• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
One percent

One parent families. How do they afford it?

As per title. Ten percent of children born, their parents do not live together. Yet another benefit scam

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5121413/More-one-10-babies-born-parents-live-apart.html

More than one in ten babies are born to parents who live apart, new data reveals today for the first time.

The number of babies registered with parents living at two addresses has more than doubled in the past 30 years, from 4.2 per cent in 1986 to 10.3 per cent in 2016. 

New figures from the Office for National Statistics also show the number of babies born into a marriage or civil partnership has dropped sharply from 79 per cent to 52 per cent over the past 30 years.

Tax Credits and Maintenance.

I have a theory some women screw beta males as they know they are a good bet in regards to paying maintenance.

Edited by JackieO

4 minutes ago, One percent said:

As per title. Ten percent of children born, their parents do not live together. Yet another benefit scam

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5121413/More-one-10-babies-born-parents-live-apart.html

More than one in ten babies are born to parents who live apart, new data reveals today for the first time.

The number of babies registered with parents living at two addresses has more than doubled in the past 30 years, from 4.2 per cent in 1986 to 10.3 per cent in 2016. 

New figures from the Office for National Statistics also show the number of babies born into a marriage or civil partnership has dropped sharply from 79 per cent to 52 per cent over the past 30 years.

Living apart and saying you live apart for benefits purposes are two very different things 

26 minutes ago, JackieO said:

I'm actually surprised its not higher.

Well thats only  birth.

Half the people who were married /together in my kids class have split.

Their choice. But it has to be their cost too.

A school mates sister provides a window on single mums.

Shes 43. She has one kid, whos about to leave ft education. Shes already getting her money cut. There was a big hoohaa when she missed her rent and she was threatened with the boot.

Her pre kid work history is a bit vague - noone, inc her, seems to know what she did pre kid. It seems to be odds and sods in shops.

If you add up yhe hours shes worked - 16hw shes only managed to work about 10 years in her 27y working life. Thats a huge burden for the tax base, ignoting the free stuff like school and nhs.

Shes scratting around for £40 to replace something. Its fucking nuts. It does not cross her mind to work a Saturday for the cash - thats what that cunt Browns created.

4 minutes ago, spygirl said:

A school mates sister provides a window on single mums.

Shes 43. She has one kid, whos about to leave ft education. Shes already getting her money cut. There was a big hoohaa when she missed her rent and she was threatened with the boot.

Her pre kid work history is a bit vague - noone, inc her, seems to know what she did pre kid. It seems to be odds and sods in shops.

If you add up yhe hours shes worked - 16hw shes only managed to work about 10 years in her 27y working life. Thats a huge burden for the tax base, ignoting the free stuff like school and nhs.

Shes scratting around for £40 to replace something. Its fucking nuts. It does not cross her mind to work a Saturday for the cash - thats what that cunt Browns created.

Is she pregnant again yet?  Easy enough to solve the problem and that will take her to around 60. A life on the lam. 

4 minutes ago, One percent said:

Is she pregnant again yet?  Easy enough to solve the problem and that will take her to around 60. A life on the lam. 

No. Shes is really really ugly - think les dawson, and im not joking, honest.

She was telling me she was a xx size, cant remember the exact number but when i googled women that size they were fucking huge.

Shes also got no teeth.

Finding someone, that drunk and still able to have sex with her must have been a one off.

Edited by spygirl

Just now, spygirl said:

Not always. They dont get discounted for majntenance either.

Nope. I had a mate who separated from her incredibly rich hubby. Think senior manager in a large organisation. He was paying her a couple of grand in maintenance and it wasn't taken into account when the single parent working tax bennies were being calculated. 

Madness, fecking madness. She was loaded. 

If house prices weren't so extortionate I'd wager that even more families would split. A lot of them stay together as they can't afford to split. I know this was true for my parents for a few years.

15 hours ago, One percent said:

Nope. I had a mate who separated from her incredibly rich hubby. Think senior manager in a large organisation. He was paying her a couple of grand in maintenance and it wasn't taken into account when the single parent working tax bennies were being calculated. 

UC does apparently though

:)

15 hours ago, One percent said:

To be fair, I do understand why maintenance isn't taken into account when assessing benefits. The ex could play silly buggers and skip some payments or lose their income and the benefits system isn't nimble enough to respond in time.

What should happen however is that the maintenance should be taken from payroll. If self-employed it's a bit trickier - perhaps have HMRC take advance payment like they do for tax and then ringfence it for maintenance payments.

On the other side of the coin the recipient of maintenance and benefits should be required to fill in a self-assessment return each year and be required to return, £ for £, the benefits received that were actually covered by maintenance that tax year.

54 minutes ago, the gardener said:

To be fair, I do understand why maintenance isn't taken into account when assessing benefits. The ex could play silly buggers and skip some payments or lose their income and the benefits system isn't nimble enough to respond in time.

What should happen however is that the maintenance should be taken from payroll. If self-employed it's a bit trickier - perhaps have HMRC take advance payment like they do for tax and then ringfence it for maintenance payments.

On the other side of the coin the recipient of maintenance and benefits should be required to fill in a self-assessment return each year and be required to return, £ for £, the benefits received that were actually covered by maintenance that tax year.

No.

Maintenance should be set at minimum benefits level.  As a divorced parent, one reason I left the UK was that if I stayed in the UK, and worked hard to get career progression, my ex could have come back through the courts/CSA to increase the maintenance in line with my wage growth.  Massive disincentive on men to work harder.

To end up with good choices by women re fathers, the following should happen:

No enforced maintenance.  Voluntary, fine.

Government pays minimum child benefit to all parents

Non-carer parent taxed an additional amount each year equal to the benefit cost

Property owned by the couple lived in by the child caring parent, but sold on youngest child reaching 18 and proceeds split between the parents

If carer parent breaches and court orders re visitation, non-carer has automatic right to take over caring.  No ifs, not buts

At the moment, the system is set so far against men it is laughable.

3 hours ago, wherebee said:

No.

Maintenance should be set at minimum benefits level.  As a divorced parent, one reason I left the UK was that if I stayed in the UK, and worked hard to get career progression, my ex could have come back through the courts/CSA to increase the maintenance in line with my wage growth.  Massive disincentive on men to work harder.

To end up with good choices by women re fathers, the following should happen:

No enforced maintenance.  Voluntary, fine.

Government pays minimum child benefit to all parents

Non-carer parent taxed an additional amount each year equal to the benefit cost

Property owned by the couple lived in by the child caring parent, but sold on youngest child reaching 18 and proceeds split between the parents

If carer parent breaches and court orders re visitation, non-carer has automatic right to take over caring.  No ifs, not buts

At the moment, the system is set so far against men it is laughable.

and what about the ones with no property or job?

22 hours ago, spygirl said:

No. Shes is really really ugly - think les dawson, and im not joking, honest.

She was telling me she was a xx size, cant remember the exact number but when i googled women that size they were fucking huge.

Shes also got no teeth.

Finding someone, that drunk and still able to have sex with her must have been a one off.

This is a job for.....

ccc