come out that the moon landings were staged / fake,  then the electorate will quite rightly wonder what else various governments have lied to the people about. 

It's something touched on in another thread - the glue that bonds generations with significant events, notable movie stars, musicians, sports stars - at some point it peaks then ebbs away.

The release of most of the JFK files would have been a MAJOR media event 30, 20, or even 10 years ago, today it raises barely a eyebrow. Even when we get "the good stuff".

The discovery of a planet mirroring earth capable of supporting life, within our Solar System would similarly be a massive story a decade ago, now barely a mention.

The generation that would be shocked to be told the moon landings were faked are moving on, interest is dying with them.

Even at the time plenty of "ordinary people" and experts refused to believe it was ALL real.

More interesting to me would be to realise legendary astronomy broadcasters such as Sir Patrick Moore were either lying to us as scripted mass media propaganda - or were fooled themselves.

For sure there would be plenty who were doubtful about the achievement although when the movie Capricorn One was released in 1979 (according to wikipedia about a Mars landing hoax) I think most people just treated it as a daft yarn and didn't connect that it might be a hint that the moon landings were faked.  A movie made to make money out of an incredible ideaThe story in that movie wasn't taken seriously at the time - it was like "Yeah right - tell me another one as if they would do anything like that".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capricorn_One

Peter Hyams began thinking about a film of a space hoax while working on broadcasts of the Apollo missions for CBS. He later reflected regarding the Apollo 11 moon landing, “There was one event of really enormous importance that had almost no witnesses. And the only verification we have . . . came from a TV camera.”

He later elaborated:

Whenever there was something on the news about a space shuttle, they would cut to a studio in St. Louis where there was a simulation of what was going on. I grew up in the generation where my parents basically believed if it was in the newspaper it was true. That turned out to be bullshit. My generation was brought up to believe television was true, and that was bullshit too. So I was watching these simulations and I wondered what would happen if someone faked a whole story.

Well according to the above there was lots of studio simulation going but that apparent fact wasn't revealed at the time to people watching it.

Ok the man/person in the reflected background was likely a mistake but why build a windowless monolith alongside that just might be caught by a camera.

Edited by twocents

56 minutes ago, DeepLurker said:

The Soviets had already put satellites in orbit around the moon (they took the first pics of the far side!) - and they were building their own moon rocket, the N1. And the Americans would nevertheless have faked (some of) the moon landings, knowing that within a couple of years the hated commies would be able to take close-up photos of all the alleged landing sites?

Why did it have to be winner takes all? When the Americans landed on the moon, why did that invalidate Russian attempts to do same? They could have just been second, rather than jack it all in?

In future centuries they'll probably be making movies about it along the same lines as the 1967 movie Rocket to the Moon.  In hindsight you have to wonder whether those movie makers were hinting at something as well.

Jules Verne's Rocket to the Moon

Edited by twocents

The one strong argument to prove they really happened ie that the Soviets would expose the lie may turn out to be the biggest surprise.

Everybody realises the propaganda benefit to the US, but to have a Space Race was also extremely useful to the Soviets. Maintaining the cold war with the West, what better proof that Mother Russia needed to compete in the arms race than being beaten in rocket and missile technology.

I think we will eventually learn the USA and USSR worked closely following 1945 through the 50s, 60s and beyond - right up to the International Space Station to cement their global dominance.

It actually suits elites to have us believe there are reds under the beds and in many areas of course there are, the idea that Trump and P.utin can get along doesn't sit well with everybody, but it's really nothing so startling.

I believe USA and Russia have been closely allied for decades. The space race may well turn out to be something they both worked out together in both their interests.

Nobody has gone beyond near earth orbit....and survived. Neither man, monkey or dog.

16 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

The Earth-like planet recently discovered is 10 light years away - not in the solar system.

Hmm...think you are referring to the planet close to the star Ross 128b, a small red dwarf 11 light years away. Easily within reach using warp drive technology.

I mean Neo44. Hiding behind our Sun. It's where the aliens hang out that built the pyramids, Easter Island monuments, and gave Tesla his technology.*

*Not the other aliens.

25 minutes ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

Hmm...think you are referring to the planet close to the star Ross 128b, a small red dwarf 11 light years away. Easily within reach using warp drive technology.

I mean Neo44. Hiding behind our Sun. It's where the aliens hang out that built the pyramids, Easter Island monuments, and gave Tesla his technology.*

*Not the other aliens.

The planet behind our sun is Gor - something I mentioned in a post on another thread a few months back. Basically it is a Greco-Roman style culture that is, incredibly, also spaceship capable. They come to Earth regularly, kidnap Earth women and take them back to Gor where they are sold as sex slaves. I thought everyone knew this?

33 minutes ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

*Not the other aliens.

I just googled Neo 44 and apparently the world is due to end today? Now is that before midnight GMT or before midnight on TOST - Tonga Summer Time?

2 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I just googled Neo 44 and apparently the world is due to end today? Now is that before midnight GMT or before midnight on TOST - Tonga Summer Time?

I realise it's a little confusing but no, it's not today. 

The end of the world is tomorrow. Today is the day before tomorrow.

Tomorrow never comes according to George Harrison so no need to panic.

There is another thing that puzzles me about the apollo missions and it is the actual space suits. Whenever you see stills or video footage in close-up the material on the suits looks remarkably flacid (for want of a better word). Now look at footage of space-walks from the ISS and there is plenty of it and study the suits. These suits are more like michelin man outfits, I mean the material looks like it is actually holding back the difference in pressure.

These guys were supposedly walking around in a vacuum yet the actual Apollo suits look like they were doing nothing yet in the ISS footage you can tell the suits are actually doing their job.

4 hours ago, Chewing Grass said:

There is another thing that puzzles me about the apollo missions and it is the actual space suits. Whenever you see stills or video footage in close-up the material on the suits looks remarkably flacid (for want of a better word). Now look at footage of space-walks from the ISS and there is plenty of it and study the suits. These suits are more like michelin man outfits, I mean the material looks like it is actually holding back the difference in pressure.

These guys were supposedly walking around in a vacuum yet the actual Apollo suits look like they were doing nothing yet in the ISS footage you can tell the suits are actually doing their job.

Yes - it was like they just popped into the then version of New Look and picked a few outfits off the rack.  Fashions were different then but Burton's would do made to measure.

pale-grey-puffer-jacket.jpg?strip=true&qlt=80&w=720

The team (above, Harrison 'Jack' Schmitt on the mission) carried out a series of experiments including seismic profiling, atmospheric composition analysis and lunar sampling

Look at all the wires here there and everywhere on the Rover.  In those days people didn't know much about those things but now they know those things keep popping out of their sockets and breaking down and so on and that would be especially so on a rickety Rover like that.

Is that a bit of tongue and groove with end dowels - for the footrest.

Edited by twocents

8 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

From the link ..."they drove over 20 miles "  so is it me or have battery technology gone no where in the last forty odd years