• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Great Guy

Favourite Possesions

I have to admit I love my £200 Ettinger wallet that I've had for two years. I love the shine on it and the overall feeling of quality. I also get a buzz from smelling the leather.

I also love my, week old, £69 seiko automatic watch. It's so much better than my previous swatch watch which felt cheap and was made of plastic. The seiko just feels such better quality and the window on the back shows you the "weight" charging the watch. This really appeals to the engineer in me.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I have had a really hard think, it would have to be something I couldn't replace, not the wife as she is not a possession.

I'm erring towards something I would never get rid of, something of grace, beauty and style.

It would be my 1992 hand-built, British made, titanium framed, rigid mountain bike.

5a14a79812f14_Supelightbondedti.png.33dbe8a37d6660719725e3c4235543bf.png

Edited by Chewing Grass
piccy piccy

13 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

Probably the Xbox. Or maybe the wife.

You forgot the six cans of Pepsi 

5 minutes ago, NTB said:

See my avatar. Plus the various things connected to it and the things it gets to caress.

What exactly is it? I was trying to work it out. 

My photographs. Which I am very lucky to have. My first major burglary took everything but randomly that day I had a backup of my pictures with me, so despite losing the pc, server and backup drive I still have them.

Apart from my watch, everything else I have owned of value has been stolen but none of it has really mattered in the end.

8 minutes ago, One percent said:

You forgot the six cans of Pepsi 

What exactly is it? I was trying to work it out. 

It's a Linn Krystal moving coil cartridge for playing records.

5 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

My photographs. Which I am very lucky to have. My first major burglary took everything but randomly that day I had a backup of my pictures with me, so despite losing the pc, server and backup drive I still have them.

Apart from my watch, everything else I have owned of value has been stolen but none of it has really mattered in the end.

I didn't realise that you lived in hackney. 

1 minute ago, NTB said:

It's a Linn Krystal moving coil cartridge for playing records.

I'm no wiser. xDo.O

Edit to add, I thought it was one of those fancy food mixers 

Edited by One percent

2 minutes ago, One percent said:

I'm no wiser. xDo.O

It's a fancy needle for a gramophone - does that make more sense? :)

Just now, One percent said:

Way worse. In my little village we have had 23 burglaries in the last month. People are starting to hire house sitters if they go out for a curry. 

Beyond a joke now.

1 minute ago, Cunning Plan said:

Way worse. In my little village we have had 23 burglaries in the last month. People are starting to hire house sitters if they go out for a curry. 

Beyond a joke now.

There has been a huge increase in thefts around Manchester. Bloke next to me at works mate had £6000 worth of trade tools stolen las night, another had his house broken into and his bikes removed from the cellar of all places while he slept. My son and his co-workers had most of their tool chests wrecked and their snap-on type stuff pilfered a couple of months back. All this coincides with a huge influx of North African / Syrian migrants into the area who have been relocated from down south over the last 12 months or so.

Not saying it is exclusively them but its upping the amount of general theft and plod is not at all interested as they don't have any manpower due to lack of recruitment for years and other PC bollocks they get obliged with by the SJW types.

17 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

People are starting to hire house sitters if they go out for a curry.

Here is an interest conundrum, do housesitters hire someone to housesit their house while they're housitting your house.

Now that is almost a tongue-twister.

It’s a conversation I’ve had with a friend who is a collector of stuff a few times 

I honestly can’t think of anything I own that I care about.

I like good quality stuff, but as long as I have the money to buy a new thing if the old thing breaks I’m happy 😀

23 minutes ago, NTB said:

It's a fancy needle for a gramophone - does that make more sense? :)

I’ve always thought it was a modern looking helmet for a suit of armour. Now I know what it is. xD

5 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Here is an interest conundrum, do housesitters hire someone to housesit their house while they're housitting your house.

Now that is almost a tongue-twister.

No. It is an excellent source of income for the local teenagers. Redistributing a bit of the boomers' cash to the young so some good has come of it.

4 minutes ago, Economic Exile said:

I’ve always thought it was a modern looking helmet for a suit of armour. Now I know what it is. xD

You won't catch me posting helmet picsB|