• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Great Guy

Paperchase

Those who shout loudest get heard, unfortunately it is usually the loonatic left who have nothing better to do i.e. earning a living.

If you read the article they have only ever advertised once in the mail so it is disingenuous on both parts i.e. the left wing cunts and paperchase.

Edited by Chewing Grass

15 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I hope they go bust; they clearly have no integrity.

Here is the extent of the moans:

"However it is deeply worrying that Paperchase should have allowed itself to be bullied into apologising - on the back of a derisory 250 Facebook comments and 150 direct tweets - to internet trolls orchestrated by a small group of hard left Corbynist individuals seeking to suppress legitimate debate and impose their views on the media.

Pathetic.

Have you ever been in one Frank?  An extremely overpriced stationers. I went in once by mistake. Looked at the prices, thought wtf and came straight out again. 

Just now, One percent said:

Have you ever been in one Frank?  An extremely overpriced stationers. I went in once by mistake. Looked at the prices, thought wtf and came straight out again. 

Long time ago; I would have thought that Card Factory would have done for them and Clintons' Cards years ago.

Having just had a gander at their accounts they made £0.8m profit on a turnover of £119m; it wouldn't take much of a boycott of the craven cowards to see them spiral towards administration.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/03185938/filing-history

11 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Long time ago; I would have thought that Card Factory would have done for them and Clintons' Cards years ago.

Having just had a gander at their accounts they made £0.8m profit on a turnover of £119m; it wouldn't take much of a boycott of the craven cowards to see them spiral towards administration.

Is that an accounting thing so that they don't pay any tax or have they really got such a poor business model?  

It is full of people who would not be seen dead in card factory. Far too "rich" (read up to their eyeballs in debt) to shop somewhere like the card factory. 

7 minutes ago, One percent said:

Is that an accounting thing so that they don't pay any tax or have they really got such a poor business model?  

It is full of people who would not be seen dead in card factory. Far too "rich" (read up to their eyeballs in debt) to shop somewhere like the card factory. 

Poor business model; it's gone pass the parcel down the private equity root but it isn't overburdened by debt.

I seriously think at an organised boycott would finish them off.

5 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Poor business model; it's gone pass the parcel down the private equity root but it isn't overburdened by debt.

I seriously think at an organised boycott would finish them off.

I'm not sure how any business can charge what they do and fail to make a profit. The shop when I pass always seems busy. 

31 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Daughter likes paperchase.

They do seem to commission artists to produce odds + sods.

Id guess paperchase's cash is mainly going to their landlords.

The mention of Cardfactory is interesting.

Card Factory always smelled like a pump + dump. The expanded massively, by taking on 1000s of leases in a 24 months period then floating whilst they were still in 2 year low/free rental period. Each year that goes  by, each lease sucks in more + more cash.

1 minute ago, man o' the year said:

I was after some "posh" paper and card recently and went in every stationers in Bath, Paperchase proved best for choice and value- significantly cheaper then other options.

Do you live in bath?  Daughter went to uni there. Lovely town, completely spoilt by the massive number of tourists.  

14 minutes ago, One percent said:

Do you live in bath?  Daughter went to uni there. Lovely town, completely spoilt by the massive number of tourists.  

In the countryside just to South. I still have culture shock after returning from 22 months in the "North" - see other thread. Thankfully Jake Bugg came down to entertain us recently.

3 minutes ago, man o' the year said:

In the countryside just to South. I still have culture shock after returning from 22 months in the "North" - see other thread. Thankfully Jake Bugg came down to entertain us recently.

I only know about him coz my other daughter went to Nottingham. University education eh, it even broadens the minds of parents. xD  

tbh, I actually preferred Nottingham to bath. A suprisingly nice city. 

I know them both. I don't really agree but then I have known Nottingham all my life so maybe don't appreciate properly. My eldest daughter interested in Nottingham Uni - prob be her first choice.

Oh by the way I shared my discovery ofJake Bugg in his early days with my kids!!

Edited by man o' the year
omission?

11 minutes ago, blobloblob said:

Yep - enough of us never shop there again and they'll be gone soon enough.

Sadly, if that did happen, they would think it was a backlash from the wail advert/giveaway, rather from the way they attempted to appease a couple of hundred skyshouters.