• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

JackieO

Over the Border (Brexit thread)

1 minute ago, stokiescum said:

she does seem a tad pissed off with them

Terse. :o

May: " Unacceptable for EU to divide UK in two. "

She is prepared to walk away.

In the event of no deal EU citizen rights will be protected, they are wanted and welcome to stay.

Justine Greening now strongly pushing for the British people to decide by having another vote.

Fuck off Justine, away and boil your head.

May stamps her foot! Why hasn't this happened before? She really need to show leadership from day one. She has been weak and tentative. As a result we must "suffer", ( Merkel quote from Tuesday). If we are to be "friends" how come we must be punished and offered worse deals than either Norway or Canada.

I think it will make little difference either way. We have been renegotiating our position ever since we joined and leave or not that situation will remain. What will make a difference is whether we leave being seen as strong or weak, eg with or without our 40 billion.

The other thing that really annoys me is that Remainers continue to make comparisons with how things were. They are not the same now nor would they ever have been so the comparison needs to be with how things would become if we had remained - United States of Europe, open borders, TTIP and so on. If we go back now with our tail between our legs we lose the £ too as far as I understand it.

15 minutes ago, Admiral Pepe said:

Strong words. Did someone give the green light? Or just theatrics?

Here is my view.

She has been nobbled by Donald.  He's shown her the evidence that the UK are neck deep in the Obama/Clinton coup corruption, and has told her to back a proper BREXIT or she - and the establishment in the UK - is fucked.

The US wants a weak Europe.  BREXIT achieves that.  Plus, I think the Donald see the native UK population with a bit of fondness.

She looks relieved.  I have seen that look before - when someone has clear orders and all they have to do is follow them.

I wish I would be around in a hundred years to see the truth come out.

12 minutes ago, DTMark said:

I haven't heard that expression in thirty years

Indeed, I used to hear it from some of our Scottish brethren years ago.

4 hours ago, Bedrag Justesen said:

Gerard Batten:

" Another load of waffle from Mrs May. "

It’s quite some feat for May to try and make every one happy yet ending up making everyone despise her. 

Im no fan of hers but her speech today was pretty good I thought if you took it at face value, however we’ve been here before and have found her strong words to be meaningless.

Everyone knows this, the words she used were in political circles very strong but will still be be met with a shrug of the shoulders by those they were directed at and disbelieved by both sides of the Brexit debate. 

3 hours ago, Austin Allegro said:

Indeed. Mr Cameron's attempts at negotiating some sort of reform of our position with the EU achieved absolutely sweet FA and were just waved away by the apparatchiks of the EU who basically just slammed their equivalent of the post office counter window shut. From that moment on it was clear (to me, anyway) that the EU is not interested in negotiation or deals, it just wants its own way. Instead Mrs May seemed to think she could hammer out some sort of compromise. She's now trying the 'you're being very disrespectful to the British people' tactic but it's not working because a. the EU doesn't care and b. The Leavers don't believe her as she's not exactly showed much respect to the British people herself by her appeasing stance. 

Why did I just get a vision of kiosk Keith in my head (meaningless unless you have watched I'm a celebrity)

35 minutes ago, Long time lurking said:

Pantomime to protect here own arse  

She is a complete phoney.

Something odd about a sell-out plan she worked out with Merkel before her cabinet got to see it having such difficulties amongst EU leaders.

It is probably theatre. With May, as we've seen before, you can't believe a word.

2 hours ago, Long time lurking said:

Pantomime to protect here own arse  

2 hours ago, Alonso Quijano said:

She is a complete phoney.

Something odd about a sell-out plan she worked out with Merkel before her cabinet got to see it having such difficulties amongst EU leaders.

It is probably theatre. With May, as we've seen before, you can't believe a word.

Agreed, i cant see how she is for real on her new hard line bullshit. I expect her to bow down and go to the public, 2nd referendum.