• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Frank Hovis

Black Friday

46A50A6600000578-5112429-image-a-4_15114

There's none of that that I would want for free; I wouldn't give it houseroom.

What happened to proper stuff like shirts and jumpers?

What a load of utter crap that we slaves are meant to be working to obtain these days.

Oh wow I have a DeLonghi Magnifica Bean-to-Cup Coffee Machine.  If I get that for Christmas then I have an extra trip to the tip.

280 quid for a toothbrush!?

Reduced to just under 100 quid.

On what planet is that supposed to be a deal?

Eta - You'd have to be mentally ill to pay some of the so-called 'before' prices. The black friday prices are probably the original prices anyway.

Obvious fuckery is obvious.

Edited by Sgt Hartman

22 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

280 quid for a toothbrush!?

Reduced to just under 100 quid.

On what planet is that supposed to be a deal?

Eta - You'd have to be mentally ill to pay some of the so-called 'before' prices. The black friday prices are probably the original prices anyway.

Obvious fuckery is obvious.

I'm guilty of buying a cheaper model toothbrush from the same brand earlier this week. £100 down to £32. From pricespy, it's never been cheaper. 

I am still on my iphone5 though (not quite as skinflinty as Joe). 

22 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

Yup - I went on hotukdeals a few times in case I was 'missing' any great deals, and like Frank realized 'I don't need any of this shit'.

Proud iPhone 4-using skinflint...

4? Bugger me - I thought my 3 was cutting edge.

Was there a 2? 

I've just been to my local 24hr tesco superstore, it was shut! sign in the window saying closed 1am opening 6am for Black Friday sale! 

I think people are sleeping in their cars going by the number of vehicles in the carpark!

I drove on to the 24hr sainsburys, also closed

ended up joining the big queue at the 24hr McDonalds. 

3 24hr stores and only 1 open thats false advertising isnt it? 

Edited by WorkingPoor

SHOPPERS WARNING

Fears ISIS may launch terror attack on Black Friday shoppers, experts warn

Deranged Jihadis could see the sales frenzy as the ideal time to mount a strike – with Christmas markets highlighted as another potential target

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4973349/black-friday-shoppers-urged-to-be-vigilant-amid-fears-of-isis-inspired-terror-attack/

Maybe i'm glad it was shut! 

Edited by WorkingPoor

2 hours ago, Panther said:

Advice please

Where do I need to go to smash a TV over some fat bastard's head?

It's all kicking off at 6am so you want to be down there for 5:45 to get in on the stampede then you can smash a telly in the mellee

P.S get pics

Edited by WorkingPoor

I'm going to go and get a Polaroid branded telly then take it back and complain it's not printing any pictures out.

I'II probably also ask them where a Blaupunkt one goes in the car dashboard, whilst I'm there.

Last year I needed a new laptop, and got one for £100 in the black Friday sale. This year I could do with some toys and other bits and pieces for Christmas presents. Nothing at all on Frank's list above so will look online to see if there is anything. 

This White Tuesday I'm liking the sound of, is that like Black Friday but with politeness and queuing? No you, no, no, honestly, oh, thank you.

2 minutes ago, JackieO said:

High rise leather shorts reduced from £300 to £180?????

Who the fuck would buy such a thing.O.o

Someone with more money than sense, as my grandmother would have said.

I normally hate Black Friday as it smacks of retarded imported-from-the-US consumerism, but my phone has been barely useable for a few months now. Might have a look online but not bothered otherwise.

2 minutes ago, davidg said:

The burd on the left I'd have for free. I'm sure I could give her houseroom.

Looks a bit moody tbh.

Off work today so could head into town early - I'd like a bigger TV but I'm guessing the only way to get a real bargain was to be one of those nutters queuing at 6am?

And even though I'd like a bigger TV, my current soliution of moving my face closer to my 32 inch one is working out just fine thankyouverymuch...

Browsing laptops on the Dell Outlet store, which has an extra 15% off today....from my chromebook which cost me £70 second hand and has seen more use than any other laptop I've ever had. All of a sudden even the 'cheap' laptops seem expensive.

Edited by JoeDavola