• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
spygirl

Croydon cat killer

7 minutes ago, SNACR said:

You should go cold turkey on The Mail website. IRRO, on the other site, ended up only being able to climax to side boob.

Now, stories on lots of other sites and has been on the news.

The mail has piccies that show cats post badger encounter.

35 minutes ago, blobloblob said:

I can see that a badger would beat a cat in a straight fight, mano a mano so to speak, but it must take a pretty shite sort of a cat to get caught by such a slow, smelly, non-tree-climbing animal.

Badgers are very fast.

A badger killed my chickens...I blamed Mr Fox ....but it turned out to be a badger.

Nasty little fuckers.....protected by law....even though they seem to not want to integrate with the local hens.

23 minutes ago, Wahoo said:

A badger killed my chickens...I blamed Mr Fox ....but it turned out to be a badger.

Nasty little fuckers.....protected by law....even though they seem to not want to integrate with the local hens.

Badgers are native to Britain.  I don't know why you'd insist that they integrate with chickens; they are a relative newcomer and have only been in the UK 2,500 years.  In fact, you could argue that the Badger has rather graciously allowed the chicken to enter its natural lifestyle.  As food.

Edited by dgul

1 hour ago, blobloblob said:

I can see that a badger would beat a cat in a straight fight, mano a mano so to speak, but it must take a pretty shite sort of a cat to get caught by such a slow, smelly, non-tree-climbing animal.

Badgers are absolute units. Any cat taking one on would regret it for the short time available for it to do so.

Mrs H. hit a badger coming back from work many years back. When she told me I dragged my arse off the sofa and shuffled outside expecting to find a small dent and a bit of gore in the grille that I'd have to hose off.

Bugger me if the car wasn't virtually written off. The damage was astonishing.

We had the car repaired but it was never right again. That badger fucked it up good.

Edited by Sgt Hartman

In my experience there isn't a predator/prey dynamic between cats and badgers it's not like cats and dogs. I live out in the sticks and my cats were always untroubled by any of the local wildlife badgers/foxes/adders, they were happy to swipe their paws at any of them. That's really the advantage cats have, they attack and manipulate prey with their paws, rather than just their jaw. A dog gets the upper hand if it initiates a chase but they usually skulk off if the cats makes the first move with its paws as they just seem completely wrongfooted by it.

Edited by SNACR

1 hour ago, swissy_fit said:

Yeah badgers are strong, I used to watch them as a kid, there was a large sett near my home. However they couldn't normally catch a cat, though they'd kill it for sure if they did get close enough. This is a human killer.

They dont chase and kill cats - not their style.

However, they will run into them and attack.

The piccy of the pussy with a claw off was notable. To me, that looks like the cats gone into a fight and swipe the badgers face, which has bit the foot off.

10 hours ago, Sgt Hartman said:

Badgers are absolute units. Any cat taking one on would regret it for the short time available for it to do so.

Mrs H. hit a badger coming back from work many years back. When she told me I dragged my arse off the sofa and shuffled outside expecting to find a small dent and a bit of gore in the grille that I'd have to hose off.

Bugger me if the car wasn't virtually written off. The damage was astonishing.

We had the car repaired but it was never right again. That badger fucked it up good.

A badger is the one animal I would instinctively, drive around or brake for. Capable of turning a small car over. Very dense package. And capable of taking your arm off too.

30 minutes ago, spygirl said:

They dont chase and kill cats - not their style.

However, they will run into them and attack.

The piccy of the pussy with a claw off was notable. To me, that looks like the cats gone into a fight and swipe the badgers face, which has bit the foot off.

This is like cat CSI. I reckon when they catch this Hannibal Lecter badger they’ll pull off its mask and it’ll be Gordon Brown underneath.

20 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

A badger is the one animal I would instinctively, drive around or brake for. Capable of turning a small car over. Very dense package. And capable of taking your arm off too.

You have to unlearn that instinct in a truck as they don’t respond well to evasive wildlife avoiding manoeuvres. There’s no risk of them damaging the truck though. Barn owls do the most damage they can crack the visor or the cab air deflector.

2 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

Who would win in a fight between a swan and a badger then?

Not sure but add some pictures of Kelly Brook, in her knickers, a couple of aftershave ads and a tale about a mate who shat in the hotel sink, on a lads holiday to Magaluf, and you’ve pretty much got a nineties issue of FHM.

1 hour ago, SNACR said:

In my experience there isn't a predator/prey dynamic between cats and badgers it's not like cats and dogs. I live out in the sticks and my cats were always untroubled by any of the local wildlife badgers/foxes/adders, they were happy to swipe their paws at any of them. That's really the advantage cats have, they attack and manipulate prey with their paws, rather than just their jaw. A dog gets the upper hand if it initiates a chase but they usually skulk off if the cats makes the first move with its paws as they just seem completely wrongfooted by it.

Reminds me of a friends tom cat. It was sat outside his house when this small terrier dog saw him and ran full tilt towards the cat. Cat just looked at the dog, didn't move a muscle. The dog was clearly confused as to why the cat didnt run. Tried to style it out by sniffing the ground and walking off.