• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank Hovis

Poster Watch

If the Unsustainable Future experience was anything to go by we will receive visitors coming on here with the sole intention of damaging it.  UF's particular one was Ventriloquist but there were others.

I regularly called out posters on HPC OT that were purely there to damage it but then was accused by the mods of bullying. But, as Mr McKay said to Mr Barraclough in Porridge "The Governor does not walk these floors".

If you have suspicions post them on this thread so that they become monitored.  The trolls are welcome to carry on where they are but are not welcome here.

I haven't seen any yet but early days, they'll turn up as they can't resist it.

1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

You did. Skinty was not a happy academic.

I thought she was nice really, but probably far too serious for me. We obviously dance to different drums.o.O

And I never got a bassoon. I bought a saxophone instead, thus annoying the brothers of the double reed!

Just now, eight said:

I remember being a bit scared of her avatar.

Apropos of nothing, has Bruce Banner showed up yet?

On another thread there's a screenshot of a now-deleted thread on HPC where he's pointed the finger at me for suggesting a property and economics forum and used the odd wording "Your friend Frank Hovis" to the mods.

This suggests to me that the UF speculation about his being in on mod conversations is correct.

1 minute ago, MrPin said:

But Frank you were rewarded with "warning points"!O.o

So were you. Bizarrely it was a feature of the forum software (and not the mods) that if somebody was making personal attacks against a poster then the only way to track that poster (the victim of the attacks) was to put a warning point on them and then it was easier to spot the attacks.

This was revealed when a software upgrade inadvertently revealed the warning points each had, including my four. I think I received one as a UF fellow traveler so the other three were put there when somebody was having a go at me.

I got banned from the forum and was only alowed back on due to the hard work and support of another old poster timebandit. I think I got booted out for having a blast at the constant bragadicio of Brucebanner. I thought he was a bit of a twat, and the wine got the better of me.

In the previously mentioned Kakaesque manner I was never told what the cause of the ban was but I know IRL I had done a lot more than most of the posters on the main board. Rather than being a gobshite I actually bothered to do something, not that it made a shite  bit of difference to the wider housing situation.

1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

On another thread there's a screenshot of a now-deleted thread on HPC where he's pointed the finger at me for suggesting a property and economics forum and used the odd wording "Your friend Frank Hovis" to the mods.

This suggests to me that the UF speculation about his being in on mod conversations is correct.

He also added that comment after the thread was locked, suggesting he is a moderator.

Our lad would make a good moderator.

He's honest, experienced in life, and has a fair bit of common-sense.

And he doesn't say "piss-flaps", "arseholes" or "bollocks" nowhere near as often as you might think...

Mrs XYY

10 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

Hmm?, I'm not a random person. I took it very personally.

k

Well you probably should not, as a random voice on the internet, you are providing the content. Without us it is a blank space!