• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

WorkingPoor

Final Brexit bill to be kept secret from the public

Theresa May has agreed with Brussels that Britain will hand over more than £40bn when the UK leaves the EU — but keep the final bill secret from the public even when the final deal is done in 2019.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/brexit-divorce-bill-to-be-kept-secret-5qc35cfl8

Well i knew from day 1 they were just buying time,

i was so happy with June 2016 it was the best month ever in UK politics. :Jumping:

Edited by WorkingPoor

16 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Or ... neither side have a fucking clue of figure that will be 10%-/+

No they ARE going to keep it secret from the british public even when the deal is done.

What was the original estimate 90bn if i recall so that'll be nearer the real figure everything else has been an attempt to play it down

Edited by WorkingPoor

Do you really think we are going to leave the EU?

This is simply the latest tactic that is being used to achieve the strategic aim of staying in.

I can just see it a couple of years down the line when one of the reasons why we are staying in is because we will be told the cost of leaving will be too high. 

There will be other reasons as well, this will be one of the many justifications.

Edited by sleepwello'nights
added "will be told"

8 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

Do you really think we are going to leave the EU?

This is simply the latest tactic that is being used to achieve the strategic aim of staying in.

I can just see it a couple of years down the line when one of the reasons why we are staying in is because we will be told the cost of leaving will be too high. 

There will be other reasons as well, this will be one of the many justifications.

We wont leave Europe -we attached by the channel....

We will leave the EU i nthe current form we are in.

How that exit will take palce, IM not 100%.

We will have to stick the the EU regs on food and the like if we want to export.

All the crap about banks leaving due to Breixt is BS. Banks are shrinking - and thats a good thing 2008 and all that.

Banks are goign back to their home countries - too much risk in running banks across legal zones.

French and German banks are not leaving London for Europe. Rather they are being shrunk down and are returning to their home countries ratehr than Europe.

I see it differently. I think that, unless Labour get in first, we will Brexit but the terms will be so bad (worse than just crashing out with no deal) and so unlike what the public actually wants that they'll want to keep it secret if for no other reason than political suicide.

Not sure.

As things stand the UK - and most EU countries - are pretty disocnnected from EU.

As my home region stands, the few buits of EU port that have landed our way has mostly been pissed away by UKGOV and LA councilors.

The very limited economic boost of 80s->2000 has been waaay negated by the 10,000s of EEE turning up and destroying te limited economic activity, followed by boosting rentals, crashing the schools due to loads of non English peaking kids, and tripling the benefit bill.

As it stands, I would guess there's only 30% of the working age population in the private sector, of those only a few are exporting.

2 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Not sure.

As things stand the UK - and most EU countries - are pretty disocnnected from EU.

As my home region stands, the few buits of EU port that have landed our way has mostly been pissed away by UKGOV and LA councilors.

The very limited economic boost of 80s->2000 has been waaay negated by the 10,000s of EEE turning up and destroying te limited economic activity, followed by boosting rentals, crashing the schools due to loads of non English peaking kids, and tripling the benefit bill.

As it stands, I would guess there's only 30% of the working age population in the private sector, of those only a few are exporting.

Cheap labour for Londoners, that is all.

And Breixt is going to put a lot of the things that caused Brexit back on the the EU - mainly about 6-10m EEers on benefits.

And countries like Swden and Netherlands are going to be landed with a few million xxx-Somali' citizens who moved, wholesale, to the UK.

Good luck with your 'be nice to Africans and hope they fuck off to the UK' cloggy.

2 minutes ago, spygirl said:

And Breixt is going to put a lot of the things that caused Brexit back on the the EU - mainly about 6-10m EEers on benefits.

And countries like Swden and Netherlands are going to be landed with a few million xxx-Somali' citizens who moved, wholesale, to the UK.

Good luck with your 'be nice to Africans and hope they fuck off to the UK' cloggy.

I'd like to believe they'll be shown the door.

But this is exactly the sort of thing I meant in my post about the details of Brexit being not what the people voted for. All the stuff I hear from govt is basically saying well let them all stay. It's not a huge leap to we'll let them all keep coming, too.

Edited by Melchett

8 minutes ago, Melchett said:

But this is exactly the sort of thing I meant in my post about the details of Brexit being not what the people voted for. All the stuff I hear from govt is basically saying well let them all stay. It's not a huge leap to we'll let them all keep coming, too.

I voted for a block on new arrivals and a withdrawal of the right to stay from those already here, i consider anything else a betrayal.

Little Englander & Proud :Old:

Edited by WorkingPoor

1 minute ago, Melchett said:

Eu citizens will be allowed to remain the UK.

But the EEer tax creditors will be caught up with the long needed benefit reforms.

The changes will be forced b ythe UK worsiing finances - look a the growth over the last 10 years. Look at the growth forecast. Any loon - bar Labour - who had ideas that the UK could benefit from millions of low skilled EEra and 3rd worlders are getting their ass served to them.

I have one good EE freind - shes been in the UK since 2004. She's the only Pole at her Church who works full time and pays tax. She's staying - she likes the UK, and handling the hassle of UK->Poland is not a biggy for her. And shes married to a Brit.

She's been having quiet words to the EEer tax creditors pointing out that the most of their benefit will end sooner than the y thing and, if they have kids, it might be a good idea to go back to their native country rather than risk being stuck unable to earn enough in the UK and having kids who do not have enough native language to succeed back in Poland.

