• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
swiss_democracy_for_all

You're all terrible people.

7 minutes ago, ccc said:

This has been going on for years now. 

It's got to the point where myself and many folk I know aren't even bothered if someone calls us racist anymore (always online never in real life funnily enough). 

I don't hate foreigners. I don't fear them.

What I fear is how bad this country is going to become if we continue to allow a flood - and that's exactly what it is - to pour into this country year after year.

Strangely enough I imagine most of these very people once they've been here for a few years will completely agree with me. 

Almost every "negative" story I hear on the news can be linked to an ever increasing population. Which is not required !!

Schools. Roads. Housing. NHS. Infrastructure. Trains. And more. 

I think someone needs to make up a new "phobia" or "ist" to cover the reality of this and we can all say - yes I am "xxxxxxxist" - instead of the usual racist or xenophobic nonsense.

Leftist

Guardianist

Corbynist

Cuckaphobia

Geldolphobia

6 minutes ago, blobloblob said:

They don't appear to be attracting the sort of comments I think they'd like to be attracting. 

Top comment is this :)

151 upvotes and 22 downvotes.

"E-E-E

19 hours ago

I'm not even bothered about immigrants from India [Hindu's/Sikhs], Chinese or African Christians/people from the Caribbean. Nobody should care about these guys.

What we should care about and stop is the islamification of modern Western Britain. That means blocking new mosques being built everywhere, this also goes for Islamic schools and the whole lot."

"There are three groups that we can differentiate that are supportive of those sorts of views,” said Dr Agnieszka Golec de Zavala, a social psychologist at Goldsmiths.

She says that the three groups are authoritarians, who believe immigrants will destroy the traditional status quo in Britain, ‘socially dominant’ people who compete for their group’s dominance over immigrants, and ‘collective narcissists’ who believe that Britain is simply better and entitled to privileged treatment."

I suspect that she may not be British by birth. Her opinion on immigration could be biased or skewed for some reason based on her reasons for being in the UK do you think?. Pretty though, maybe a 7 or 8. Anyway.

I'm not sure whether I'm an authoritarian or a collective narcissist. Either is implicitly bad, simply wanting our country to retain its values of tolerance, free speech and social responsibility is not a suitable reason for wanting to rid ourselves of the undemocratic clutches of the EU bureaucrats who are seeking to destroy the wealth, prosperity and freedom we in Europe have enjoyed throughout my life time.

I've just skim read the report and if I've understood it correctly the study groups were Polish and MTurk (whatever nationality/ethnicity they are). Interesting that a study carried out on foreign nationals extrapolates into attitudes from british people.

Edited by sleepwello'nights
Proof reading

12 minutes ago, sleepwello'nights said:

"There are three groups that we can differentiate that are supportive of those sorts of views,” said Dr Agnieszka Golec de Zavala, a social psychologist at Goldsmiths.

She says that the three groups are authoritarians, who believe immigrants will destroy the traditional status quo in Britain, ‘socially dominant’ people who compete for their group’s dominance over immigrants, and ‘collective narcissists’ who believe that Britain is simply better and entitled to privileged treatment."

I suspect that she may not be British by birth. Her opinion on immigration could be biased or skewed for some reason based on her reasons for being in the UK do you think?. Pretty though, maybe a 7 or 8. Anyway.

I'm not sure whether I'm an authoritarian or a collective narcissist. Either is implicitly bad, simply wanting our country to retain its values of tolerance, free speech and social responsibility is not a suitable reason for wanting to rid ourselves of the undemocratic clutches of the EU bureaucrats who are seeking to destroy the wealth, prosperity and freedom we in Europe have enjoyed throughout my life time.

I've just skim read the report and if I've understood it correctly the study groups were Polish and MTurk (whatever nationality/ethnicity they are). Interesting that a study carried out on foreign nationals extrapolates into attitudes from british people.

The research has a deep flaw.

There seems to be an assumption that immigration is a good thing, or at worst, neutral.  It might actually be that high levels of immigration are bad for the local population.  In that case the definitions might be:

• Their 'authoritarian group' -- people who are observing immigration damaging their ability to improve or even maintain their social status.
  • Their 'social dominant group' -- people who have discovered that their ability to earn a living is made more difficult due to increased competition.
  • Their ' collective narcissists' -- people who have experienced a decrease in their local physical, social and economic environment, coincident with (and, potentially caused by) increased immigration in their area.

I've no idea if that is actually the case.  The trouble is, I don't think the psychologist knows either.

7 minutes ago, TheNoSnowMan said:

Nothing new. The establishment insulting the proles for not doing what they're told.

I wonder if Will Self would be such a strong supporter of multiculturalism if his street was suddenly changed beyond recognition. Or if his children were being systematically raped by Muslim gangs. Or if he couldn't afford to live in his home town any more due to ridiculous HPI and wage stagnation. It's easy to virtue signal when you can afford to have none of these things affect your life. But what really boils my piss is the shear smugness of these arseholes who genuinely believe that they're better people - even though they're just puppets of the elite whether they realise it or not. It's the same with the claim that 'educated' people voted remain. So a piece of paper from a fucking ex poly means you're a genius now does it? £40k of debt and works in a call centre but, "I voted remain so I'm smarter than you!" If anyone deserves to labelled 'narcissistic' it's these arrogant, smug shitbags.

End of the day though, there are more of us than them. I still maintain if Brexit is betrayed there will be riots and civil unrest. And fucking bring it on...

applause-o.gif

4 hours ago, swissy_fit said:

If you voted Brexit you're a bad person and you hate all immigrants. So there. 

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/brexit-support-strongly-linked-fear-immigrants-researchers-say-104609378.html

I must be the antichrist. I hate them so much, I married one.

