• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
dgul

£1,500 each

A bargain.

Barnier, 

https://order-order.com/2017/11/29/barnier-uk-turned-back-fighting-isis/#disqus_thread

“[Brexit] was a decision taken against the backdrop of a strategic repositioning by our American ally, which has gathered pace since the election of Donald Trump. It was a decision that came after a series of attacks on European soil, committed by young people who grew up in Europe, in our countries. It was a decision that came six months after the French Minister of Defence issued a call for solidarity to all his European counterparts to join forces to fight the terrorism of Daesh. Never had the need to be together, to protect ourselves together, to act together been so strong, so manifest. Yet rather than stay shoulder to shoulder with the Union, the British chose to be on their own again.”

So they folded as we all knew they would.

They'll fold on every other thing as well. The EU don't negotiate, they just tell you how it's going to be. You suck it up, or not. To date, everyone they've talked to has sucked it up. Looks like the UK is going to do the same. Disappointing but with the current kind of politicians in Westminster, inevitable.

That 350 million extra for the health service or whatever it was isn't looking too clever now, is it Boris?

2 minutes ago, Fully Detached said:

Post the sort code and account number and I'll send mine now.

If you're a middle-class taxpayer then double the bill - the rich and poor won't pay anything, that's how it is.

This is the clearest possible sign that the UK government prefers to present the UK's spread buttocks, lubed up and ready, to get any kind of deal from the EU, than to get no deal. The banks have spoken, all will have been made crystal clear to Boris and Davis and chums - no deal and hard Brexit is not going to happen.

This is just the beginning, the trade talks will follow exactly the same pattern. 

11 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

This is the clearest possible sign that the UK government prefers to present the UK's spread buttocks, lubed up and ready, to get any kind of deal from the EU, than to get no deal. The banks have spoken, all will have been made crystal clear to Boris and Davis and chums - no deal and hard Brexit is not going to happen.

This is just the beginning, the trade talks will follow exactly the same pattern. 

#TakingBackControlxD

1 hour ago, dgul said:

50,000 bln euro to leave the EU.  30,000,000 taxpayers.  £1,500 each, on average

Just thought you'd like to know.

Over 4-5 years that's only ~£400 pa.  All of which will be stuff we were always going to pay for. Where do I sign?

I won't be paying much of it anyway as I am minimising my tax bill by paying into my pension. I may then claim tax credits on top since I'll have reduced my income by such a large amount.

I'll let those wealthy London Remainers pay. 😀

So if this is being calculated as I believe it is, this number is our share of the balance sheet deficit that the EU has run up over the years. So we owe it, either to the EU or indirectly to their creditors.

Therefore we have the choice of bailing out of a loss making organisation (or cutting and running as some would say) or deferring paying what we owe and seeing our share of the EU deficit grow year on year and be eventually passed on to our kids.

A good gambler knows when to quit. A good businessman knows when to cut his losses.

7 minutes ago, Cunning Plan said:

So if this is being calculated as I believe it is, this number is our share of the balance sheet deficit that the EU has run up over the years. So we owe it, either to the EU or indirectly to their creditors.

Therefore we have the choice of bailing out of a loss making organisation (or cutting and running as some would say) or deferring paying what we owe and seeing our share of the EU deficit grow year on year and be eventually passed on to our kids.

A good gambler knows when to quit. A good businessman knows when to cut his losses.

That's a good way of looking at it -- I'll note it for future use.