• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SCC

What's the best thing under £200 you've bought?

As a counter balance to Mr Pin's thread here:

What's the thing you've bought recently for less than a couple of hundred quid which has made the most difference to your quality of life?

Personally, it would be things like:

Second hand projector for £120. Every night is movie night, and the missus now actively encourages me to buy the blu-ray of something rather than moaning about the "collection".

33 minutes ago, ccc said:

Trigger point roller. Anyone who is active or even gets tight shoulders due to sitting at a desk or whatever. You NEED one. That's not a request it's a demand !!

Do you use it every day? We talking standard upper back rolling type stuff? (feel free to post a link to a how to video!) I've got one of them but haven't gotten into the way of using it regularly.

I'm going to go with my banjo again! 50 quid from a, long gone, second hand music place on Charing Cross Road. Sounded awful, looked awful, rattled like a can of bolts and kept me in beer and tabs for the best part of twenty years.

7 minutes ago, TheBlueCat said:

I'm going to go with my banjo again! 50 quid from a, long gone, second hand music place on Charing Cross Road. Sounded awful, looked awful, rattled like a can of bolts and kept me in beer and tabs for the best part of twenty years.

I know the area. I purchased a reasonable "patent infringed" Japanese Les Paul copy from Shaftesbury avenue, in the late 70s. I still have it, and it's "worth" exactly what I paid for it, but it never went wonky and still pays welll! And it was £95, a lot of money then.

That's for an old old camera, Mr ToNA. It has that horseshoe thing that connects to a sticky out bit. None of mine have that. You will have to stick it on F5.6 manually and fiddle it. Mind you those old optics are smashing, and the bits are metal!

4 minutes ago, wherebee said:

Engagement ring for my wife.  Looks great, she loves it, and compared to the 20,000 pounds some numpty friends of our bought, I know which decision I prefer...

20k on an engagement ring!

Bugger me rigid, my actual wedding didn't cost anywhere near that. What did he spend on the wedding ring?