Then I voted Brexit (which every lefty I know sees as hypocritical, despite my wife supporting my viewpoint). 

The political response to Brexit has shown that we are fucked in the Uk, regardless of the relative strength of Brexit. 

So I am looking to move to a country where the soon-to-be PM has been castigated as Trump-esque, and am freeing up the space (not that we operate a one in-one out policy) for another family of western-valued doctors to take my place. 

I would have thought that the great majority of 1950s / 60s / 70s / 80s immigrants who came here, followed the rules, worked hard and integrated would have been appalled at the open door immigration policy from 1997 and the refusal to even attempt to integrate or work by so many post 97 immigrants that they would have voted Brexit to stop the country that they wanted and worked hard to be part from sliding even further into the gutter under the Junckers / Soros plan.

21 minutes ago, The Generation Game said:

Then I voted Brexit (which every lefty I know sees as hypocritical, despite my wife supporting my viewpoint). 

The political response to Brexit has shown that we are fucked in the Uk, regardless of the relative strength of Brexit. 

So I am looking to move to a country where the soon-to-be PM has been castigated as Trump-esque, and am freeing up the space (not that we operate a one in-one out policy) for another family of western-valued doctors to take my place. 

Hungary ?

9 minutes ago, This Time said:

I must hate myself since I'm an immigrant who voted for Brexit.

And the above is the sort of thing that just can't be argued with. Come up with examples like this to those who throw the racist stuff about ?

They literally don't know what to say. They just ignore it. 

6 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I would have thought that the great majority of 1950s / 60s / 70s / 80s immigrants who came here, followed the rules, worked hard and integrated would have been appalled at the open door immigration policy from 1997 and the refusal to even attempt to integrate or work by so many post 97 immigrants that they would have voted Brexit to stop the country that they wanted and worked hard to be part from sliding even further into the gutter under the Junckers / Soros plan.

I think you're right. West Indians in particularly. When I used to live in London there was a West Indian gentleman who came over in the 50s whom I sometimes chatted too at my local parish church. Totally anglicised, upstanding British citizen proud to live here. On the day after Brexit when most people were looking a bit shocked, he loudly hailed  me in the street and said 'Austin! How did you vote?' 'Leave!' I said. 'GOOD  MAN!' came the reply. 

19 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I agree, my observations seem the same. There is, however,  an issue with third or fourth generation children of some immigrants who think the theology of their forebears is better than the way of life in UK and wish us to change our way of life to one more suitable to their way of thinking.

That is my issue and the arrival of others who share their view. 

26 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Gate Gourmet - 2005. 

Staff returning from tea break found agency staff at the production line, 95% existing Asian staff, 75% women, that was the litmus test for how government were going to allow/encourage companies to use cheap migrant/temporary labour to rout existing labour pricing levels and employment practices. Downhill since then.

http://www.leeds.ac.uk/strikingwomen/gategourmet/chronology

5 hours ago, ccc said:

This has been going on for years now. 

It's got to the point where myself and many folk I know aren't even bothered if someone calls us racist anymore (always online never in real life funnily enough). 

I don't hate foreigners. I don't fear them.

What I fear is how bad this country is going to become if we continue to allow a flood - and that's exactly what it is - to pour into this country year after year.

Strangely enough I imagine most of these very people once they've been here for a few years will completely agree with me. 

Almost every "negative" story I hear on the news can be linked to an ever increasing population. Which is not required !!

Schools. Roads. Housing. NHS. Infrastructure. Trains. And more. 

I think someone needs to make up a new "phobia" or "ist" to cover the reality of this and we can all say - yes I am "xxxxxxxist" - instead of the usual racist or xenophobic nonsense.

I don't care either.  I tried explaining my position to my mum (who seems to be losing it a bit mentally, she said that I sounded like a racist. I just left it at that).  The spectacle of my mum ('racially' Chinese being 1st generation born in UK saying this to me, caucasian-chinese) saying this caused some sort of cognitive dissonance in my mind.  My dad (of southern Irish extraction, his grandparents emigrated to mainland UK) completely agrees with me too - but then he has seen more of the real world than my mum who appears to be a bit idealistic in her view of the world.

We are importing, what, 'officially' 300k odd? Unofficially it's more like 700k.  That's a ridiculous expansion to the population in 15-20 years with fuck all provisions of infrastructure (or asking the people who live here!)

1 hour ago, The Generation Game said:

Yeah, same.  Me (half caucasian half chinese) and my other half (Irish parents who moved to UK), we must be some sort of 'race traitor' ... or just stupid eh?  I must not know my own mind and need the likes of Will Self to think for me. Silly me eh.

58 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Precisely this.  My grandparents all worked, working class manual work.  Maternal grandparents did the traditional chinese takeaway/shop, never asked for any help from the state.  Paternal grandparents were fruit and veg market / dockers.  My mum and dad have never claimed any dole (might have been out of work for very short times, nothing like years on the dole if you see what I mean).  Instilled in me the work ethic. Just like the above quote, they would be fucking appalled.  My dad certainly is.

48 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

I think you're right. West Indians in particularly. When I used to live in London there was a West Indian gentleman who came over in the 50s whom I sometimes chatted too at my local parish church. Totally anglicised, upstanding British citizen proud to live here. On the day after Brexit when most people were looking a bit shocked, he loudly hailed  me in the street and said 'Austin! How did you vote?' 'Leave!' I said. 'GOOD  MAN!' came the reply. 

Funnily enough the couple who run the local bargain booze offy are probably in their very late 50s and I think are Hindu (Indian subcontinent but not pakistani/islamists), I mentioned that I voted Leave (by this point I really couldn't give a shit and will clearly say that I think there are too many of unskilled migrants and we need skilled immigration like USA/Oz/NZ), they quietly agreed when it was just me and them in the shop one evening.