• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Battenberg

Help! I think I'm going mad.

6 minutes ago, Battenberg said:

I've been into Aldi this evening and in the first aisle was a man about aged 50 holding a French bulldog that was wearing a jumper. His wife/partner was also with him and they were talking to the deputy store manager about the dog, ooing and arghing about how 'they're like babies'. 

As I walk past them I just can't stop myself and I ask the woman if it's a service dog, knowing full bloody well it's not and to my mind shouldn't be in the supermarket. I'm met with rage at my audacity to ask such a question. I'm told to jog on by the man and that it's people like me that can't keep their noses out that are the problem. I give a little laugh and a "yeah right, actually it's people like you who think they're above the rules". The deputy manger defends them and says it's alright as they're holding the dog. I'm pretty disgusted and have told her I shall speak with the manager. She walks off muttering that that's what I should do. 

They all walk off and the couple seem perfectly happy continuing their shopping. 

I like dogs, I have one, but I don't think they should be in Aldi. So I can be clear that I am indeed wrong I shall be writing to Aldi tomorrow to ask them their policy on this. 

AIBU? 

Was it a pedigree? If so, it is obvious they should have been in Waitrose.

Just now, Cunning Plan said:

Was it a pedigree? If so, it is obvious they should have been in Waitrose.

Not just pedigree but the designer dog of the moment, a blue French bulldog. I think they're currently changing hands for around £1500. I can only imagine the sense of entitlement this couples children have been brought up with, assuming they had any. Perhaps the dog was the baby she never had or she's struggling with empty nest syndrome. 

31 minutes ago, Battenberg said:

Not just pedigree but the designer dog of the moment, a blue French bulldog. I think they're currently changing hands for around £1500. I can only imagine the sense of entitlement this couples children have been brought up with, assuming they had any. Perhaps the dog was the baby she never had or she's struggling with empty nest syndrome. 

its still a dag

Absolutely YANBU.

People and their bloody dogs.

No. It's clearly not acceptable to bring a pet dog into a supermarket, I'm amazed the deputy manager defended it. The owners are arseholes.

There is a militancy brewing around dog ownership that is really starting to get on my tits. Not everyone is that keen on them and it's this new 'in your face' element about it that is making me dislike them even more. That and having to scrape dogshit off my shoes/pram wheels/work machinery/son on a daily basis. 

It's bloody weird.

Edited by Sgt Hartman

1 minute ago, Sgt Hartman said:

People and their bloody dogs.

No. It's not acceptable to bring a pet dog into a supermarket, I'm amazed the deputy manager defended it. The owners are arseholes.

There is a militancy brewing around dog ownership that is really starting to get on my tits. Not everyone is that keen on them and it's this new 'in your face' element about it that is making me dislike them even more. That and having to scrape dogshit off my shoes/pram wheels/work machinery/son on a daily basis. 

It's bloody weird.

I think I was told that yesterday but not so eloquently.

18 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

I think I was told that yesterday but not so eloquently.

Thing is, I used to quite like dogs until I moved here, where every second punter has one or more of them. I have to deal with some element of someone elses dog almost every time I walk out of the door.

I just think they're an absolute pain in the arse now. 

13 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

Thing is, I used to quite like dogs until I moved here, where every second punter has one or more of them. I have to deal with some element of someone elses dog almost every time I walk out of the door.

I just think they're an absolute pain in the arse now. 

Where is "here"?

Just now, Knock Out Johnny said:

Okay. 

Didn't mean to pry

I thought you were somewhere like Paris LOL

:)

Amazingly, there is slightly less dogshit where I am than Paris. That's excrementally on another level, it wouldn't surprise me if they have to go round the streets there nightly with a JCB to clean it up.

7 hours ago, Battenberg said:

I've been into Aldi this evening and in the first aisle was a man about aged 50 holding a French bulldog that was wearing a jumper. His wife/partner was also with him and they were talking to the deputy store manager about the dog, ooing and arghing about how 'they're like babies'. 

As I walk past them I just can't stop myself and I ask the woman if it's a service dog, knowing full bloody well it's not and to my mind shouldn't be in the supermarket. I'm met with rage at my audacity to ask such a question. I'm told to jog on by the man and that it's people like me that can't keep their noses out that are the problem. I give a little laugh and a "yeah right, actually it's people like you who think they're above the rules". The deputy manger defends them and says it's alright as they're holding the dog. I'm pretty disgusted and have told her I shall speak with the manager. She walks off muttering that that's what I should do. 

They all walk off and the couple seem perfectly happy continuing their shopping. 

I like dogs, I have one, but I don't think they should be in Aldi. So I can be clear that I am indeed wrong I shall be writing to Aldi tomorrow to ask them their policy on this. 

AIBU? 

YANBU.

If dogs are like babies they will shit, piss and puke unpredictably.

Edited by Hopeful

7 hours ago, Carl Fimble said:

That dog should not have been in a supermarket, you are not being unreasonable at all. Good on you for moaning at them too.

Write to them as a Muslim though, "Mohammed Battenberg-Jihad"

It will be more effective I reckon.

On second thoughts, maybe we should welcome dogs into all our supermarkets......

:ph34r:

Always like to bring my pet pig with me :Jumping:

We all think that a special case should be made for our own without stepping back and considering the effect upon others.

You know that your big dog bounding across the beach to some terrified children loves them and just wants to play but they don't know this.  To them it is a big dog with big teeth running at them.

8 hours ago, Battenberg said:

AIBU? 

Dogs shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a supermarket or anywhere that has fresh (or otherwise) food for sale.

I've no idea on the law though. Are they allowed in restaurants?

These small dogs that people have as fashion accessories that wouldn't last a day without their owners, what do they do with them when they need to go into a shop?

27 minutes ago, Thombleached said:

Dogs shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a supermarket or anywhere that has fresh (or otherwise) food for sale.

I've no idea on the law though. Are they allowed in restaurants?

These small dogs that people have as fashion accessories that wouldn't last a day without their owners, what do they do with them when they need to go into a shop?

The pub/restaraunt near me positively encourages them.

All well and good if you're an owner but if I wanted to eat my meal while a dozen animals milled around barking, sniffing and farting, I'd have my dinner in a farmyard.

3 minutes ago, Sgt Hartman said:

The pub/restaraunt near me positively encourages them.

All well and good if you're an owner but if I wanted to eat my meal while a dozen animals milled around barking, sniffing and farting, I'd have my dinner in a farmyard.

Just don't go there.  There's a tea room near me which, because it's attached to a hotel converted into rented flats where a lot of the people own dogs, allows dogs in so I won't go there.

I don't go to one of my locals on wet days in the summer because it has a soft play area and I don't enjoy a relaxing drink when trips to the bar are like some dodge 'em video game with young children running out of all doorways.

Neither is a boycott / protest on my behalf as I can just go somewhere else.

1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

Just don't go there.  There's a tea room near me which, because it's attached to a hotel converted into rented flats where a lot of the people own dogs, allows dogs in so I won't go there.

I don't go to one of my locals on wet days in the summer because it has a soft play area and I don't enjoy a relaxing drink when trips to the bar are like some dodge 'em video game with young children running out of all doorways.

Neither is a boycott / protest on my behalf as I can just go somewhere else.

I don't. I've been there twice after other people have chosen it as a venue.

It's entirely their prerogative and I don't blame them, like I said, everyone here owns a dog so it makes sense for them to target that market. More power to their doggy elbows.

It's not for me though.

I also agree with kids in some pubs. I go to the pub to escape from kids for a while! :)