• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Fully Detached

Fuck Buggering Christmas

14 minutes ago, Fully Detached said:

That's it, I'm done. I managed to make it to 28th November before smashing through my tolerance threshold.

I will now spend most of the next 6 weeks arguing with the missus, and trying not to kill any of the doe-eyed sentimental twats celebrating a festival for a religion that they don't believe in

I'm as irreligious as the next man, but I don't have a problem "celebrating" Christmas. It's as pagan as, as far as I'm concerned, and I only go through the motions anyway.

1 minute ago, WorkingPoor said:

One year i went to my local 24hr Pure Gym on xmas day and did weights then i went again on NYE at 11pm, loved it. 

They really are 24/7 365 

I've got into the habit of training on Boxing Day and NY day myself. I don't really know why but it does seem like a nice antidote to all the bullshit and bollocks going on around me.

12 minutes ago, Fully Detached said:

That's it, kick a man while he's down why don't you?

And good will to all men. (and women I suppose, and the other genders, whatever they are, and those who identify as dolphins, or indeed messiahs, or attack helicopters, or wardrobes, or...).

6 minutes ago, eight said:

I'm as irreligious as the next man, but I don't have a problem "celebrating" Christmas. It's as pagan as, as far as I'm concerned, and I only go through the motions anyway.

That's fair enough. I strike religious festival from my rant.

And replace it with Christmas markets in crappy wooden sheds selling complete shit at a 4000% markup just because it's cold and dark and you have a glass of mulled wine and a shitty german sausage while you're walking around it.

Edited by Fully Detached

2 minutes ago, Fully Detached said:

I've got into the habit of training on Boxing Day and NY day myself. I don't really know why but it does seem like a nice antidote to all the bullshit and bollocks going on around me.

It was just me & some muslims and Chinese on Xmas day lol 

I generally pop out for a bike ride, or, if the weather is too shite, a long walk.

Lovely and empty everywhere till the pissheads wake up and, despite hangovers, get in their cars to drive to the sales to continue their orgy of consumption. Then it's time to get inside sharpish before some twat, probably still over the limit, runs you over.

1 minute ago, eight said:

Yeah, pretty shitty to say that people can't have a mid winter celibration just because they don't believe that some hippy bloke 2,000 years ago was the son of god - it's something common to all non-equatorial cultures.

20 minutes ago, Fully Detached said:

That's it, I'm done. I managed to make it to 28th November before smashing through my tolerance threshold.

I will now spend most of the next 6 weeks arguing with the missus, and trying not to kill any of the doe-eyed sentimental twats celebrating a festival for a religion that they don't believe in, spending money they don't have on shit nobody needs for people they don't like, and consuming their own bodyweight in chocolate on a daily basis, all the while convincing themselves that "It's for the kids really, innit?"

And we wonder why TPTB treat us like we're stupid? FFS, they're right.

I am okay so far, mainly because of the Royal Fucking Wedding taking up everyone's attention. Mixed blessing though, which is worse?

9 minutes ago, WorkingPoor said:

One year i went to my local 24hr Pure Gym on xmas day and did weights then i went again on NYE at 11pm, loved it. 

They really are 24/7 365 

I used to love going for a drive on Christmas Day about 3pm when nobody is on the roads. The only other time it's like that is when England are playing some important football match.

4 minutes ago, Fully Detached said:

And replace it with Christmas markets in crappy wooden sheds selling complete shit at a 4000% markup just because it's cold and dark and you have a glass of mulled wine and a shitty german sausage while you're walking around it.

oh yeah, I'll definitely give you that.

I celebrate Christmas as a Christian festival on the 25th and the midwinter solstice on the 21st and the decorations do for both so it's win win for me :)

5 minutes ago, dgul said:

See this is what i hate about Christmas.  People always start the festivities early.

It isn't Advent until the 3rd.  Then you can argue about Christmas.

Good point.

CD7qJIzWAAERbWr.png

1 minute ago, SpectrumFX said:

You're not drinking enough. The booze will get you numb enough to get through it.

:Beer:

I'm not able to drink very much any more, it makes me feel like crap. The only alternative is a herbal substitute and if I try doing that every night between now and January, within 3 days I'll be spending all evening on the David Icke forum and thinking to myself that these people really know what they're talking about.

1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

I celebrate Christmas as a Christian festival on the 25th and the midwinter solstice on the 21st and the decorations do for both so it's win win for me :)

I do very much celebrate the solstice.

13 minutes ago, Fully Detached said:

That's fair enough. I strike religious festival from my rant.

Before being flattened by a mad jihadist driving a 10 ton truck

Merry Xmas

As a church chorister we start rehearsing for carol services just after Remembrance Sunday. I feel like Christmas has already come and gone and it's not even bloody December yet!

As for the Royal Wedding, I can't wait to see what an absolute wankfest that will be. The Guardian et al, who normally sneer at such events, will be creaming their pants and falling over each other to report on all the dark in-laws that the Queen will be meeting, as if she's some sort of Little Britain racist who's never met black people before, conveniently forgetting to report that she reigns over millions of them. 

18 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Good point.

CD7qJIzWAAERbWr.png

That picture makes me think of your otib profile, which makes me think of last Saturday, which makes me sad. 

I'm shocked at the cynicism on here. 

At Christmas time, we come together as a nation to remember a very special family, one which represents our greatest beliefs as a nation. 

No, I don't mean Jesus, Mary and Joseph and that old tat.

I'm talking about the mixed-race John Lewis TV advert family!