DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

It's raffle time

sarahbell

Frank Hovis

The sure sign of a housing market stall.

He bought for £435k five years ago, unsurpriisngly nobody will buy it for £845k (though I am sure he has improved it, but not that much!) and:

If the family reach their target of 500,000 tickets, they will donate £25,000 to the St John’s Hospice charity.

So: if they get £1m, being £155k over their already inflated asking price, they will give one sixth of this to charity.

The terms are:

Closing the contest

If the Maximum Number of Entries to the Competition is not equal to the number of entries received as at the closing date, the Competition will close and the proceeds will either be deemed sufficient to award the house as a prize at the discretion of the promotors, or the remaining funds will be allocated as a cash prize to a winner after the deduction of any expenses and marketing fees.

The Promoters will be entitled to retain 5% of the Entry Fees to cover administration and marketing expenditure. The remaining balance following deduction of the 5% is “the Prize Fund”. The Prize Fund will then be distributed to the winning Entrant;

Sold 186k tickets so £372k as it stands, they will take 5% or £18.6k.

That sounds reasonable (ish) but I can't see their reaching the £845k target let alone £1m.

http://www.winacountryhouse.com/terms.html

Carl Fimble

It seems to be just the east wing, not the whole mansion house, so it's semi-detached? Wasn't obvious to me until I read the address on their about us page

Melling Manor,
East Wing,
Melling Hall,
10 Gillison Close,

On the contact us page it has their address as :

Win a Country House

10 Gillison Close

Melling

Lancashire

LA6 2RD

I had it in my head from looking at the site it was a full mansion, not a semi.

Frank Hovis
1 hour ago, Carl Fimble said:

It seems to be just the east wing, not the whole mansion house, so it's semi-detached? Wasn't obvious to me until I read the address on their about us page

Melling Manor,
East Wing,
Melling Hall,
10 Gillison Close,

On the contact us page it has their address as :

Win a Country House

10 Gillison Close

Melling

Lancashire

LA6 2RD

I had it in my head from looking at the site it was a full mansion, not a semi.

I assumed it was the whole lot. £845k to live in a semi, no wonder it's not sold.

Carl Fimble

Still, I might go for it, they accept postal entries so it's just going to cost me an envelope and a stamp.

Obviously I'd sell it immediately, I couldn't possibly live in a semi detached mansion!

Even if I only got £400k for it that would clear all my debts and leave me with a wee bit to spend or put away for a rainy day.