• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Long time lurking

Are they coming for everyone`s savings

"...during a transitional period, depositors should have access to an appropriate amount of their covered deposits to cover the cost of living within five working days of a request."

So someone’s going to decide what an appropriate amount of YOUR money you will be allowed.!

3 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

"...during a transitional period, depositors should have access to an appropriate amount of their covered deposits to cover the cost of living within five working days of a request."

So someone’s going to decide what an appropriate amount of YOUR money you will be allowed.!

They already do, if you want cash.

Holy shit. >:(

16 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Everyone in debt for life, everyone working until they're seventy even if it's at slave wages on zero hours contracts, consume don't save.

TheyLive1.jpg

What film is this please? I remember seeing a clip of it on YT and being blown away (quite likely on ToS some years ago).

Looks like one for my small collection of DVDs.

Just now, Cunning Plan said:

At least you can still afford to waste apostrophes. 😀

Didn't notice that, must have hit the wrong suggestion on the phone keyboard.

2 minutes ago, UmBongo said:

Holy shit. >:(

What film is this please? I remember seeing a clip of it on YT and being blown away (quite likely on ToS some years ago).

Looks like one for my small collection of DVDs.

It's They live.

17 minutes ago, Lone Lurker said:

They already do, if you want cash.

Yep.  I've just sold my car. The bloke paid me cash. Apparently they gave him a really hard time when he got the money.  They also looked at me very suspiciously when I paid it back in. We are only talking three grand. 

2 minutes ago, One percent said:

Yep.  I've just sold my car. The bloke paid me cash. Apparently they gave him a really hard time when he got the money.  They also looked at me very suspiciously when I paid it back in. We are only talking three grand. 

I always get asked what I want to use the cash for too >:(

Lady in the bank not sure how to react when I say that I find that an impertinent question, but that I believe the standard answer to be hookers and drugs :D

Just now, Lone Lurker said:

Lady in the bank not sure how to react when I say that I find that an impertinent question, but that I believe the standard answer to be hookers and drugs :D

Not forgetting, and the rest I'll waste.

Just now, Lone Lurker said:

Good comeback. 

I phoned my bank last week as I'm buying a new car (yeah I know that everyone knows by now). I just wanted them to put a mark on my account so that they payment went through. 

After being quizzed about what the payment was for, I was told, no can do and if the payment is declined, then phone as that point. Tossers. 

7 minutes ago, One percent said:

Good comeback. 

I phoned my bank last week as I'm buying a new car (yeah I know that everyone knows by now). I just wanted them to put a mark on my account so that they payment went through. 

After being quizzed about what the payment was for, I was told, no can do and if the payment is declined, then phone as that point. Tossers. 

Um, may be procedure.  I bought my car on a debit card and when I paid the salesman had to phone the bank and pass the phone to me to confirm some details.  It may be that the security check has to be at the point of payment.