3 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Unless you're planning on starting the revolution there is no chance of any change in immigration policy. Immigrants are here because people with more clout than you or me want them here you can vote in whatever election or referendum you like but until those people no longer want them nothing will change.

It's over a year since the referendum and on its way to the second anniversary. I can only presume people in this country have a fetish for folding up bits of paper and posting them in ballot boxes as it must now clear to even the most unobservant that voting changes none of the big issues. 

3 minutes ago, SNACR said:

Unless you're planning on starting the revolution there is no chance of any change in immigration policy. Immigrants are here because people with more clout than you or me want them here you can vote in whatever election or referendum you like but until those people no longer want them nothing will change.

It's over a year since the referendum and on its way to the second anniversary. I can only presume people in this country have a fetish for folding up bits of paper and posting them in ballot boxes as it must now clear to even the most unobservant that voting changes none of the big issues. 

Nope. They bulk are here because of Blair + Brown. It was not intended, just a pair of idiot who had not thought through their actions.

Its whether they can afford to stay here, with no recourse to benefits, that will decide if they stay.

Brexit will happen - it will roll on then, poof, occur.

£40 billion+ promised just so they can start trade talks??

us - "So can we talk trade now?"

them - "yes. You are getting fuck all unless you agree fully to our terms"

Best £40 billion ever spent

Just now, spygirl said:

Nope. They bulk are here because of Blair + Brown. It was not intended, just a pair of idiot who had not thought through their actions.

Its whether they can afford to stay here, with no recourse to benefits, that will decide if they stay.

Brexit will happen - it will roll on then, poof, occur.

I keep telling you there are no idiots making decisions it's just part of the schtick they feed the proles to appeal to their personal vanity. 

No political leaders in the west have autonomy. Has Trump brought any jobs back home, to make America great again, laid a single brick of his wall or drained even a pint of water from the swamp. It's all prole food nonsense.

5 minutes ago, SNACR said:

I keep telling you there are no idiots making decisions it's just part of the schtick they feed the proles to appeal to their personal vanity. 

No political leaders in the west have autonomy. Has Trump brought any jobs back home, to make America great again, laid a single brick of his wall or drained even a pint of water from the swamp. It's all prole food nonsense.

To be fair to Trump I think it is a matter of priorities at the moment - if compromised elected officials get pushed from the senate/congress as a follow on from the Hollywood rout then some swamps have to be dealt with first before being able to enact on other policies. You could well be right though.

Back to EU, see this as slippery slope, what else is going to be kept secret? Same old bloody story with the aims of the common market, which is why the vote for Brexit carried.

Edited by onlyme

7 minutes ago, SNACR said:

Too tinfoil hatted.

Theres rarely a leader in politics, just a load of hanger oners.

3 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Too tinfoil hatted.

Theres rarely a leader in politics, just a load of hanger oners.

My experience is you can never be tin foil hatted enough and some surprising issues I know for a fact the PM gets no say in.

36 minutes ago, SNACR said:

I'm with spygirl on this. Immigration ramped up in the Bliar Brown years. Sentiment has changed and many of us are less tolerant to those who do not want to integrate with us. Change is inevitable, but who knows how it will play out.

I'm curious about the net migration figures. There are a large number of people leaving the UK. Who are they and where are they going?

8 minutes ago, SNACR said:

My experience is you can never be tin foil hatted enough and some surprising issues I know for a fact the PM gets no say in.

The only mystery for me is why the vote was given in the first place. I know people will say that "they" expected to win it but I can't believe they would miscalculate that badly. It only got as close as it eventually did with wartime levels of propaganda and possibly having one of their own deliberately "offed" during the campaign.

4 minutes ago, eight said:

The only mystery for me is why the vote was given in the first place. I know people will say that "they" expected to win it but I can't believe they would miscalculate that badly. It only got as close as it eventually did with wartime levels of propaganda and possibly having one of their own deliberately "offed" during the campaign.

My conclusion is it was a safety valve vote to quell sentiment. I can well imagine we leave only in name, after it's been dragged out years, and nothing changes and EU legislation is still enacted for trade or economic reasons. Either that or we have some engineered financial crisis and the EU offer us the olive branch of joining the euro - that's how I would do it if I wanted this country to join the euro because it would never fly with the populace any other way.

A senior civil servant said some years back there are three issues they would never give the public a referendum on leaving the EU, bringing back capital punishment and bringing back grammar schools as they knew they would not get the answer they wanted.

If anything I'm suspicious the vote was as close as it was I suspect leaving the EU would be a landslide. It should at the very least have been almost all of the Tory vote, all of the UKIP vote plus a big chunk of Mrs Duffy, unhappy with immigrants, traditional northern Labour vote yet it's claimed to be split down the middle nearly. No serious thinker would have expected to win - although Spy will claim politicians are all idiots.

14 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

I'm with spygirl on this. Immigration ramped up in the Bliar Brown years. Sentiment has changed and many of us are less tolerant to those who do not want to integrate with us. Change is inevitable, but who knows how it will play out.

I'm curious about the net migration figures. There are a large number of people leaving the UK. Who are they and where are they going?

One million marched in this country to protest the Iraq war. Didn't stop it.

All the evidence points to what the populace thinks about the big issues being neither here no there but the electorate has some sort of abused wife relationship with its masters.

18 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

People who were working or employable.

Uk getting left with the dross.

26 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

workers, strivers, getting out while they still can, think Germany 1933.