• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Chewing Grass

Inappropriate - what is it, its very vague

It can mean anything they want it to mean.  It can change whenever they like to cover whatever they like.  

It is inappropriate but it can ruin careers and lives just like that without them having done anything remotely illegal.  Yet another NuLabour contribution to making life more difficult.

Edited by twocents

8 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

So its the perfect crime to accuse someone of in the media or politics.

Career ended in almost a day.

Yes and the self same politicians who become victim to it offered little or no opposition to it when the culture of inappropriateness was introduced.  Likely because they're all in it together.

Guilty until proved innocent....

34 minutes ago, Reck B said:

Any ideas why all this sex harassment stuff is coming out across media and politics in both the uk and USA?

Emasculation of men because there's one awful fuck-off Government and new laws heading our way.

It's also remarkable that in the main the word inappropriate is usually directed at indigenous people - it doesn't seem to be so necessary for new arrivals from overseas to behave appropriately.  In their case they can behave more or less how they like and even break the law but the requirement in the main in their case is the word acceptance

Edited by twocents

4 minutes ago, twocents said:

It's also remarkable that in the main the word inappropriate is usually directed at indigenous people - it doesn't seem to be so necessary for new arrivals from overseas to behave appropriately.  In their case they can behave more or less how they like and even break the law but the requirement in the main in their case is the word acceptance

Or more of a 'cultural issue'.

Those two words cover and obfuscate a multitude of sins.

Inappropriate is a word that has no clear and universal meaning. That word is a matter of personal interpretation and rife to be hijacked by vested interest groups.

For example and comparison I give you the word tree. It’s clear and unambiguous. Ok there may be a few iffy bushes that could be called trees but in general a tree is a tree. Not much doubt!

Unfortunately any word with no clear and universally agreed meaning is up for grabs by the growing squabbling vested interest groups.

I wish a lot of people would just grow up or get educated and realise that many many words have very ambiguous and personal meanings!

I'd also watch out in these reports for the word 'feel' or 'feelings'; i.e. the crime was that someone 'felt uncomfortable'. That's pretty dangerous territory to be in. 

"A feeling is not a fact" is the basis of CBT that's used to treat mental illness....but not these feelings can end careers.

48 minutes ago, Reck B said:

Any ideas why all this sex harassment stuff is coming out across media and politics in both the uk and USA?

A little bit conspiracy theory, but how about this: Destabilisation.

By which I mean, establish the ground rules (i.e. no properly defined crime, all accusers must be believed, proof of allegation is not required, all alleged abusers must be destroyed) using celebrities and politicians. Watch the public immerse themselves in the bloodbath and grow an emotional attachment to the righteousness surrounding it.

And then turn it on them. Create societies where almost everyone is petrified of being the next one to be accused, knowing that almost everybody has behaved "inappropriately" at some point in their lives, but having also waved the pitchforks and demanded blood when the accused was someone a little more removed. Fuck with people's heads and leave them terrified that they might be the next ones to be accused by their own loved ones.

All a bit 1984, I know.

Feelings have become more important than proveable, verifiable!e facts. Law has become malleable and thus its purpose is perverted. Post-truth.

I have no idea what is going on anymore. Lunatics are running the asylum, weirdos are being listened to, and common sense has become a badge of dishonour.

To be inappropriate is to violate convention. By saying something is 'inappropriate' a SJW is attempting to shift convention.

Convention: that which is conventional (heterosexuality, male/female marriage, sex is gender, whatever is next...)

Edited by Panther