• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
JFK

Save Lindsay Shepherd ... more SJW victimisation of free thought from Canada

12 minutes ago, JFK said:

https://www.therebel.media/savelindsay

Canada disappears more up it's own ass.

Hopefully she will lawyer up and take the educational establishment on like has happened in USA, no due process, take these fuckers to the cleaners.

If my child was going to these stupid colleges I would not fund them. Fuck them.

Disgraceful. 

She would be doing the whole world a considerable favour by taking this to law as it seems to be totally unreasonable treatment considering that Jordan Peterson is a Professor at Toronto University so he is entitled to have his work considered and taken account of seriously.

Shame on the anonymous people in not taking responsibility for their actions and shame on those who listened to them without being prepared to say who the anonymous people are. 

Edited by twocents

1 hour ago, twocents said:

She would be doing the whole world a considerable favour by taking this to law as it seems to be totally unreasonable treatment considering that Jordan Peterson is a Professor at Toronto University so he is entitled to have his work considered and taken account of seriously. 

Haven't they just proven one of the central tenets of his thesis?

Doesn't seem unreasonable to me:

According to his study—conducted with one of his students, Christine Brophy—of the relationship between political belief and personality, political correctness exists in two types: PC-Egalitarianism and PC-Authoritarianism, which is a manifestation of "offense sensitivity".[38] The first type is represented by a group of classical liberals, while the latter by the group known as "social justice warriors"[7] who "weaponize compassion".[2] The study also found an overlap between PC-authoritarians and right-wing authoritarians.[38]

Peterson considers that the universities should be held as among the most responsible for the wave of political correctness which appeared in North America and Europe.[37] He watched the rise of political correctness on campuses since the early 1990s,[39] and considers that the humanitieshave become corrupt, less reliable on science, and instead of "intelligent conversation, we are having an ideological conversation". From his own experience as a university professor, he states that the students who are coming to his classes are uneducated and unaware about the mass exterminations and crimes by Stalinism and Maoism, which were not given the same attention as Fascism and Nazism. He also says that "instead of being ennobled or inculcated into the proper culture, the last vestiges of structure are stripped from [the students] by post-modernism and neo-Marxism, which defines everything in terms of relativism and power".

1 hour ago, twocents said:

Shame on the anonymous people in not taking responsibility for their actions and shame on those who listened to them without being prepared to say who the anonymous people are. 

I have to say that although he is obviously correct on the subject of free speech and tolerance, I find it all quite boring as it seems to me so self-evident. Don't get me wrong it's incredibly important that he continues his campaign of pushing back against the PC orthodoxy, but you can only watch a few videos before it all becomes tediously familiar. The free speech campaign has popularised him on Youtube to the point that his actual course lectures have started appearing in my recommendations, and I have to say I find them truly excellent. Interesting and insightful, every single one is a gem. I have become quite the fanboy.

8 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

The free speech campaign has popularised him on Youtube to the point that his actual course lectures have started appearing in my recommendations, and I have to say I find them truly excellent. Interesting and insightful, every single one is a gem. I have become quite the fanboy.

Agree, excellent lectures, obviously a man of deep learning, well worth the time invested.

Generally I dislike and distrust psychologists, Jordan B Peterson is the exception that proves my rule!

2 hours ago, Lone Lurker said:

Agree, excellent lectures, obviously a man of deep learning, well worth the time invested.

Generally I dislike and distrust psychologists, Jordan B Peterson is the exception that proves my rule!

I think your general distrust is not misplaced.

From his own experience as a university professor, he states that the students who are coming to his classes are uneducated and unaware about the mass exterminations and crimes by Stalinism and Maoism, which were not given the same attention as Fascism and Nazism. He also says that "instead of being ennobled or inculcated into the proper culture, the last vestiges of structure are stripped from [the students] by post-modernism and neo-Marxism, which defines everything in terms of relativism and power".

Might that be at least in part because the "west"/the allies never fought a real war against what's termed Stalinism or Maoism (yes even now they go on about a possible threat but it's never materialised to any real extent) - but in WW2 the allies did fight a really serious war against what was termed Fascism and Nazism. 

In fact Stalin(ism) was on the side of the allies - people can read into that whatever they like but the status of each ideology shouldn't be decided just because of their geography,  the luck of the draw in leaders and what their global ambitions were and whose side they were on.  Apparently Mao was anti-imperialist.

Meaning that in reality neither Russia or China have displayed significant *territorial ambitions compared to what they termed the Fascists and the Nazis but that doesn't necessarily mean that they represented better ideologies.

*As far as I'm aware the Russian WW2 territorial gains were actually or implicilty agreed within the allies as part of WW2 operations.

Edited by twocents

This is a very good lecture by him from a long time ago. It looks at concsiousness and how we perceive the world. It looks at how we make sense of what is going on around us and, very interestingly, how some people refuse to accept or see certain things.

It looks dated now - lots of slides on microfiche - but it interesting in the context of today. As you listen to it you can begin to think about those with that incredbly narrow mindset today - the fem-nazis, the SJW's, the Clinton worshippers, etc - and you get an understanding of why they are the way they are.

12 hours ago, Turned Out Nice Again said:

This is a good one:

That is brilliant. I read somewhere that women should train their men like animal trainers teach animals. I'd forgotten what the technique was, and that's it reward good behaviour. Now to test the hypothesis on my wife.

Should this go in another thread?

12 hours ago, Lone Lurker said:

I haven't found a dud yet!

Thanks for the links, good people. I will watch one or two over the weekend, and have readied myself to be triggered.